Ch 11

When Flowers Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11 | The Circle

 

***

 

Slowly but surely, Chanyoung gained consciousness after 8 hours since he was abducted. A sad pout formed on his lips as he realized he was in a different place. He expected it but it still make him sad and his heart broken. He is scared to be alone in an unfamiliar room, even though there are toys around. 

 

'I miss Omma and Appa.' He thought as his eyes watered. He sits up and hugs his knees on top of the bed. 

 

He couldn't believe that after all the fun from camping, he would end up in a bad guy's place. He sniffles and wipes his tears that are dropping. But no matter how much he holds back, he ends up crying. "Omma! Appa!!!" calling out his parents nonstop until someone barged in.

 

The door opens and a woman came in wearing a doctor's white gown. "What's wrong Chanyoung-ah?" 

 

He quickly moved away from the woman. "Who are you? I want to go home. Please let me go home!" he demanded as he whimpered. 

 

"I'm sorry but that can't happen. Oh, you are hungry now, aren't you? Be right back." The woman said and left the room.

 

Chanyoung got off the bed and runs to the door. But the moment he tried to open it, it was already locked. He keeps trying but it won't open. "Yah!" He decided to kick it but only to yelp in pain. "Ah!" and it causes him to even cry harder. He sits on the floor and continues to cry for the next couple of minutes.

 

When the door opens again, he stopped and tried to escape but the same woman caught his arm and drag him back inside. 

 

"Even if you leave this room, you're not going to leave this building, Chanyoung-ah." The woman said as she place him down to the bed.

 

Chanyoung sends her glares.

 

"I'm doctor Shin Hye-Sun by the way. One of the scientists here." The woman introduced herself, placing the paper bag of fast food near the young boy.

 

"A scientist?" 

 

"Oh, you finally want to talk?" 

 

'So she knows Chanyoung has a power.' Chanyoung thought and he tried to listen to her thoughts but her mind is empty. 'She does.'

 

"Hmm? Don't you like fast food? Or..." Hye-sun leaned down to him. "You're trying to read my mind?" she asks with a smirk.

 

Chanyoung's heart beat faster. He got intimidated and quickly moved back until his back hits the wall. He is trembling in fear while he couldn't look her in the eyes.

 

"It's okay." Hye-sun smiled as she straightened herself. "You can't read anything from me. I'm someone that doesn't think a lot." She giggles. She then turns and leaves the room casually. 

 

But before the door closes, a puppy entered the room. The same puppy that distracted Chanyoung before he was abducted runs towards the bed. Chanyoung forgot about the scientist as his attention went to the cute puppy. He got off the bed and pick it up.

 

"I'm glad you're here, Choco-ah." He said as he returned to the bed. "I don't know what to do without Omma and Appa." He holds it close to his shoulder and the puppy his cheek. He smiled and give it a kiss. "You want to eat? Yeah, you're hungry too." Placing the puppy down to his side, he grabs the paper bag, and his eyes sparkled when he realized it's his favorite burger and fries. However, he suddenly thought of the dumplings his mother cooked for him. He sadly pouts. Instead, he gives the food to the puppy. "I want dumplings, Choco-ah, it's all yours." 

 

The puppy didn't hesitate and bit on the food.

 

"I'm missing my Omma and Appa more." softly he utters while watching the cute puppy. Once again his tears are dropping yet he quickly wipes them off. "I hope they miss me too..." He sobs.

 

 

After giving all the details to the police, Yoona drives himself back to the Agency, where Seohyun is apparently staying. They decided to live there for a while for their safety purposes as well. When he reached the building, he immediately grabs the attention of his fellow agents as he walks to the lift. Everyone seems to know about the incident already and he hears their worries about it. He could only smile and assure them he was fine.

 

Once he exited the lift, he would bow to older colleagues along the way until he saw Sunny step into Seohyun's room, where she was apparently resting. He hastily jogs and when he opens the door, his wife is already awake, talking happily with their colleague.

 

"And your husband is here." Sunny smiled when she saw him.

 

"You're finally awake." He stepped inside and smile at Seohyun.

 

"So... any update?" ask her as she reaches for his hand.

 

"Already told the police and the Agency about it." explained him.

 

"That's what I am here. We'll have a meeting about your son, Chanyoung." Sunny explained her visit.

 

"You have suspects now, right?" Seohyun raised her eyebrows, hoping the Agency is ahead of her and Yoona.

 

"I'm sensing it's about the Kim Pharmateciutecal right?"

 

Sunny shrugged her shoulders. "All I know is that... they're going to give you a mission. Anyway, see you later guys." She smiled and walked out of the room.

 

Sighing, Yoona take his seat next to his wife on the bed and warmly smiled at her. "How are you doing?" 

 

"Getting back my strength now. How about you?" She knows she hasn't fallen asleep since last night. She can see it in his tired eyes.

 

"I'm fine. There's nothing to worry."

 

"I've heard they couldn't track them anymore."

 

Yoona nodded slowly. "It's either they found the bug and broke it or the place they're at is isolated and the signal is hard to reach." 

 

"What do you think of our son doing right now?" ask Seohyun, throwing her head back and exhaling softly. "I couldn't stop imagining how scared and lonely he is."

 

"Same. Especially when after all the fun times, this happened to him. He must be crying right now." 

 

She chuckled. "Why are we so depressed right now? I thought we agreed to be strong?" As she reminds her husband.

 

Yoona scoffed in disbelief. "You did it first. But who wouldn't? It's been 12 hours since we saw our son. It's okay to feel like this."

 

"Yeah, you are right."

 

"Anyway, have you eaten?"

 

"Yup. Took you a while to ask that." Seohyun giggled, stepping out of the bed in the process.

 

"Wait, I thought you were resting?" Yoona hastily got up to hold her hand.

 

"I won't be able to gain my strength back if I don't do some walk." She smiled amusingly. "Don't be too dramatic, Im Yoona." and holds his back as they walk out of the room together. "Just hold me then."

 

"Tsk. What do you think could be the meeting later?" 

 

"It's a mission so it's about saving our son."

 

"You think so?" Yoona feels like it's more than that.

 

"Wae? What's in your mind?" Seohyun asked as they reached the lounge. 

 

"I'll get you some drinks." Yoona said before he left for the vending machine without waiting for his wife's response. He only got a canned coffee and juice for her as he returned to her. 

 

"Should we walk around more?" She suggested, feeling like it was a short walk only.

 

Yoona smiled as he get up and offer his hand. 

 

"Thanks, hon." Said Seohyun, flashing a brief smile before she hold him and got her juice.

 

"Going back to what we've been talking about, I think it's more like Kim Pharmaceutical's mission." He said as they resumed their walk in the hallway.

 

"What do you mean?" She raised her brows.

 

"You know how they've been looking into them, right?"

 

"Yeah... but we can't be sure about our son being with Mr. Kim." Seohyun shrugged her shoulders. She doesn't want to conclude right away that the kims got their son.

 

"I know but it could be, right?"

 

"Well, whatever it is, as long as they help us rescue our son, I don't bother." She replied, taking a sip of her juice. But suddenly she stopped walking which also brought the doe-eyed to stop.

 

"What?"

 

"Remember the necklace?" 

 

Yoona raised his brows. "The silver necklace with a heart pendant?"

 

"Yeah, that necklace you gave to me on our first anniversary as a couple." Seohyun remembered the necklace she gifted to their son. "I gave that to our son on our last night at the camping." 

 

"Oh yeah, you did, what's with it?" Yoona is confused.

 

"Aish I don't know if it will help but our photos are inside... and actually I put a camera there."

 

"What? You did? Why did you just tell me right now?"

 

Seohyun nodded as she chuckle. "But it's not a tracker or anything. It's just a hidden camera. It will only turn on if our son opens the pendant. And my phone..." she check her pockets and realized she left it in her room. "My CCTV app that's connected to that will also turn on."

 

"Did you leave your phone in your room?"

 

"Yes, but we can't be sure—Yah!" She shouted the moment Yoona left her. "Aigoo. Hopefully, our son would open the pendant." She just returned to the lounge and wait for him. She sighs and remembers their dinner, the last dinner they had with their son before driving back home.

 

Flashback...

 

"Chanyoung-ah, close your eyes, honey." 

 

Yoona raised his eyebrows. "What is it?" When he saw the small box behind Seohyun's back.

 

"Aish, just help him cover his eyes." Seohyun instructed.

 

Chanyoung giggled and complied. He can't help but smile in excitement while his father covers his eyes.

 

Gently, Seohyun places the small box on the table and opens it.

 

"Oh, that necklace." Yoona whispered when he saw it inside the box.

 

"Shshshs..." Seohyun hushed him. "Okay, at the count of three... two... and one, open your eyes." 

 

Taking his hand back, Yoona smiled warmly at Chanyoung as his son's eyes sparkled in joy.

 

"It's mine?" Chanyoung asked, making sure of it.

 

"Yup. It's our reward for you. Our son did a good job throughout this camping. Do you know that we're so proud of you?" Seohyun said, giggling a little.

 

"Your Omma is right. Now, let me put it on you." Getting up, Yoona took the necklace from the box and put on his son's neck, locking it from behind.

 

"Thank you, Omma, Appa." Said Chanyoung, brightly smiling. He looked down and giggle as he touched the heart pendant.

 

"By the way, you can open that. And if you open that..." Seohyun reached for the pendant, opening it gently.

 

"It's Omma and Appa!" exclaimed Chanyoung when he saw the photos inside.

 

"Yes, whenever you miss us, just open the pendant, and immediately we're with you." Yoona softly says as he rubs his son's head and leaned down to kiss his forehead. 

 

"Whenever you think of Appa and Omma, just open the heart, araso?" Seohyun smiled sweetly.

 

"Yes. But why would I do that when I'm always with you guys?" Chanyoung asked as a matter of fact.

 

Both Seohyun and Yoona laugh softly.

 

"Indeed."

 

End of Flashback...

 

"He should remember that night." Seohyun softly said to herself, hoping Chanyoung won't forget it.

 

After a while, Yoona came jogging toward her and handed her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter