Chapter 4

Steps to your heart [BaekhyunxOC]

Here Jaein was, sitting behind the lecturer's desk and writing furiously about the first minutes of the meeting that she was in but completely clueless about.  There were so many unfamiliar words like setlist, stageplot, jam-session and so much more that made her brain hurt. Jaein felt more than defeated. Just a rest after class had now made her busier with this concert that she had zero interest in. The only reason she said yes was because of the co-curriculum points that these people promised to provide yearly. Since co-curriculum points are one of the things that her course academic included, she thought since the opportunity is already there, why not take it so she can skip the club hunting on the second week? 

"Halo?" the brown-haired boy waved in front of her face. "Are you listening? This is I-M-P-O-R-T-A-N-T, we need to document everything down to make EXO legendary in Kyung Hee." he then folded his arm and gave her a look that Jaein did not appreciate.

"Baek cut her some slack, she doesn't look like she understands much about this. Plus, you were the one that specified secretary to be her." a slightly smaller figure beside him spoke with a reprimanding tone. Jaein looked at the slightly petite guy who had his glasses on and gave him a respectful bow. "But Kyung soo, this is big and we can't just relax on day one." the brown-haired boy replied with his voice raised. "We've been waiting for this since the first day we got together!" Another tall guy beside the petite glass-wearing guys cut into the conversation, "Baek, things take time, we are not slacking, all of us are just beginning to pick up, we all will manage. Chill bro." The 180cm patted the brown-haired guy's back. At this point, Jaein could identify this brown-haired guy as Baek. She had not even uttered a single word, things were already getting slightly out of hand. Jaein then collected her courage and spoke for the first time. 

"I'll manage...just give me some time. Also, can you guys at least let me know your names? I'm...a bit lost." The class now only left the boys, and all the other committees had left. Somehow all of them stopped and looked at her in disbelief. It was dead silence which caused her heart to contract slightly about what was wrong asking the question when did you first meet somebody anyway? 

"Baekhyun, I think you got the right person. She'll do perfect work." The petite guy with glasses on was the first to speak and nudge the brown-haired boy, who now she should call Baekhyun. The frowning Baekhyun had a lopsided smile slowly forming into a beam. They knew if they worked with someone who had zero interest in them, nothing would be biased and they believed that things would be more productive and organized and they'd save all the unneeded drama. it's only about getting good work done.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kyungsoo. This is Chanyeol" he tapped on the 180cm giant who was standing beside him. He then points at the innocent-looking guy who looks like he's frowning 24 hours a day "This is Chen" who waves to Jaein. "This is Baekhyun, who's a bastard by heart." Kyungsoo nudged his head toward the brown-haired guy who was standing in front of Jaein. Baekhyun glared back at Kyungsoo but Kyungsoo just laughed it off. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A month passed-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been a hectic month, with all the paperwork that needs to be done so that they can build a 'modern musical' club that had never existed previously. Jaein got more hang of it for the past month. She now is more familiar with the terms they are using, making minutes and documenting all things necessary, apart from that her friendship with EXO escalated too. They are just a bunch of boys who have a dream of performing, and who love music and want to share the beauty of it, simple as that. 

"Hey two-faced octopus, can you stop scratching your hair? You look like you haven't washed your hair for days." Baekhyun threw an eraser at Jaein who looked like someone wanted to tear the paper she was working on. 

"Shut up Byun bull, I'm trying to make your dream come true. I'm pretty sure you'll lose all purpose in life without me." Jaein crumbled the paper in front of her and threw it back to Baekhyun, who dodged it overarchingly. 

"Just write it simply like 'Dear Principle, please approve our club. We love you three thousand XOXO', I bet he'll approve in no time." Baekhyun picked up the crumbled paper that was thrown to him, looking at the complicated words Jaein used in the formal letter to make sure the club was accepted. 

"I think I'll go with 'Byun Baekhyun, can you just vanish now so I can have a peaceful life?'" Jaein rolled her eyes and continued to grab a fistful of her hair to think of proper information to add to the letter to make sure the paperwork was approved with just one try and save her more work. 

"Can't you both just talk properly once? Why are you guys on each other's throat anyway?" Junmyeon aka Suho the leader asked.

"He started first!" "She started first!"  both Jaein and Baekhyun pointed at each other and complained to Suho, but Suho just shook her head at both of them. 

"Both of you better finish the paperwork by today, we are behind our paperwork approval schedule," Suho mentioned to both of them about the approval was taking too long because Baekhyun was the one who wanted to help out but ended up dragging everything and making excuses when Suho asked about the paperwork progress. 

"I have dinner with a senior at five, you both better work this out soon." Suho is reminded like a mom reminding her kid to finish school work before bedtime causing Jaein to glare at Baekhyun but he just stuck his tongue out at her back. Jaein showed her fist to him and lowered her head again, elbow on the table, and massaged her temple with two fingers.

As soon as Suho left the classroom that they randomly found that was empty, Baekhyun dragged his chair and moved to sit beside Jaein. He comfortably rests his elbow on the table with his face on his palm, already used to the close contact due to the small table. His close proximity was something Jaein was still getting used to so she turned her head sideways, planning to check on what he was planning to do so that she could move to the edge. Instead, was met with his sparkling eyes and his signature playful smile. Her tummy had this weird feeling of uncomfortableness but not knowing what was it. Instead of backing away, she stayed in her position and squinted her eyes at Baekhyun. 

"What do you way Byun?" Jaein asked with her strong gaze. Baekhyun did not reply instantly but looked away and reached out his hand to get a strand of her hair that was falling out of her low ponytail. His action was so smooth and calm with a soft smile on his face. He then fixated his gaze again with hers who was watching intently with a slight shock in her eyes. 

"You..." Baekhyun moved even closer to Jaein and smiled.

 

HOLY TTTTTTTTTTTT, I was waiting to write this for centuries!!! Finally, after a few chapters only came this! More to come my lovelies, feel free to comment and let me know what you think <3 it's already nearing 3am, and I'm typing so fast that I can't even stop myself ahahhaha