eyes and fangs.

the fall of the season.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim Minjeong enjoys the atmosphere of the library as she reads the book she borrowed. Minjeong isn't fond of loud surroundings. Therefore, the library is a perfect spot for her.

 

"Kim Minjeong~" Minjeong didn't bother to answer the person who was calling her name.

 

"Minjeongie!" She felt her friend's fingertip poking her cheek. "Hey!"

 

Minjeong groans as she continues reading the book, not minding the person calling her name beside her. But her friend chooses to continue calling her.

 

"Kim Minjeong, Kim Minjeong, Kim Minjeong." She chants her name to catch her attention. Minjeong stops reading and looks at her. Her friend sits beside her comfortably while grinning. After all, she had finally gotten her attention.

 

Minjeong sighs, "What do you want, Ning Yizhuo?"

 

"That haunted mansion Ryunjin was telling us about earlier, can we go there?" Yizhuo asks. Minjeong swears that her younger friend's staring at her with pleading eyes that she knows she wouldn't be able to say no.

 

"Why don't you invite Aeri?"

 

"She's coming too, but I also want you to be there."

 

Kim Minjeong looks away, biting her lower lip. She's contemplating whether she will come with them or not. It's a haunted mansion. What if there's a ghost lady who would follow them home?

 

"I am not sure, Yizhuo."

 

"Come on. There won't be a ghost." Yizhuo tries to persuade her.

 

"Then why bother going there?"

 

"Ryu went there with her friends and bet on me that I couldn't go inside. And my pride won't allow such a thing. I must go there! I will go there!" Yizhuo explained with a determined tone before going back to her pleading eyes. "So, please? Join us, pretty please?"

 

Minjeong turns her head to her friend, which is her total mistake. Her friend's looking at her again with pleading eyes. Minjeong could only sigh in defeat. "Fine."

 

Yizhuo cheered in triumph as she hugged her in excitement. "Yes! Thank you, thank you!"

 

Minjeong's right hand went toward the latter's back, giving her a soft pat. "What time are we going there?"

 

"After dinner, Aeri and I will just fetch you later," Yizhuo said and pulled away from the hug. "I'll leave you now since I'll see Aeri first. Enjoy reading!"

 

"Yeah, yeah. Laters." Minjeong waves her hand as she watches her friend's figure disappear from her sight. She sighs again and continues to be engrossed by the book she is reading.

 

~~~

 

"Hey," Minjeong whispers to catch her friend's attention. "This is the right place, right?"

 

"Yeah,"

 

Yizhuo gulps as she stares at the huge mansion, located somewhere in the forest. It is not only huge but it is old too. The atmosphere is too quiet for her liking. They could even hear some owls hoot as if they were judging them with their eyes.

 

"Is it supposed to be this foggy?" Aeri whispers too. Yizhuo asks that same question to herself as soon as she notices that the mansion is surrounded by too much fogginess.

 

"I don't know," Yizhuo took her friends' arm to cling to her arms. She pulled the two with her inside. "Don't be scared, you two."

 

"If I see a ghost lady, I'll leave you here," Minjeong whispers. She lets her eyes roam around the mansion's entrance while being dragged by her friend. They abruptly halt in front of the huge doorway. The three feel intimidated by the sight of the main door.

 

"Let's enter?" Aeri asks. She watches Yizhuo slowly nod her head without looking at her. "You go first, then."

 

Yizhuo takes the initiative to step forward to check if the door is locked. She feels her friends' eyes watching her movements. When she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter