eyes and fangs. [2]

the fall of the season.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong turns her body to her right side without opening her eyes while clutching her blanket even closer to her body. She feels the wind blows against her skin. Before she fell asleep, Minjeong made sure she didn't leave the double glass doors open. So why does she feel the cold breeze of the wind? 

 

She is still sleepy, yet she tries to open her eyes to check if the doors are wide open. Her eyelids feel heavy that her eyes can't flutter open, but she somehow manages to see her balcony. Her vision is still blurry.

 

The double glass doors are indeed open, and even the curtains are being blown by the wind.

 

Minjeong shuts her eyes close when she realizes something. Her eyesight may be blurry, but she can't be mistaken. 

 

There's a woman on her balcony.

 

A woman standing on her balcony's railing as if she savors the feeling of the cold wind against her skin while staring at the sky.

 

Am I dreaming right now? She asks herself without opening her eyes.

 

'Come.'

 

Minjeong's breath hitched when she heard a woman's deep voice in her mind. She didn't even know why her eyes slowly opened while her body pulled up to leave the bed and walked towards her balcony. It was like her body was moving on its own.

 

Her body halted not too far away from the woman on her railings. Minjeong still feels like she is dreaming while facing the woman's back.

 

The woman slowly turns to her without getting off the railing. The way she stood there sent chills down her spine. She looks up at the woman, trying to see her face clearly. For the reason that her vision was blurry, she had failed to examine her face. Minjeong watched how the wind tousled her hair along the lower edge of the white dress. The woman gets off the railing and walks towards Minjeong. She wants to leave and run away from the person, but she can't move from her stand as if there's glue on her bare feet, making her stuck on the floor.

 

Minjeong screamed in her mind since she couldn't control her body, telling herself to move and run away when she saw those honey-golden eyes. This feels like she's dreaming, but at the same time, it feels like it isn't a dream. Hands wrapped around her, pulling her body closer to the woman. The woman hides her face to her neck. She feels her sniffing her for a second before feeling something wet brush against her skin.

'Did she just my neck?' Minjeong gasps.

"I have been waiting for you, darling." A deep voice whispers in her ears. The owner of those red eyes pulls away to caress her cheek softly. "Took you long enough, but who cares?"

 

"You're here now, after all. All mine to take." The woman dived into her neck again. Once again, she feels something against her skin. This time, it is something sharp. Pain shot through her body when she felt something penetrate her neck.

 

Fangs.

 

Minjeong finally found the strength to move her body. Her blood's being away by this woman. She feels her energy collapsing, and if this stays longer, she might die. Her hands found their way to the vampire's shoulders and tried to push her away.

"S..to.p." Her grip on the woman's shoulders tightened as her consciousness slowly decreased. Even her eyelids were closing. "Ple..ase."

The woman seems to hear her plead when she feels the fangs losing their grasp on her neck, it first before she faces the human. Minjeong collapsed on the woman's arms, whose arms wrapped around her. She felt her body being pulled up from the ground, but Minjeong felt too weak to move. She wasn't sure where the vampire would take her until she felt her body gently land on her soft mattress.

A hand caressed her face before completely shutting her eyes as darkness took her into a slumber.

~~~

Minjeong jolted from her deep slumber, panting. She immediately touches her neck.

"Was that a dream?" She asks herself.

She wants to believe it is a dream, but the pain of that woman's bite seems true.  

"It must be just a hallucination." Minjeong convinces herself. It could be a dream since the mansion was scary, and the thought of it followed her to her dream.

Minjeong went to her bathroom without paying attention to her surroundings. But she wonders what time it is since it's still dark in her room.

She checks herself in the mirror, specifically her neck. There's no sign of being bitten.

"Yeah, just a dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter