Chapter 2

Steps to your heart [BaekhyunxOC]

Baekhyun rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands after countless rounds of racing he had played for the past 3 hours but still didn't manage to win first place after such a long game. ''Damn it!" he cursed lightly nudging the gaming car wheel in front of him. His perseverance toward winning games was no joke and he can definitely sit there for days trying to beat anyone's to rank first in games. At least, there was that one thing that he was most confident in. Baekhyun tried digging in his pocket for more coins to put in the machine but only managed to pull his pocket inside out with nothing left.

"Beak, enough of beating Jungkook's first-place , he's been beating you in every new record you made bruh!" Chanyeol patted his shoulder and snickered. 

"Guess I'm just too tired today because of all the practicing this morning" Baekhyun shrugged off Chnayeol's hand and thought that maybe today he was not in the condition to win. 

It was nearing midnight and all of the EXO bid their goodbyes as tomorrow they'll have to start their new semester in 2nd year and officially become Sunbaenim. All of them parted ways and now left Baekhyun walking towards his home alone again. Hongdae Street which was bustling with noise and liveliness died down to the sound of vendors collecting their gear and items. Also, youngsters around his age ( This Baekhyun is 20 years old, ahahaha, IKR our kyungie just turned 30 a few days ago :') ) skate their skateboards and occasionally curse like amateurs, some even smoke together in small gangs. The air was clearly cooler than before due to fewer people in the streets, causing Baekhyun to stick his hands into his pocket to break the wind from freezing his hand. He lowered the cap on his head and walked faster in the hope of reaching his warm bed sooner. 

Just when he planned to speed up his pace, a loud voice was heard near a restaurant that was seated with one last table of customers or can be said a bunch of drunk ahjussi. Oh, that disgusting Tteok-bokki shop, Baekhyun recalled the incident being chased out by the shop owner before meeting his friends. "Darling, how can you even see when you are standing sooooo far away sweetheart?" One of the bald drunk men spoke with a loud voice while making a gesture to usher the girl with a ponytail to go closer and continued "I swear there is a--a-- string of hair in my Jjajangmyeon! Come closer and look, little one!"  Woah that sounded downright erted Baekhyun lowered his head again after peaking under his already-covered eyes by the hat he was wearing. "C'mon! I won't be enjoying my Jjajangmyeon if there is no such pretty lady sitting beside me!" another drunk man from the same table with an ugly scar slashed across his eyes commented and ended with a sluggish laugh. "Come sit with me since everyone is now gone, my love!" The third man sitting together, with his faded blonde hair and a huge bald patch on top of his head, spitting everywhere when he spoke loudly towards the girl. 

Turns out 'finding hair in their Jjajangmyeon' was just their type of pick-up line to ask for the waiter's attention. Old peeps. Ugh. Baekhyun was not in the mood to show any interest in the event, he just wanted to lay on his bed badly. Just before Baekhyun took another step forward, the sound of chairs screeching on the floor was heard followed by a shriek from a girl. The ear-piercing sound caused Baekhyun to whip his head in the direction by reflex. The sight he was looking at was a girl who was being pulled by the bald men by force to go over to their table. While the girl squealed and struggled, the man never lost his grip and pushed the girl to sit on his chair instead. Baekhyuns eyes widened like a dinosaur at the sight and in a breath when he notice, the petite girl looked dangerously like the same girl that had given him the dumplings. 

This is stupid, why am I doing this? Baekhyun cursed lowly. Without even thinking twice, Baekhyun rushed to the girl as fast as he could. Before he knew what he was doing, he pushed the ahjusshi away with his shoulder with some force and landed his arms protectively across the girl's shoulder. The sudden closeness and touch caused the girl to jump up from her chair like a cat and push Baekhyun's hands away roughly.

"GO AWAY YOU STUP---"  the girl whipped her head and slapped away the hand she felt so close to her body with disgust and stopped the moment she saw the young boy in front of her. Her eyes were equally wide as Baekhyun's when he knew it was her before he ran into the store without using a single brain cell in his head to think.  "What are yo- mfffpttttt" A hand once again covered when she was about to scream-shout towards Baekhyun. The girl uses both her hands to try and pull away from her covered mouth with her hands but damn, Baekhyun was strong like an adhesive UHU gum and wouldn't even budge. Baekhyun wanted to try to convey his message and tell the poor girl not to worry by widening his eyes and side-eyed to the left where the ahjusshi was standing. The girl stopped struggling and squinted into his eyes, also, trying to understand what the hell the boy in front of him was doing. 

Once Baekhyun felt the girl was no longer tearing his palm away from , he relaxed and stood tall in front of all the drunk ahjusshi. "Leave this girl alone all of you drunk and stinky punks!" Baekhyun pushed the ahjusshi's chest with a thump causing the mand to stumble backward. He then hugged the girl's small waist towards his body. He could feel the petite girl beside her stiffen for a millisecond before she pushed herself away from the heat that was radiating from Baekhyun's body. Damn, he has never been so intimidated by a girl before, but why now? The girl stared at him again, but this time, with a very confused expression on her face. 

"What are you doing!? They are my uncles!" upon hearing those words, Baekhyun's jaw dropped to the floor and blankly stared back at the girl. But between the confusion, the familiar loud shout was heard nearing Baekhyun's direction. The shop owner's voice, .

"YOUNG MAN PUT AWAY YOUR DIRTY HAND AWAY FROM HER!!" the owner sounded furious and this time, there was a broom in his hands. 

"GET LOST!!!" the owner shouted and chased over to Baekhyun. With the last glace towards the petite girl beside her, Baekhyun fled. Maybe away from this shop forever. 

 

My lovelies, first of all, thank you for the comments and for reading my very amateur work T.T   

Never had I thought that I'd be receiving your comments, and I literally screamed when I saw the comments, I can't thank you enough, and I hope you can feel my love towards y'all <3

Anyways, our baby Baekhyunie is now officially 30!!!  and I was so happy that he always found a way to express his love for us and keeps mentioning how he misses us even just through words <3 So how did y'all spend your day during his birthday? Comment below and let me know! I was with my family cuz they came to visit me and we spent suchhhhhh a great family time together! 

I'll try to update every weekend and I promise I'll make the story better over time! Love y'all and stay healthy, stay happy, and stay safe!!