say my name.

the fall of the season.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Rustiness can be seen in the old telephone booth that I have found. I doubt that this will work properly, but trying won't harm me, right?

Like what the old lady had said to me earlier, "You might regret it if you don't give it a try, but you won't lose anything if you tried."

So here I am, in front of the telephone booth. The old lady had left me already and I am still here, thinking whether I should go inside.

But then, again, the old lady was right.

I have nothing to lose if I tried and maybe I'll regret it if I did not give this a chance.

Sighing, I went inside. I closed its rusty door that created a creaking sound. I questioned myself again before facing the payphone. This is it.

With a shaking hand, I grabbed the handset and brought it to my right ear. I dialed the numbers that I memorized long ago. Still memorized it now.

I longed to hear her voice.

I longed for her.

Am I hoping that this booth will work? I am. I'd be very disappointed if it won't work.

My heart was pounding hastily when the numbers that I entered finally rang.

Please, let her be the one who'll answer it, I pray.

For a few minutes the ringing stopped, I waited for the other one to talk. But my hope is dropping, when no one dared to talk.

Maybe, this isn't real.

Maybe, I was just a fool to believe it. After all, calling the number of a dead person is impossible. There's no way someone, more specifically - her - would answer it.

After all, how can you talk to a dead person?

My eyes started to tear up, not because I believed it, but because I pitied myself for considering it since I missed her so much. I miss my Yuji. I missed her to the point I was ready to believe impossible things happen.

But my heart began to pound again when I heard a small sigh from the other line.

Perhaps, it's her.

Perhaps, I still believe in the tiniest possibility that it will be her.

"You're wasting my time."

Her stern voice made my eyes let out the tears forming. Despite the sharp remark, it confirms that I am hearing my Yuji's voice.

Without any doubt, it's my Yuji.

"Are you, seriously, not going to talk?" She asked. "I have no time fooling around."

"..Hello." A hoarse tone came out from my lips. "...What da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter