Chapter 13

Steps to your heart [BaekhyunxOC]

Jaein is now sweating like crazy already sitting in the dance studio after everyone left and monitoring the dance video that Kai personally took for her so she could train whenever Kai was not around.

Somehow Kai didn't get to find a dancer for the dance duet yet who was suitable for his song, so Jaein being the only female in the group, had to become Kai's "assistant" to help him practice while they recruited for dancers and find real dancers. It requires more than just a flexible but a good body to become Kai's dancer. It was tiring for Jaein but she would practice till late in order to reach Kai's standard. Jaein only agreed because Kai had bugged her almost every day from the moment she stepped into the university compound until she left and she had no choice but to say yes. Occasionally, she would stay back after meetings and watch the EXO boys choreograph new moves, but most of the time she would become a videographer. Because of how amateur she was, she was too shy to train in front of every member and would request for Kai to stay back to choreography or train herself after everyone left. 

Weeks and months went by, she got better but still not to Kai's standard. Ather training went by and Jaein decided to stay back as she didn't have morning class the next day. Kai was already at the 3rd part of a y song that Kai was a pro at. She knew what problem she had, which was a lack of emotions and smoother body movement that Kai commented the same almost every time they trained so she stayed back for some power training. Just as she was halfway through learning the body wave that Kai taught her, the studio door opened. Making her stop in place. Baekhyun's head pops up into the studio. 

"You scared the hell out of me Byun Tae" Jaein stopped what she was doing as she turned and faced Baekhyun, " I didn't know you have any extra training?" After the hug in the classroom, their relationship became more relaxed. Jaein knew she would still try to minimize the interaction with him but she wanted to be as normal as she could to every member of the team too. So she was good at hiding her feelings now. "I didn't know you'd stay back too and the studio is occupied or else I might sleep in my bed now Jae." Bakehyun walked in with packs of junk food and surprisingly bottle of beer in his hands. Jaein watches him suspiciously. 

"Don't tell me you're here to snack and make out with girls, what's with the snacks if you're training?" Jaein questioned. 

"Yah, what do you think of me, Suho hyung asked me to refill these just now so I just went and bought them before coming back," Baekhyun explained himself. "What are you training anyway?" he continued and asked. 

"Kai has been more than unsatisfied with my body movement and I don't have much time to practice. Am I that stiff?" Jaein frowned as she could already hear Kai telling the same thing a thousand times. A stifled laugh came out of Baekhyun's mouth when he heard Jae whine. "Yah, I ask for help instead of you laughing at me Byun Byul ." Jaein chased Baekhyun and gave him a slap on his arm. He burst with a louder laugh when Jaein caught him at the corner of the room without any space for him to escape. After acting like he surrendered, he grabbed Jaein by her wrist and pulled her in the middle of the studio. 

"C'mon, tell me what's the problem? I'll see what I can help." Baekhyun who was still smiling turned a tad bit serious as she wanted to help her out. 

Jaein then slowly got into the business and explained and showed Baekhyun where Kai commented. Compared to Kai's intense class, Baekhun's private class seemed to be working and made her more relaxed and easier to keep up. Baekhyun would guide her movement and sometimes go near to hear to guide her knees, and how she should place her hips and shoulders to make the movement more smooth. 

"You have to drop your roll your shoulder down from the back to the front like this and breathe in to pull up your chest." Baekhyun explained and showed her the rolling movement," Then only you push in your belly here and let your body relax to make the body wave. See? " Baekhyun made a whole body roll movement. Jaein tried but failed horribly as she couldn't really see what he meant because he was wearing a loose white t-shirt. Baekhyun then understood her getting lost and simply pulled up his shirt to show the body roll again. His abs are slightly glistening with sweat and the perfect toneed waist took Jaein's away, it was illegal. Jaein gulped as she tried to concentrate and avoid looking. Only after a few tries Jaein started to gauge but still looked stiff. Baekhyun noticed her staring and getting started being jumpy and a naughty smile slowly crawled up the corner of his lips. He walked closer to her and placed his hand on her shoulder guiding her to move. 
There was a part where she had to plaster herself onto Kai's chest and make the body roll so Jaein was praying Baekhyu not to even mention. 

"Jongin has this part where he has to do the body roll with you right?" Bakehyun, like reading her mind and asking. Jaein kept quiet. "Let's try?" the law of attraction was something she didn't even want, how could she be with him now literally half- and doing such seducing movements? If she said no, she would sound weird so she nodded in silence. As soon as Baekhyun tried to get closer and plaster his chest on her back and his hand on her hips, she stiffened like a log. He counted the beat and Jaein never focused so much in her life to avoid looking weird but followed like a machine. At first, Baekhyun was joking but slowly he realized, she was really nervous because of her not letting go of her body so after a long try, Baekhyun finally stepped back and looked at her seriously. 

"You know I tried something that you might not agree but it worked so much that I have to suggest." Jaein sighed so loud that Baekhyun stopped and raised his eye brown like he was questioning.

Jaein realized she was too relive for Baekhyun to finally have some distance so she just came up with an obvious answer, "I'm just tired," Bakehyun shook his head in disagreement so she stuttered to find another reason, "and thirsty" Bakehyun just silently went near the mirror toward the pack of stuff he brought when he arrived at the studio. He ruffled in the plastic bag and got a hold of a glass bottle based on the cling and clanging sound.

"You are at the age to be allowed to drink, right?" Just when Bakehyun finished his question, he raised the bottle from the bag. Jaein stood at the same spot. 
"Yeah of course, I'm in University now" She then nodded and walked toward him punched Baekhyun on the arm as if he was asking a stupid question. Her heart dropped the slightest realising Baekhyun was always treating her like a little sister only. She sat down on the floor with him opening the soju bottle with a twist and handed it to her.

"I-I accidentally realize drinking helped my dancing somehow, sounded stupid but it worked, you wanna try? " Bakehyun suggested carefully watching Jaein's reaction, waiting for her to say no. Her eyes sparkled with curiosity while Baekhyun also opened himself another bottle. She stayed quiet after he finished his question.

"It's fine-" 

"I'll try" Jaein suddenly agreed to it making Bakehyun ss top in mid-sentence. "Why not?" Jaein without hesitation raised her glass to cheer with Baekhyun "Jjan Sunbaenim?" Earning a laugh from him. Never failed to surprise him. "Jjan Hobae" They cheered and drank. Little did he know, Jaein only agreed because she NEEDED something to calm her nerves and alcohol couldn't be a better choice so she gulped down like mineral water.

"Woah woah young lady, don't drink it so fast." Baakehyub stopped her by pressing her bottle down but she was already halfway through the bottle of soju. Jaein wiped the liquid that accidentally dropped out of the corner of her lips and Baekhyun then laughed again at her.

"Stop laughing Byun Sunbae, you're annoying"Jaein whined like a child and Baekhyun went and pinched her cheeks.  "You're so cute," Bakehyun said without thinking stunning himself. Jaein's face heated up quicker with what she heard and she chugged down another big half of the bottle but still Baekhyun stopped her again. "If you continue to gobble down the entire bottle, people might assume I'm bullying you Jae, that's enough." He stifled his laugh and grabbed the bottle away from Jaein because she dangerously looked like she would take the whole bottle within minutes of the alcohol in her hands.

"You ARE bullying me Byun Baekhyun and you have always been." Jaein started to look a bit tipsy as she was never good with alcohol. "Did I? I'm here spending my own free time with you Jaein, many girls are asking for more than my time." Baekhyun snickered jokingly.

"Opt me out, I wanna stay away from you as far as I can," Jaein called out. Looking at how Jaein was talking bolder, she seemed more relaxed and Bakehyun went and pulled her up. "Stop pulling me, I can do this, I'm tipsy but I'm not that drunk Baek." She rejected.

Getting back to business she quickly pushed herself up and looked Baekhyun in his eyes, pulling him by his hand to the centre of the room. Getting all the nerves she never knew she had before, " Let's start then."

Jaein was still clear about what moves she needed to do next and she could feel more relaxed, even with less control of her own body, she could see how Baekhyun was smiling more than in the previous practice, sometimes she would accidentally do some moves that were unpredictably funny but the jelly feeling and the euphoric feeling made her looked like she IS dancing instead of being forced. 

Jaein slowly became more and more open to the body wave and twirling sometimes around Baekhyun and he had to catch her from going out of control. Things didn't get out of control as the alcohol was not too strong to knock her out but she slowly got used to the tipsy feeling when both of them were breathing roughly from the intense training.

"Yah, that's what I meant by body wave Jae, you're too restricted," Baekhyun commented before chugging down a bottle of water. "Good job!" He then praised again. "I'm so tired I just want to just sleep here." Jaein slowly leans down to catch her breath.

"Yah c'mon, let's dance with Kai's full song and we'll wrap this up."Bakehyun pulled Jaein away from the floor and had to drag her to the middle of the room. "Let me just close my eyes for just 5 minutes Baek, I need a break!" Jaein whined and flailed but in vain as he pulled her close facing her.

"You got all the time to sleep after this, C'mon." 
"Do you even know Kai's move?"

"You underestimate trainees' ability to remember the steps? I'm TRAINED to learn fast Jae, we all know each other's steps to cover everyone." Baekhyun stated proudly and stood in position. Like he had always belonged to that place and waiting for Jaein to join.

Jaein went and searched for the phone in her phone and played it on speaker while running small steps toward where she was supposed to stand with him.

It was quite a y song, you know how Kai Always has those songs and he was good at it. Jaein was well aware of Kai being the best dancer in EXO but she was not sure about Baekhyun as he had only taught Jaein the basics dance moves for the past 1 hour and a half. Only one way to find out.

The song is a pre-release song called 'mmmh' and a sensual song about how the male lead - Kai is a playboy but is smitten with this girl. The playboy had fallen harder for the said girl more than he had ever been towards any girl. 

As the song played Baekhyun's body flowed like water and every move he made, Jaein's brain stopped functioning and she just stood there. Bakehyun was quickly drowned in the music and beat and he realise Jaein was standing still, he pulled her closer and whispered to her," Surprise that I'm that good?" Jaein stiffened and Baekhyun continued," Relax and find the beat, dance like you never before Jaein." 

He then put his arms across her shoulder and swayed as the beat, electrics sent through her whole body when he slowly slid his hand down to the back of her hands, interlocking their fingers. The soft beat of the song was like a catalyst to make her lean back onto Baekhyun's strong chest tilting her head backward as she closed her eyes to enjoy the closeness. Baekhyun's hand tightened the slightest but did not go unnoticed by Jaein. 

They would separate with their dance move, away from each other then again bodies meet together. Jaein knew the alcohol was making her become bolder so at that moment she decided to just let it go and do something that she had always wanted to do. She can always blame the alcohol. She had danced to the same song for the 100th time with Kai but her mind was always occupied by what would be the next move and the strength she needed to put in or with Kai always reminding her of what to do next and counting the beat. But this time, it was like the music was carved into her bones and body, she moved like she belonged to the song together with Baekhyun. Both of them were facing each other dangerously close compared to how the choreography was supposed to be, but Baekhyun too, made no thoughts of pulling away but instead would lean closer to further close the distance. Baekhyun would line his finger along her jawline, and curl her strand of hair to the back of her ears that was loose from her hair tie. His stare made her breathless and her stomach was making funny feelings. 

Instead of being a coward like before, Jaein countered back. The alcohol in her body made her buffed up with courage that she never knew she had. She would hang onto his neck and linger her fingertips on the nape of his neck, and at a point reach her finger into the back of his hair and lightly tug it. Baekhyun pulled his stare from their body movement and met with her eyes as he felt the tug, furrowing his brows with a gulp, his pupil had changed to a darker shade of color, gaining a hearty laugh from her. She felt bolder like she had him under control and, to be honest, she loved the feeling. The moment felt magical and it was as if Jaein suddenly how to tease when she saw Baekhyun's eyes wander lower to her lips. Jaein would lose her mind if she allowed Baekhyun to stare longer, his eyelashes already flashing on her cheek as he blinked and continued to stare. She moved her hand to lift his chin up and their eyes met. Jaein's heart was in at that point as their stare lingered on each other.

Jaein used up all her willpower to come to her senses by literally tearing her eyes away from him, continuing to the highlight of the dance where the male would need to lay on the floor while the female needed to hover over him. It was just a sensual dance move for Jaein with Kai but it was different with Baekhyun. She never had thought of herself happening to be in such a position but because of her stupid feelings, she was well aware that that was what turn-on felt like. Her cheeks were red and her entire neck was flushing red but she continued. As she moved, she slowly kneed her way to be directly hovering over him and Baekhyun to hold on to her back. Baekhyun then slowly placed the palm on the small of her back to pull her closer once again, with her lying on top of him. Baekhyun inevitably let out a shaken breath and Jaein could see as he bit his lower lips.

Jaein had to dance as if she was pushing and pulling with the male's heart and that was how the male drowned into the female's trap and captured the male's heart. Jaein was nervous to be this close to Baekhyun, but looking at how deniably shaken the boy in front of her, she suddenly gained her confidence back, as if she could feel the power she had over this boy who had always played with her heart instead of her playing his. That was the triggering switch that let out her inner boldness completely. Their nose was touching, and Baekhyun slowly wandered across her face and towards her red lips. She close her eyes and moved her head to the side toward his ears and nibbled on it, capturing his ear lob in and on it lightly, teasing him. The sudden action from the most unexpected person had caught Baekhyun off guard causing him to let a moan escape from his mouth and body arched. The musical sound knocked Jaein out of the tipsy feeling as she suddenly straightened up to sit up and the music slowly faded away.  

Baekhyun knew he was done for it and that was the last straw. Before Jaein scuttled away to stand up, he pulled her down as Baekhyun sat up, pulling her to slam towards his chest and locking her with his arm to his chest. She had to land her arm on his shoulder in order to steady herself and her leg wide open with Baekhyun's lap between her legs. Jaein in a big breath with the sudden move and now her kneeling on top of him.

"For sake Jaein, don't ever leave a man hanging like this." Baekhyun breathed heavily and it was definitely NOT because of the practice.

"Or all I can think about tonight is you." as soon as he finishes those words, Baaekhyun locks his lips onto hers, holding her closer than ever. 

 

 

 

I SWEAR TO GOD LOVELIES, I DRAFTED, THOUGHT, AND EVEN DREAMED OF THIS SCENE FOR SO LONG AND FINALLY WROTE IT OUT. I typed so fast I think I broke the keyboard for a second hoping to get the scene out of my head. This chapter to exceptionally long because I couldn't stop!!!!!!! Finally, our Baek couldn't resist her anymore and he made his move!

Hope you guys like this chapter and comment all your feelings down and tell me how you feel! I'll finish this story soon too so hope you guys closely wait for me to update, love y'all <3