003

The arrangement

Shuhua waited outside by the curb. Miyeon would be there any moment. She nervously straightened out the skirt. She puffed her cheeks huffing a bit. "Is this really the best dress?" She didn't feel like she'd dressed well enough. Suddenly a pastel green convertible pulled up beside her. The driver got out and hurried to the passenger side. "Miyeon unnie?" 

 

Miyeon laughed softly. "What you don't like it?" Shuhua was staring at it. "I've never seen such a bright car." Miyeon smiled. "Well what else did you expect? I had to pick up my stunning date in style." She opened the door for her. "I've gotten us some very exclusive reservations so we can't be late" Shuhua got in. "You didnt have to go through all this trouble for me Unnie." Miyeon climbed in her side. "It's no trouble at all." She started the car and waved to Soojin who was peeking out the window before driving off. 

 

"So where are we going?" Miyeon hummed. "Can't a girl give her sugar baby a surprise? How do you feel about going to London?" She joked. Shuhua widened her eyes. "Are we?" Miyeon laughed. "No no that's at least a fifth date thing don't you think?" Shuhua pouted. "Don't tease me. Where are you taking me?" Miyeon smiled and glanced at her. "We're going to that new five star restaurant. I have a table there reserved every Saturday for lunch for the next five years. Sometimes I send friend's sometimes I take friends sometimes it's investors. But this time and any other time you want it's ours. Maybe next time you could take that girl from the photo on your wall. With the curly hair your real girlfriend I'm assuming?" 

 

Shuhua furrowed her brows. "Yuqi? She's my cousin. She's in Thailand with her fiance. I'm single painfully so." Miyeon seemed pleased with the answer. "Good to know." Shuhua looked at her curiously. "What about you?" Miyeon hummed thoughtfully. "Well.. I don't exactly have all the time for dating. I frequently go on business trips. I work ridiculous hours... But I am engaged." Shuhua widened her eyes. "So y-you have a fiancee and you're over here spending money on me?! Won't she be mad?!" 

 

Miyeon parked and turned to Shuhua. "It's an arrangement. She doesn't love me. And I don't love her. She has a girlfriend as well some cute Thai girl." Shuhua stopped for a second. "As well? So you have a fiancee a girlfriend and a sugar baby?" Miyeon shook her head. "I didn't mean girlfriend specifically. I meant someone she spends time with when she's not busy. She's actually her assistant." 

 

Shuhua looked hesitant. "So she won't get mad at me?" Miyeon shook her head. "On the contrary she may thank you for getting me out of the house. She says I stay in to much." Shuhua nodded slowly. "I'm sorry to spring this on you just know it doesn't affect anything with us. I would still love to spend time with you. And to help you through your schooling if you'll let me." 

 

She took one of Shuhuas hands. "I promise you Yeh Shuhua. You're safe with me." Shuhua looked down at their hands taking in how well they fit together. She looked back up at Miyeons hopeful eyes and nodded slowly. "If you promise... I know Soojin unnie trusts you so I will too. Just don't keep something like that from me again." 

 

Miyeon got a cheeky smirk on her face. "Why? Were you jealous when you thought I wasn't available? Were you hoping to win me over? I told you before all you have to do is ask." She causing Shuhua to hit her arm lightly. "I'm telling Soojin unnie! She's very protective. She'll... Uhh... Schedule all your meetings back to back!" Miyeon laughed. "She already does that." Shuhua huffed. "Come on I'm hungry let's go." Miyeon faced forward again. "Yes ma'am." she held Shuhuas hand again and began to drive. 

 

As soon as they arrived Miyeon opened the door for Shuhua. She passed her keys to the valet and held her arm out to Shuhua. The younger woman blushed and placed her hand on the older womans bicep. "I think the air here is too expensive for me to even breath." Shuhua whispered mostly to herself. Miyeon chuckled. "You should get used to it. I plan to take you on many nice dates. I was even thinking we could go to my castle in Scotland and-" Shuhua stopped her. "You have a castle in Scotland?!" Miyeon nodded. "It was a dare mostly but I turned it into a bed and breakfast of sorts so it's paid off." Shuhua's jaw dropped. "Next you're gonna tell me you're iron man!?" Miyeon chuckled. "I'm not sure I'm smart enough for that."

 

They were sat at the table in the private area and given menus. Miyeon whispered to the waiter asking for a specific wine to start off with. Shuhua meanwhile was attempting to look at the menu without seeing the prices. From the look on her face Miyeon could tell she was failing. "Stop that. I'm paying remember? Order anything you'd like. You don't have to worry about price with me." Shuhua looked down sheepishly. "I'm just not used to it..." Miyeon reached forward and took her hand. "I understand. If you'd like I could choose for you?" Shuhua nodded and laced their fingers together feeling calmed by the gesture. 

 

The waiter came back with their wine and Miyeon ordered for them. Once he was gone Miyeon shifted her attention to Shuhua. "So. How did you sleep? I wanted to text you but I got a sudden business call." Shuhua pouted. "You left my apartment at like ten. Who on earth would call you at that time of night?!" Miyeon smiled softly. "American investors. We are several time zones ahead of them. So where it's late at night for us. It's early morning for them." 

 

Shuhua crossed her arms. "So you just don't sleep?" Miyeon smiled. "I got a good amount last night. A full five hours." Shuhua just stared at her. "Five hours? That's a good amount?! Miyeon Unnie you're gonna make yourself sick!" Miyeon raised an eyebrow. "How much do you sleep?" Shuhua rubbed her temple. "A nice healthy eight hours! Like everyone's supposed to." Miyeon nodded. "You could solve it by moving in with me and making sure I go to bed on time." She winked playfully. Shuhua rolled her eyes. "You're such a flirt." Miyeon smiled. "And you're such a cutie." 

 

Miyeon looked Shuhua in the eye. "But the offer is real. You can move in. I have a spare room a library a pool. Even a home theatre. Just say the word and I can have a key made and your stuff moved." Shuhua puffed her cheeks. "My apartment is kinda rundown..." Miyeon smiled. "Soojin and Soyeon are just waiting for their lease to run out then they'll be moving into the guest house. Well I suppose it won't be the guest house anymore." 

 

Shuhua hummed. "So I can come live with you and see Jin and Soyeon unnie all the time still?" Miyeon pouted. "Not even worried about if you'll see me? I'm hurt." Shuhua crinkled her nose cutely. "Of course I'll see you I gotta send you to bed and wake you up at a reasonable time." Miyeon smiled. "So is that a yes?" Shuhua nodded. "I have to take care of you so you don't get sick." Miyeon smiled wider. "Now you almost sound like real girlfriend. Rose will be happy to meet you." Shuhua tilted her head. "My financee. We don't have any feelings for each other but we are friends and she does live there. You will get along I promise." Shuhua nodded looking a little nervous.