supposed to be.

the fall of the season.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I glance at my surroundings as if I'm memorizing every corner of the house. As if I wasn't the one who designed this.

This house, I have stayed here for about two months before I finally decided to let it go.

There were plans we made for the future in this house. And one of them is to make this house feels like home. I chuckled bitterly at my thoughts.

The solace in this house is nowhere to be found in the rooms that hold memories but instead, it's in her arms. I looked at the picture frame in the corner. Despite living alone, I kept our picture frame to remind me of her. I held it carefully since it was so precious to me. I expressed a melancholy smile as I remembered the memories we shared.

It's about time to let you go, my love.

"Minjeong?" Yizhuo called me, and I quickly put down the frame. I intended to display it for a while. "The couple is outside. Are you sure you'll sell this house?"

This house wasn't rightfully mine. I'm just returning it to the original owner.

I nodded, biting my inner cheeks. "Yes."

I had to.

Yizhuo stared at me in concern as she released a sigh, "I'll let them in, then. Wait here."

I watched her figure disappear before heading to the living room to welcome the couple. My hands are shaking, so I put them inside my pockets. I'm really doing this, right?

This house used to be our dream - especially hers. We planned to live here once we got married. But then, when I built this, she wasn't with me anymore. No more her with me. The plans we made, we didn't fulfill them. The only thing that came true was that I fulfilled constructing this house, but now, I'm handing it over to someone. I spent money just to build this, I know. I would go beyond this for her.

"Minjeong, they're here." Yizhuo came in, and the couple was behind her. I tried to force out a friendly smile at the couple.

"Architect Minjeong," The buyer greeted me. She lent her hand to mine, which I accepted, "I'm Ryujin Shin."

"And this is my lovely fiancee," She gestured to the stunned lady beside her, "Jimin Yoo."

Our eyes met.

Her eyes that caught my attention when we first met.

How painful it is to meet her gaze after everything. Those gazes that used to look at me like she could give up everything. Those gazes that I fell in love with.

"Hello. Ms. Ryujin and," I paused to look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter