Epilogue

When Flowers Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue

 

***

 

The noise around the noise is causing someone in her thirties to finally gain back her consciousness. She rose from her lying position and let out a huge yawn without caring how disheveled her hair was.

 

"Chanyoung, I want some candies too." Mumbles her absentmindedly while she slowly blinks her eyes. Another yawn escape as she stood on her feet and she lazily walk out of the master bedroom. She can hear Chanyoung's loud squeals as she gets closer to the stairs.

 

"OMMAAAA!!!" And just as she steps into it, Chanyoung's voice startled her. "Look, Appa and I made a big castle out of the Legos." 

 

She smiled brightly. "Yeah, I can see it. Good job honey."

 

"Good morning, hon." Greeted Yoona as he meet his wife halfway on the last step of the stairs. He hugs her briefly as Chanyoung hastily hugs her too.

 

"Hmm, my little big boy. Have you guys eaten?" She asked after Chanyoung let go of her.

 

"Yup. I'll reheat your breakfast." Yoona said and hastily runs to the kitchen.

 

"Omma, let's finish this." Chanyoung ushered as he sits on the floor again.

 

"What time did you guys start this?" ask Seohyun as she sits down across from her son too. 

 

"When I woke up. Appa woke up earlier though so I ask him to play with me." Chanyoung flashed a bright grin to his mother.

 

"Like father like son." Seohyun let out a soft giggle. She then started helping her son while at the same time checking him occasionally. It's been 2 years and Chanyoung is still like a baby to her. She's a proud mother of how he grows up. 

 

"Omma, I have a question." suddenly Chanyoung breaks his silence.

 

"Yeah, go ahead, honey." She smiled briefly.

 

Chanyoung contemplated for a while before he continued, "Jaehyun, he told me he's having a baby sister. When am I going to have a little brother or sister too?" he innocently asks. "You know, I want to play and protect her or him." and then giggles in the process.

 

Seohyun awkwardly smiles. "Yeah, about that... I... don't... know when. I mean, Omma and Appa... we're so happy having you as our son and it's actually enough for us that we only have you. I, Appa, and you, we make a very good team together, aren't we? Don't you like it, honey?" She hopes her son gets what she meant. 

 

Chanyoung pouted cutely. "But sometimes I see my classmates play with their brothers and sisters, I sometimes feel... envy. But it's okay, I'm happy with us three." He then pulled a big smile so his mother won't feel sorry. He thinks not all can have what they want. 

 

"I'm glad you do, honey. We love you always and forever." Seohyun sweetly replied. She got up and lowered herself to hug him gently. "I love you, I love you, I love you." she whispers, kissing his forehead and cheeks.

 

"I love you too, Omma." Chanyoung cutely replied as he returns the hug.

 

Yoona heard the conversation and sighs deeply. The truth is, they can't make a baby anymore with the new contract they signed with the Agency. It's sad but they have to accept it. 

 

***

 

While Yoona is driving very carefully, Chanyoung and Seohyun are brightly singing their favorite song again. He would smile, glance at them, and sometimes sing a few lines. When they meet the change of traffic lights, his phone suddenly rings through his airpod and he casually pressed the answer button without saying a word.

 

[The documents have been sent to your email. Just print it before the flight Mr. Im.]

 

"Noted, thanks, Agent Kim."

 

[No problem.]

 

He ended it casually and tilted his head to his right. "We're ready for tomorrow." He told her when Seohyun also looked at him back.

 

"Okay." Seohyun nodded slowly as she glanced at their son at the back. 

 

"Omma, where are we really going?" ask Chanyoung after the song ended. He realized his parents haven't told him their whereabouts.

 

"You'll know later." Yoona meaningfully said with a smile. "It's a good day you won't ever forget, son."

 

"We're going to an amusement park, aren't we?" Chanyoung guesses while grinning. 

 

"Hmm, close enough." Seohyun replied with a teasing smile.

 

"What? But I want to go to the amusement park again." He frowned immediately. 

 

"But haven't we been going there almost every month?" Seohyun chuckled softly. She can't believe their son is getting spoiled with what he wants but they love watching him happy either way. Especially when he gets stars in his studies. 

 

"I know... but..." Chanyoung looked down at his lap as he pout sadly.

 

"Oh, come on, it's going to be fine, honey. The place we're going is as funnier as the amusement park, I promise." Yoona said as he glance at his pouting son. He smiled unconsciously.

 

"Right, your father is right. Also, we'll make another memorable day." Seohyun tried to convince their son too.

 

Chanyoung got quiet for a couple of minutes until he looked up and brightly flashed a smile at them. "Yes, I'm excited!" he said earning giggles from his parents. 

 

***

 

Just as they pulled over in a parking lot outside the mall, Chanyoung immediately spotted Jaehyun who just stepped out of the car across them.

 

"Appa, is that my best friend?" he asked excitedly as he pointed at him.

 

"Yes." Yoona smiled as he unbuckled his seat belt. Seohyun just smiled as they stepped out of the car together.

 

Chanyoung grabbed his mother's hand as he jumped out of the car but immediately let go and rushed to Jaehyun. Seohyun and Yoona chuckled softly as they follow him to greet the Jungs.

 

"Whoa, look whose this very pretty couple?" Jessica teased them.

 

"Tsk, we already know that, Unnie." Seohyun replied.

 

"Omma are we going to spend the day with my best friend and Jessica Noona?" Chanyoung looked up at his parents while holding Jaehyun's hand.

 

"I told you right? We're going to spend a memorable day." Seohyun bends down slightly to gently rub her son's hair.

 

"Chincha? Yipeee!!!" Chanyoung happily jumps up and down and then hugs his mother and his father. "Thank you, Appa." He said loud and clear.

 

Jaehyun hug his mother and smile brightly as he looked up at her.

 

"Let's get going before lunchtime." Seohyun ushered and was about to hold her son's hand when he grabs Jaehyun's hand instead and together they lead their way. 

 

"Yah, don't go too fast!" Yoona hastily rushed to them when the two ran suddenly.

 

Jessica giggles. She grabs Seohyun's arm instead and they follow them close to the mall. "Have you guys told him?" she asked knowingly.

 

"We plan to do it tonight." Seohyun replied with a brief smile. "Oh by the way, where's Officer Kwon?" She suddenly remembers she asked the older one to bring him too.

 

"Nah, he has a busy schedule this week. But maybe tomorrow, he will be with us at the airport." Jessica softly replied. She and Yuri had been good friends and she liked it that way.

 

"Tsk, I wonder if he's seeing someone?"

 

"Oh, that would be great." 

 

Seohyun stopped walking and looked at the older in surprise. "You're fine with that?"

 

"Why not?" Jessica chuckled. "Yuri's a good person. I think it's easy to like him."

 

"Um, I... I thought you liked him?"

 

"What kind of like?" She raised her eyebrows in confusion.

 

Seohyun paused and nodded as she realized something. "Nevermind. You guys are really good friends indeed." She grabs her arm again to hook with and continue their walk. 'Jessica Unnie seems to be the type of person that falls only once in a lifetime. She's happy and contented right now with Jaehyun and Yuri. That's all that matters. I'm happy for you, Unnie.'

 

***

 

Seohyun and Jessica gasped when they were greeted by Chanyoung and Jaehyun already holding two popcorns in their arms. Both are enjoying it already.

 

"You guys, do you have any money?" Jessica asked in disbelief.

 

"Nope but Appa has." replied Chanyoung, grinning widely as he pointed at his father.

 

"Aigoo." Seohyun sighs as her eyes shifted to her husb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter