005

The arrangement

Everyone gathered around the dinner table Miyeon and Yuqi sat to either side of Shuhua. The cool brought the food out. "Thank you Mrs Kim" Echoed from the mouths of all of the usuals including Soojin and Soyeon. Followed soon by Yuqi and Minnie. The older woman smiled as she set the plates down. "No problem dears. I hope you enjoy what I've made for you tonight. Especially you." She looked at Shuhua fixing the girls napkin a bit on her shirt. She had taken a liking to the taiwanese girl immediately upon seeing her healthy appetite. Shuhua smiled brightly as a bigger plate was placed on front of her. "Wah you're to good to me!" The older woman chuckled. "Enjoy it well little wolf." She gave her the nickname because of her appetite. 

 

Everyone began to eat making small talk. "So you're from Thailand? I've heard a bit about it from Lisa but she was very young when she left." Miyeon asked Minnie intrigued. The tall woman smiled and nodded. "Well I only left a few years ago for university. I planned to go back but you know stuff happens." She looked at Yuqi lovingly. "My family owns a pretty big resort chain there. My older brothers Mic and Mac are due to take over soon. I think once that happens my parents will buy a vacation home here so they can split their time. I'm pretty excited that means they'll be able to attend our wedding if we can wait just a little longer." She looked at Yuqi who nodded. "I will wait for Mama and Papa Yontararak. It's not like to much will change when we get married anyway. I already love you the only difference will be that we have rings to prove it." She kissed Minnie's cheek. 

 

Miyeon smiled at the cute couple. "Well make sure to let me know when it is I'll send a gift." Shuhua pouted softly. "You could come with me. I'll need a date." She held Miyeons hand. Miyeon smiled sweetly at her and kissed her hand. "I would love to be your date but I wouldn't want to impose. I'm not exactly a low profile guest to have. On their wedding day I don't want to take attention away from them." Shuhua pouted. "I forgot half the country is in love with you. Korea's top five most beautiful heiress'. You and Rose are both very high on the list. I'm sure if they knew Minnie was here she'd be on it too." Minnie laughed. "Well I'm not exactly like most heiress' now am I? The wedding will be the first time since I've moved here that I've accepted money from my parents everything else has been me working." Miyeon smiled. "I took the job that was offered to me and the house was inherited from my grandma who basically raised me. I won't take anything else from my father though. He only cares about money and status. He's due to retire soon enough though." She took a sip of her drink. 

 

Shuhua held her hand a little tighter. Rose smiled. "Once he retires we'll be free to forget this little fake engagement and I will take Lisa and run far far away." Miyeon smiled. "You wouldn't really just the same as me you've got to many people depending on you." Rose stuck her tongue out at her. "Why do you feel the need to crush my dreams. I thought we were friends." Everyone laughed at the dramatic girl. 

 

Soon they had all finished the food and Mrs Kim was bringing in dessert. "I'm so full already you cook to well Mrs Kim." Soyeon whined softly as she looked at the cake placed in front of her. "Oh shush there's always room for cake just ask the little wolf." Mrs Kim smiled fondly at everyone. Miyeon called Mrs Kim over and whispered something to her. "Oh I couldn't." Miyeon tilted her head. "Please?" Mrs Kim sighed. "Fine fine. I've been told I work to hard and should go home early. So I guess this is goodnight. Nice to meet you all." She bowed to everyone. "Don't forget to take some cake home for the kids." Mrs Kim smiled. "You're to kind Miss Cho." Miyeon laughed softly. "I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good night." Shuhua watched with hearts in her eyes. Yuqi took notice of the look on her cousins face and sighed softly. Minnie leaned in and whispered. "So you saw it too? I think we shouldn't worry to much." Yuqi shoved a bite of cake in Minnie's mouth before pecking her lips. 

 

Everyone ate the cake happily. Shuhua finished quickly and tried to sneak a bite from Yuqi's plate but was almost impaled by a fork in the process. Rose followed suit attempting to get Miyeons. Miyeon moved her plate out of the way. "No ma'am. If anyone's getting my cake it's Shuhua." She took another bite then scooted it in front of said girl. Rose looked devastated. "What happened to our deal?" Shuhua happily dug into the cake. "We never actually had a deal I just never stopped you. But..." She cupped Shuhuas chin making her look at Rose. "This cutie here takes priority. Rules are rules she wants it its hers." Shuhua blushed her cheeks were puffed out from the cake shoved in them. Lisa held a bite up cake up to Rose. "Eat up pasta." Rose kissed her cheek. "I knew there was a reason I fell in love with you so fast." She said dramatically. 

 

Miyeon excused herself to do the dishes. As she finished getting the water ready someone came to stand beside her. She looked to see Shuhua carefully rolling her sleeves up. "You don't have to help I got this." Shuhua smiled. "I know I don't have to but I want to. You didn't have to do them either. But you're so kind you let Mrs Kim go home early. So I'm gonna take a page from your book and be helpful. And you can't stop me." She stuck her tongue out playfully at her. Miyeon crinkled her nose at her. "Fine you can dry and put them away." Shuhua nodded. "Aye aye captain." They began to work. 

 

Yuqi peeked in after a bit intending to say goodbye to her cousin before taking her leave. What she saw on the other side of the room made her freeze. Miyeon had Shuhua by the waist sitting on the counter. Shuhua's arms wrapped around the older womans neck holding her close as they kissed. "Yeh Shuhua!" Yuqi yelled in surprise. Shuhua and Miyeon separated looking embarrassed.