Chapter 13: When the Time Comes

Love ft. Marriage and Divorce Season 4 (Fanfic)

 

When the Time Comes

Worried and anxious, Pan Sa-hyeon was holding his wife's hand tightly. Its not the first time Bu Hye-ryoung had collapse. She did so many times after she had given birth. Waiting for the doctor then saying they can't find anything only made him worried more.

"Are you her guardian?" The doctor asked.

"De. How's my wife?" Sa-hyeon asked.

"We did some preliminary blood testing. Was she too stress lately?"

"Unfortunately she is." he sighed.

"You should take care of her more and be wary of things that could make her too stress and tired. She's too fragile for her state."

"What do you mean?"

"Congratulations, sir. You are about to be a father."

"De? Really?" Pan Sa-hyeon's happiness suddenly can't be contained. He can't find the right words to say what he was feeling. All he can do was to kissed Bu Hye-ryoung's hand over and over again.

Night came and Nam Ga-bin and Ami can't seem to calm down. They ended up in Ga-bin's apartment. The professor and the doctor spent their time in a bar together frustrated.

"Do you think Bu Hye-ryoung's husband will do what he said?" Park Hae-ryoung sipped on his glass.

"I don't know. This is really humiliating in every way. Why do we have to meet Sa Pi-young and Uram eomma that way?" the doctor gulped on his glass in frustration.

"To even meet their husband on top of that."

"This is the first time you met him in personal, right?"

"De."

"What can you say?"

"What can I say? The way he was holding her speaks everything you can say. He was blinded by love."

"I can say the same with your ex-wife." the doctor huffed, "Even Sa Pi-young and her husband looks at each other the same way."

"Tsh, they were flaunting their new marriage as if its their first time."

"By the way, aren't you and Nam Ga-bin going to go back together? Don't you like to date again?"

"Ani. She doesn't want to too."

"Wae? Did you hurt each other that bad?"

"Ah, now that you opened it up, Sa Pi-young's husband, he was Nam Ga-bin ex-fiance."

"De?"

"He was the one Ga-bin left me for. Funny that she was left for a divorcee tho."

"Younger women doesn't always attract men."

"Are you having problem with Ami?"

"Ani. Shes just too different with Sa Pi-young. Divorce and remarrying were like the same. I have been living in agony."

"Same here."

The next day, Sa Pi-young visited Bu Hye-ryoung at the hospital. They told her the good news that they have received. Pan Sa-hyeon was ecstatic all the while he was talking about it. He can't let go of his wife's hand.

"Are you excited, Pan Sa-hyeon-ssi?" Pi-young asked.

"De. I can't believe that we are having a baby again." Sa-hyeon answered with big smile on his face.

"Sa-PDnim, gumawo." Hye-ryoung started. "You and jaggangnim had went out your way just for me yesterday. I'm sorry if we had bothered you two."

"Ani, we did it voluntarily. Besides, we can't just let you deal with it alone. We are with you that day." Pi-young turned to Sa-hyeon, "Do you mean what you said yesterday?"

Sa-hyeon looked at his wife before answering Pi-young's question, "De. Now that we are having a baby I can't just let this slide. They had put her in so much stress. What if something happens again with our baby? We didn't even noticed that she's pregnant." he said while playing with his wife's fingers.

"I didn't notice it too." Hye-ryoung agreed.

"You didn't experience any symptoms?" Pi-young asked.

"No. My period has been a little irregular since I had a miscarriage, so I didn't put much attention tl it when I am missing it." Pi-young nodded, "By the way, jaggangnjm, there's something that change with her." Sa-hyeon went out to take a phonecall.

"You noticed it too?"

"De."

"She has been getting eloquent since she starting the office."

"there was something about her that somehow can put you to silence. Was it because she was gaining more confidence?"

"I think so. She has been dealing with big people everyday. Somehow she needed to speak up and be confident about her decisions."

"I'm jealous."

"Ay, wae?"

"Jaggangnim has always been so down to earth. Her and Seo Ban-bujangnim have the same personality as time goes by. I bet you are noticing it too since you are living in the same house."

"Now that you mention it, yes. They have the similiraties we haven't seen whenwe are in the office. Maybe they are not holding back now since they are married." Hye-ryoung sighed, "Wae?"

"I'm just thinking, will pressing charges over Ami and Nam Ga-bin can give me peace?"

"What do you mean?"

"Thinking about what I have done, maybe I acted too childish and harsh."

"If you would ask me, it might looked like that, but we have different kind of way on picking up ourselves after we fall. Your way might have hurt those people who hurt you, but thats you copping with your wounds. Nobody can tell you what you did was wrong. They don't know what you have been thru. People judge you for what you did, but they won't apologize after they know the truth."

"Gumawo, Sa-PDnim."

"For what?"

"For always understanding me even how difficult I can be at times. Lee- jaggangnim too. She was always with me despite everything I have done."

Pi-young chuckles, "Si-eun unnie have always been forgiving. I can't be as half as she is."

"Me too. I can't endure that much."

"Next week is her last week at the office. She will stay at home again."

"Does she not want to work at her family's business? She has been deprived of it for so long."

"You know her. She doesn't indulge too much to material things."

"By the way, have you talk to Ami after what happened yesterday?"

"Ani. She must be too flustered."

At her office, Lee Si-eun was sorting out the papers when Choi Min-seok came in. He was just coming to work after going with Lee Seok-jin to the hospital for a check up.

"Oh, how's oppa's check up?" Si-eun asked immediately.

"The doctor said he is stable."

"That's great news. He will be able to go back to work."

"He can't."

"De?"

"He can't work yet."

"Wae? Didn't you say everything is stable now?"

"De, but the doctor does not recommend him to work yet."

"If his doctor was not recommending him to work yet, then there must be something wrong. What is it?"

"The chairman have aortic aneurysm."

"Mwo?" Lee Si-eun stood up from her seat after hearing it. She walked closer to Choi Min-seok to ask more, "Doesn't he need to get operated?"

"The chairman refused."

"Wae? Why would he refused that?"

"The doctor told him that its treatable and can be operated, but he doesn't want to undergo the procedure."

"What's his reason?"

"I don't know. He just blatantly refused it. He said drugs will be good enough. The doctor told him to stay away from stress until he hasn't made his mind yet."

Lee Si-eun called Seo Ban to tell him to not pick her up. She wanted to talk to her brother about its condition. Choi Min-seok drove for her to the Lee residence.

At the dinner table in Seo household, the kids were wondering where might their mother was.

"She was with your uncle now." Seo Ban said.

"Is there a problem?" Chairman Seo asked.

"Ani. She said they just have something to talk about. It might be about the business."

"Eomma looks so cool in her office attires everyday." Uram complimented his mother.

"You will dress up like that too when you grow up." their grandpa replied.

"Naega?"

"Are you still confuse of what you want when you grow up?"

"De. I want to be an engineer like appa, but I also want to be like Dong-ma jaguen-abeoji."

"Its just like your favorite foods keep piling on your list." Hyanggi said sarcastically and the family chuckled.

"Ah, Hyanggi-ah," the grandfather interrupted.

"De halabeoji?"

"Your part time job contract was finished this week, right?"

"De."

"Would you like to work on my office?"

Seo Ban looked at his daughter before answering on her behalf, "What would you need her there for?"

"Ah, my secretary is having a hard time these days. She is pregnant. I can't tell her to stop working, but I need someone to do things she couldn't run in the office. She can't go with me during meetings or outdoor schedules."

"That will be too much for Hyanggi. She is in college."

"She doesn't need to come everyday. She can give me her schedule so I can make amends."

"I think we better ask Hyanggi about her opinion first." Dong-ma said trying to put the building fire between his father and brother.

They looked at Hyanggi who was also looking at her father and grandfather. She took at sip on her glass and say, "I'll do it." she then pursed her lips thinking about what to say more. "Hm, I havent tried working in an office before. I think it would be a good experience. Like Uram said, whenever I am seeing eomma wearing those clothes and going to office like a real boss, I am admiring her more. Uram is right. Eomma looms really cool with those clothes. I just want to try it."

"You two really like hyungnim so much." Pi-young said. "Hyungnim (talking to Seo Ban) why not let her work in the office? Let her try it. Its abeonim she's going to work with."

"Are you sure about it?" Seo Ban confirming Hyanggi's decision.

"De, appa." Hyanggi answered respectfully.

"Your mom and I will talk about this."

At the Lee residence, the brother and sister were bickering at the dining table while Choi Min-seok was keep his thumb on his food minding his business.

"Do you really need to be this stubborn?" Si-eun said.

"Do you really need to be this persistent?" Lee Seok-jin replied. "We are in the dining table for dinner and all you are talking about is ths operation. We are having steak, you know."

"What it has got to do with it?"

"I made sure that everything to be served is to your liking since Min-seok told me that you're coming for dinner. Can you just enjoy the food?"

"How can we enjoy dinner like this? Do you even know that you are sick?"

"Aist, I don't care about it! Why do you have to keep saying that?"

"Are you mad?" Si-eun asked in disbelief.

Seok-jin looked at his sister and swallowed deep seeing how soft Si-eun's expression is, "I mean, can you just stop talking about that?" Min-seok was trying not to chuckle of how Seok-jin bow down to his sister.

Back at the Seo household, Jia and Uram were doing their homework while Pi-young was watching over them after she served the kids some snacks.

"Eomma, Hyanggi unni is really admirable." Pi-young smiled at her daughter and Uram was listening intently. "She is determine to finish her studies while gaining experience from working as part time employee. I want to do the same when I become a college student."

"Can you do that? There are a lot of things you need to do during college." Pi-young asked.

"I can. I want to try doing those things."

"Noona wants to experience how eomma managed to do what she has done during college." Uram joined in. "She admires eomma more than anyone else. Eomma is always our role model for a lot of things."

"You said you want to marry a woman like your mother."

"Then you will be a bachelor all your life." Hyanggi injected coming from their parents bedroom. "Eomma is a rare specie for a woman."

"I think Hyanggi is right about that." Pi-young agreed. "Ah, have you talked to hyungnim about the job? What did he said?"

"He said he doesn't want me to do it, but I said I want to. He was respecting my decision. We just have to take eomma's permission."

Lee Si-eun went home pass 9pm and she found the elders of the house were all in the living room when she went home. She greeted them and Seo Ban quickly welcomed him by taking her coat.

"I'm fine." She said before joining them at the living room.

"It seemed you had a very long discussion with your brother." Ban started.

"De. I think I have to attend and cater to his whims for a while. Choi Min-seok can't possibly hold him down."

"Something wrong unni?"

"His health went downward. The doctor had advised him to have the operation but he just wanted to do whatever he wishes."

"What do you mean by operation?" Chairman Seo asked.

After Lee Si-eun had explained what was happening into her side of the family, she had a conversation with Seo Ban. They were at the bed catching up about their day and works.

"Hyanggi said yes?" Si-eun asked after hearing that their daughter agreed to work with their grandfather.

"I dont want the kids to get involve in any affairs about his business." Seo Ban explained, "But its what Hyanggi had decided on her own. I don't want to sway her about it. I don't want her to think that i am guarding her too much."

Si-eun looks at her husband before holding his hand, "You are thinking too much. Hyanggi understands what you are trying to tell her. She might just be wishing to know about different things right now. We can't always protect her with the family affairs and businesses. She wanted to learn so lets give it to her. Trust her."

"I trust her. The people around her and the job is what I don't trust."

"I wonder how will you react if its Haneul making a decision like Hyanggi."

"It will be the same. I told you that you guys don't have to worry about money. I can make a living."

"Seo Ban-nim, you don't mean that the kids won't have to work?"

"I can work as long as I am alive. As long as its for you and the kids."

Si-eun chuckles before kissing her husband in the cheeks, "Stop spoiling us. I might retire too early."

"Then you are all mine then."

"De? Don't you know?"

"Mwo?"

"I all yours, Seo Ban-nim. You need not ask for me to retire."

Seo Ban smiles and kisses his wife's hand, "Lee Si-eun,"

"De?"

"Saranghaeyo."

"Saranghaeyo."

A/N: always used shift+enter if you are going to do or make a new paragraph... let the credits remain...just pm me for the code that is if you want to use this one...

layout by: mambokinoki