alley of our memories.

the fall of the season.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cold breeze of the wind hits Winter's skin as she walks straight to the alley of trees. Vivid memories start to gush in her mind as her eyes roamed around. She remembers the first time she met her first love. She was nine years old at that time.

An unexpected encounter with a kid, a year older than her, became one of her treasured memories. The said kid was lost, crying and looking for her mother. She was standing beside a tree, wiping her tears that showed not stopping anytime. Unfortunately, no one was there walking in the alley except Winter. Something tugged in her heart that time as she made her way toward the crying kid.

Winter remembers how her eyes glisten with tears, but as soon as their eyes meet, they brighten up in relief.

The name of the crying kid is Karina.

The one she held hands with when they were walking in the alley, alone together. The one whose name never leaves her head after they spent time together. The Karina, whom she looks forward to every spring vacation in the same alley.

"I will see you next spring, Win." The young Karina told her. Winter knows that she will definitely come back next spring.

Another spring came, Karina was there - waiting for her.

"You're here," The young Karina said as soon as she saw Winter. Winter began to love how Karina's eyes brighten up when she spotter her. The young Winter smiled and nodded her head. She noticed that Karina grew an inch taller.

"Of course, because you are here as well," they were both happy, interlocking their hands. They enjoyed walking at their own pace. Their walks were never filled with awkwardness but laughter and birds singing. Spring feels warm, like the warmth of Karina's hand.

Even after that, they didn't lose their communication. The childhood friends have found a way to continue interacting. It was through their mother's phone until they got their own.

The present Winter chuckled at their memories. She always looks forward to their little moments every spring. She knows Karina did look forward to it too.

Puppy love, Winter had thought.

There was no spring vacation that they stopped seeing each other. It became a tradition for the two. A good memory Winter had always treasured. After all, she doesn't mind holding her hand under the cherry blossom trees. She grows fond of the warmth of her hands. She doesn't mind getting lost in those warm gazes each time their eyes meet. She loves to look at her face turned to gold under the light of the sun.

Each spring, Winter noticed her changes. Karina grew beautifully. Hell, beauty is an understatement. Karina is a paragon of ethereal.

Karina is ethereal, which can be recognized easily - ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter