Chapter 11

Steps to your heart [BaekhyunxOC]

Just as the tattoo guy's hand was about to reach Jaein's waist, Jaein felt a hot breath come from behind and her hair stood up. "Sorry, my friend but she's with me- us tonight." Jaein knew more than enough about who was as Baekhyun extended and placed his hand on her arm to pull her back and closer to his chest." The tattoo guy's hand was left hanging. Just in a brief few seconds, the tattoo guy raised his hand in surrender, "I already got her permission but I guess I didn't get yours. Or maybe, I don't need his anyway?" The tattoo guy didn't sound angry but he turned to look into Jaein's eyes for confirmation, completely ignoring Bakehyun. Jaein could feel Baekhyun's body stiffen. Jaein read the situation quickly and replied, "Sorry, He is um-" Jaein bowed as she turned around to look at Baekhyun, who raised his eyebrows like him questioning her in silence then back at the tattoo guy in front of her  "-Um, a friend. He is my friend, Baekhyun - yeah, a friend." The tattoo guy in front of her nodded, put his hand behind his back turned to finally look at Baekhyun straight in the eye, and replied with a smile, "Jeon Jungkook. My bad, I'm just trying to know your friend." He said it with such sincerity while then again turned and looked into Jaein's eyes. 

Sensing the awkwardness of the situation, Jaein wanted to just hide and run away even though she was having a good time with the new guy. "I'm Yoo Jaein, great to know you. Would be great to meet again if we can, thank you for having fun with me!" Jaein quickly backed off without hesitation while she grabbed Baekhyun's hands and walked toward the crowd so she could be out of sight without direction. "I'll make it happen if you let me?" Jungkook raised his voice and replied Jaein before she ran out of earshot, with an evident smirk in his voice. Baekhyun tasted a tinge of bitterness in his throat all of a sudden. On the other hand, Jaein kept moving forward until she felt a tug from the hand she was grabbing that made her turn around. The second song 'Perfect' came out and many fangirls started screaming again. Jaein was still finding her balance as she turned around but without alarm, a guy stepped back and pushed Jaein causing her to fall towards Baekhyun. Without hesitating, he caught her in his arms.

"I remember the day, Even wrote down the date, that I fell for you"

"And now it's crossed out in red But I still can't forget if I wanted to"

"And it drives me insane Think I'm hearing your name, everywhere I go"

Jaein tilted her head and saw Baekhyun who was already staring at her. Quickly she wanted to move a step back but because the crowd was getting thicker, she couldn't even move an inch. As the melody played softly in the air, Bakehyun laughed with his shoulder shaking and asked, "Guess you're stuck with me now?" Jaein rolled her eyes and slapped him softly in his strong arms.

"Might as well as enjoy ourselves?" Bakehyun quirked his eyes brown as he went to take Jaein's hand to place around his neck. As much as Jaein wanted to say no, she knew they couldn't run away as there were people around them. Looking at how Jaein didn't pull her hand away, Baekhyun then continued, " Can I...?" There was evident shock on her face to hear Baekhyun ask the question. Redness slowly crawled from her neck to her ears and Jaein was too stunned to even react but turned her head to the side as Baekhyun enjoyed seeing her growing embarrassed. He laughed as he couldn't help but glided his fingers over her temples as soft as he could while he bit his lips to stop himself from laughing at her. She saw every action he did and her stomach was feeling so many emotions with Bakehyun being so intimidating towards her.

Not expecting what he would do next, Baekhyuncame closer stuck his forehead to her temples, and whispered, "Just this time, please?"

Who could ever resist his hot breath now so close to her, his voice dripping with honey? With him so close she lost all her ability to think and nodded, not minding the consequences of how hard she would fall over again for this guy who had changed her. The moment she nodded, Baekhyun extended his hand and slowly placed it on her waist, at the same time pulling her closer until their leg touched, chests just a few centimeters apart. The proximity made Jaein tilt up her head and her heart nearly exploded. Her eyes glided over his perfectly angled brows, moving down to his brown puppy eyes to his cute nose with a mole on the bridge of his nose  and his pink pulp lips that were slightly open. Baekhyun eyes moved the same as Jaein's across her face and landed on her lips. Both of them stayed the same until the chores went.

"I'm the first to say that I'm not perfect. And you're the first to say you want the best thing" 

"But now I know a perfect way to let you go. Give my last hello, hope it's worth it. Here's your perfect"

Baekhyun was running out of breath for some reason and he was not sure why but only lowered his head with Jaein nowhere to escape but to look at him crossed eyes until their nose touched, he whispered, "Stop staring, I can't promise what I'll do to you Jae." Baekhyun was startled by his own words. Jaein open and then closed it again and quickly lowered her head so that she was now directly facing Baekhyun's strong chest instead of his face. He could feel the collar of his t-shirt tighten, and Jaein's ragged breath, "Just so you know, I want to run away as far as I can from you, I hope you know that." Baekhyun eyes widen and laugh.

"Why?"

"Because you stole my-" Jaein stop abruptly and in a deep breath. 

"I didn't steal anything from you, did I?" Baekhyun questioned again without waiting for her to finish. 

"You stole- you stole my future, possible boyfriend. That guy was nice, I might consider him as a potential boyfriend." Jaein looked up at Baekhyun with a joking provocation but all he felt was his heart dropping upon hearing what Jaein said. He quickly pulled himself away. 

"The curly-haired guy with tattoo all over his arm? You're kidding me, he looks like an eternal boy, don't go anywhere near him!" Baekhyun's voice was a few notes high. 

"You don't even know him! How could you already judge him by how he looks?" Jaein protested. 

"Look at him, he has tattoos and piercings all over him, he's probably have tons of girl who want to take him home!" Baekhyun whined.

"Well, that probably includes me, he looks like someone who I can enjoy with." Jaein was shocked by her own words but said it anyway. 

"Yoo Jaein! No, I will not allow you to do that!" Baekhyun argued instantly. 

"Who are you to care? As my FRIEND? We're not even that close I believe?" Jaein was embarrassed like a kid being scolded by her older brother/sister. Baekhyun looked furious when the words came out and Jaein instantly felt a big hand cupped behind her neck directing forcefully and his hand wrapping her waist fully to face Baekhun who was looking at her intensely.

"Say that one more time, I'll make you and me more than friends,"  Baekhyun said with his teeth gritted. 

"Make me then?" Baekhyun's eyes widened, "You will never, because you said I will never be enough for you." Jaein frowned as she spoke and her eyes slowly filled with tears. 

Those words caught Baekhyun off guard and caused him to loosen his grip. Baekhyun knew it would never be the same as the old Jaein who was pure and true to him went they first were best friends. She has changed because of what he had said to her a year ago and she had those painful words carved into her heart without him realizing. Baekhyun let go of her and lowered his hands. Immediately, Jaein turned away wanting to leave Baekhyun as far as she could because her heart couldn't take it. She couldn't let him hurt her again. 

From the ride on the train to the end of the song, Baekhyun has once again barged into her heart without warning. Every day she looked at him, it reminded those hurtful words but she couldn't tear her eyes away from his smile, his playfulness, his sweet eyes, just him. The short trip to the music festival broke her last wall and she knew, she had fallen hard for the boy. All over again, and the one year didn't make her forget him. He became her purpose of becoming better but she knew, she would never make it by his side. Now she knew what her brain was telling her, she wanted to run away and stop herself from falling into his trap again so she could protect herself from hearing those harsh words, to remind herself she did not deserve him.

After just a few steps she pushed herself away from him and into the crowd, someone held her hand to stop her. 

"At least, let me bring you back you the boys? You'll get lost." Baekhyun chased up and intertwined his hand with hers. Her heart combusted again. Maybe just this time, she'll let him hold her as comfort or a sign of sorry. 

Everyone enjoyed the music festival, including Jaein but not entirely. Baekhyhun strayed away from Jaein the whole way back but kept close to her somehow. 

What could go wrong with falling over again for him, Jaein? She thought as she looked at the boy in front of her holding her hands. Probably get her heart broken again then. 

 

Lovelies, let me just take a breath to appreciate this 'falling for him again' chapter, I can feel the pain and yet the happiness of Jaein's because hearts are meant to be broken anyway? WHY NOT TWICE HAHAHAH

Sorry it's a bit short for this chapter but I'm tired as hell and I want this chapter to end, I promise will make it better for the next chapter! 

Comment below and let me know how you feel about the chapter! <3