004

The arrangement

Yuqi stood in the middle of the huge living room with her arms crossed. Her brows were furrowed and her lips were in a pout. A tall blonde woman stood in front of her gently massaging between her eyebrows to make her stop with the angry look. "Honey..." Yuqi looked at her. "Minnie... She moved and got a rich girlfriend. She didn't say anything to us. What happened to sharing everything?" Minnie smiled cupping the smaller girls cheeks looking down into her big beautifully brown eyes. "Calm down honey we went out of the country without telling her didn't we?" Yuqi pouted more. "That's different we were gone for a week. And when I came to see her the apartment was empty. I was so scared something happened to her."  

 

Shuhua appeared carrying two mugs one with coffee the other with tea. "Careful it's very hot." Shuhua tried to cover the burn on her hand. Yuqi saw the burn and rolled her eyes. "Go put cream on that." Shuhua pouted. "It can wait it doesn't even hurt that bad anymore." Yuqi glared at her slightly younger cousin. Minnie took Yuqi's hand gently. "Shuhua~" She used her sweet voice. "Will you please go put cream on it first? It will get better faster." Shuhua looked at Minnie then at Yuqi. The smaller girl looked annoyed. But Shuhua knew that it was just her protective side. 

 

Shuhua's parents had died when she was young and she was essentially raised by the other girls parents. Because of this Yuqi had always protected her like a sister. "Fine I'll go Minnie unnie." She said as she looked Yuqi in the eye clearly not talking to Minnie. Shuhua got up from her seat and went to the bathroom to use the first aid kit. She applied the cream and put a big bandaid on it before returning to the living room. As soon as she sat down she looked at the time. She had two hours before Miyeon would be home. "So what do you want to know Woogs? I'll tell you everything." Yuqi sat up an indignant pout on her lips. "Where did you meet this woman?" Shuhua hummed. "Blind date set up by Soojin unnie." 

 

Yuqi asked many many questions. She wanted to be sure nothing fishy was happening. Minnie also chimed in with a few but left the more serious ones to the shorter girl. "So who all lives here?" Shuhua was dreading this question. She knew the moment Yuqi heard the word fiancee she wouldn't trust Miyeon. But she could never lie to Yuqi. "Well it's Miyeon unnie her fiancee Rose she's super nice and Rose's girlfriend slash assistant Lisa she's also very nice." As predicted Yuqi's eyes narrowed immediately. Minnie too looked shocked not sure how to calm down her hot head girlfriend this time. "You mean to tell me you're dating a woman who's engaged?!" Yuqi stood up causing Shuhua to stand to be level with her. "It's not like that I promise. They're engaged for status they don't love each other." Yuqi threw her hands up. "Still! She's gonna throw you away when they get married! She'll have to!" Shuhua crossed her arms. "No she won't she promised. And besides who said they'd actually get married? They could just keep saying they're to busy for a wedding!" Shuhua looked like there were tears in her eyes. "Shuhua come on lets go get your stuff you can't stay here." Shuhua shook her head adamantly. "Last week I was struggling to buy my own meals and now I'm here with someone taking care of me and I'm taking care of her! I don't see what's so wrong with that!" 

 

A woman with big eyes and red hair walked downstairs. "Shuhua what's this yelling about?" She looked at the two guests then at Shuhua as she got to her side. She threw a protective arm over the youngest and patted her back. Yuqi looked annoyed. "Oh come on I'm here cousin who are you?" She crossed her arms. "I'm Rose. One of the two owners of this house you're standing in. And I don't care who you are to her you don't get to come in here and make her cry all you want!" Rose used the flowy sleeve of her dress to wipe Shuhua's tears whispering to her. "Do you want me to make them leave? Are we keeping this a secret from Miyeon?" Shuhua shook her head. "J-just let me tell her... Thank you..." She hugged Rose. Everyone here had been so kind to her. She felt like she had a second family here. "You can go back to your office unnie I know you're busy." Rose nodded but looked at Yuqi speaking to Shuhua. "You know where to find me if you need me." Shuhua nodded. "Yes unnie thank you." Rose went back to her office. 

 

Minnie took a second to try and calm Yuqi down. Said girl also looked like she was gonna cry but she hated for anyone to see it. Even Minnie. "I'm sorry for yelling Shu. I'm just scared..." Shuhua looked at Yuqi immediately hugging her tightly. "I know but I promise everything will be fine. You know Soojin unnie wouldn't have let me do any of this if she didn't trust Miyeon." Yuqi nodded. "I suppose you're right. Save at least half of what she gives you every week just in case." She gave her a warning look. "What am I gonna spend it on? I don't have anything but a phone bill anymore. I did the grocery shopping the other day and she had Soojin unnie replace the money I spent." Yuqi nodded. "Well I guess we should-" 

 

The front door opened and in stepped Miyeon and Soojin. "Oh we have guests?" She looked at Shuhua with a worried look as she saw the tear stains. Soojin recognizing Yuqi of course immediately knew what happened. She went to Minnie. "Come on lets go make you a Thai friend." Minnie looked like an excited puppy. "A Thai friend!?" She eagerly followed Soojin who took her to Roses office where Lisa would undoubtedly be.

 

Miyeon went to Shuhuas side immediately looping her arm around Shuhua. "This is Yuqi?" She recognized the girl from the picture although her hair was now pink. "Yeah don't worry unnie she's just being overprotective again. We do this a lot she gets over protective I won't listen she gets mad Minnie the tall girl Soojin unnie kidnapped calms her down then we compromise and one of us buys us all McDonald's. Usually Minnie unnie." Yuqi nodded. "Minnie my own personal bomb diffusal expert." Shuhua nodded. Miyeon looked at Yuqi. "Well it's not McDonald's but I'll be happy to treat you and Minnie to dinner and get to know you. Anyone important to Shuhua is important to me." She smiled fondly at Shuhua. Yuqi seeing that knew there was something else in her eyes. Miyeon already had feelings for the younger girl. She nodded absentmindedly. "Great I'll have Soojin invite Soyeon over as well. It'll be fun." Shuhua smiled and nodded looking up at Miyeon with a very similar look the older had given her. 'Isn't this like reverse U-Haul?' She thought to herself. 

 

Minnie ran downstairs excitedly to Yuqi. "I made a friend!" Soojin walked down behind her a small smile on her face. "Soojin would you and Soyeon have dinner with us tonight? I'll have Mrs.Kim do it this time I promise I won't touch the stove." She crossed her heart with her finger. "Good last time I thought Soyeon was gonna die she threw up so much. My poor baby." She called Soyeon immediately.