one blue rose.

the fall of the season.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong stepped inside the palace with a shaky feeling. She is overwhelmed by the presence of the people who greeted one another, plastering their most beautiful smiles (some are the fakest). Everyone wears their most glamorous attire, especially men, in hopes to be noticed by the royalties to be a candidate for the next throne - betrothed to the crowned princess.

Jimin Yoo - a paragon of beauty and brain. She, as well, excels in bow and arrows. She is everything that everyone could ask for. The princess is beloved by the people. People would truly die for her. Willingly. Without a doubt. In just a snap.

Minjeong is not an exception.

Jimin is the definition of perfection.

No one can ever top against her beautiful. Jimin is ethereal.

A commoner like her, she wanted to give what the princess deserved. Gold and diamonds, you name it. The princess deserves everything in this world.

But she can't give her that.

She can't be the one to give her that.

After all, she is just a commoner.

Her lover is a princess, the soon successor of the throne of being a queen. How can a mere commoner like her fit to be by the princess's side?

With a heavy heart, the commoner went to the corner. The corner of the great hall where she thinks she belongs. She avoids everyone like the plague. Blending in people with titles does not suit a commoner like her. I wasn't supposed to be here in the first place, she thought. No eyes could stare at her. To be hidden in their pair of eyes is what she wanted.

The event started as soon as the royal family entered the great hall. Next to the king is the queen, attaching her arm to his. Behind their backs are their only princess, surrounded by her ladies-in-waiting.

Without a doubt, Jimin is the most stunning she has ever seen. She is undeniably mesmerizing. The crowd gasped in awe at the sight of the crowned princess. They are already expecting her to be the most beautiful, yet she exceeds the word 'most beautiful.' She is more than that. No words could ever describe how perfect she is, not only tonight but every single day. She conquers everyone's heart just by her sight.

Jimin is dazzling in a bright blue hue dress. That's what Minjeong thought. She knows people are not blind not to see that. Jimin is beautiful in every shade of hue, but nothing can compare to how she stand-out the most in her favorite color. She is beyond ethereal.

Jimin looks at the corner of the room until her eyes gaze on a specific person. She lets out a small smile, but relief appears in her eyes. Her eyes never leave Minjeong's eyes as if they are the only ones in the great hall. They both don't care about how other people's eyes gawk at them, what matters is their eyes meeting each other.

They looked away when Jimin reached the front. It is where the location of their thrones. In the middle throne, the King stood in front of his seat. He looked back at their guests. The queen took the throne on the right side. Lastly, the princess took the left side.

"Ladies and gentlemen," the King started his speech, but Minjeong couldn't care less. Her attention went back to the princess, who was already looking at her. Her heart skipped a bit. To be under her gaze could make her knees tremble. Still the same effect, just like the first time they met.

Funny how they met, Minjeong snuck into their garden to take a blue rose for her mother. The young princess was there, drinking her tea peacefully. But when she saw Minjeong, she wasn't surprised. Instead, she gave her a small smile and offered her a cup of tea.

Minjeong thought that time, 'The princess was kind... and undeniably pretty.'

That was the first time she felt her knees trembling.

She got back to their home, with a wide smile and a blue rose. (Which she never gave to her mother since the blue rose reminded her of the princess.)

Minjeong snapped back to her reality when the crowd applauded. The king had finished his speech. She didn't listen, but she knew the context of the speech he delivered. The potential suitors began to line up, holding their gifts to impress the monarchs. The king will choose suitors for the princess despite the princess's choice. Minjeong remembered what her lover had asked the last time they met when Jimin mentioned her father looking for her suitors.

"Will you be brave for me?"

Minjeong knew what Jimin meant by that. But her insecurities, of her not giving what her lover deserved. Minjeong doesn't know anymore.

"It's alright if you can't. I'm not rushing you because I promise that I'll wait for you." Jimin said with her warm gaze when Minjeong didn't answer her question. The princess doesn't mind waiting - as long as it is Minjeong, her Jeongie.

She held her lover's shaky hands. "Jeongie, I'm here for you. Always."

Jimin deserves everything in this world.

Minjeong had noticed the nobles whispering to each other. They had become curious about why the princess was looking at Minjeong. The attention she got was already suffocating for her.

Minjeong decided to turn her back and went outside for a quick breather.

Her feet brought her to the garden, which held the memories of her sneaking in. She had, as well, noticed the new flowers grew beautifully. After all, she helped the princess plant it. (She still sneaked in secrecy.)

The garden is magical, especially at night. The fireflies and butterflies are fly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter