don't wanna hear your thoughts.

the fall of the season.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soulmate.

Soulmate.

Soulmate.

A world where soulmates did exist, but some people are afraid to find their soulmates. Because they knew, one day, one of them would have to go and let go.

How would you know if the person is your soulmate? A timer on your wrist. It was like a ticking bomb that appears on the same day you will meet your soulmate.

But hell with that, the moment our eyes just met. It was the best thing that happened to me - she came into my life. Nevertheless, I know I do not care what will be my consequence.

I am preparing myself for what the fates will lead us to in our future.

I remember meeting her for the first time. It was at the seaside since I did run for some errands that night. A timer appeared on my wrist.

5

4

3

2

1

And there she was.

I stumbled upon her figure curled up at the corner. She was sobbing and so vulnerable. I felt my feet move towards her, and I did not stop myself. I let my instinct walk me behind her. Both my hands are sweating inside my pants pocket.

She felt my presence as she quickly wiped her tears.

Her face came to my view as she looked at me, stunned. I was, too, because I can see she was pretty even though the tear-stained is obvious.

This swirling feeling makes me feel fuzzy and warm. Hundreds of words would not be able to describe how I am feeling towards my soulmate, my muse. But I am willing to write more than a hundred poems for her like my life was on the line.

"I am sorry, you must have thought I am weird." Her slightly hoarse voice said. "I will leave soon."

"You're not weird," I said, making her stop moving to her place. "Crying doesn't make you weird. It's alright to cry. You can cry all you want. I'll be here to listen if you want to. Or I'll leave if you want to be alone."

She looked back at me. I can see her eyes sparkled. She felt it too, right? I'm her soulmate.

But what she needs right now is not a soulmate.

"...You can stay," I heard her whisper. "I can use some accompany, a stranger to listen. I prefer that."

I sat right next to her. Our eyes are on the horizon. For a moment, we were in silence, just feeling the cold breeze touching our skin. I am glad she did not push me away tonight.

Even though finding your soulmate in your vulnerable situation was overwhelming. For now, I am someone that stayed to listen.

She was telling her problems while I listened. She told me her worries and doubts about her dreams and how her father was against her being a model. He wanted her to co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter