Ch 13

When Flowers Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

13| The party

 

***

 

Stretching his arms upward while letting out a huge yawn, Yoona noticed that he had fallen asleep at his desk. And he sighs when he found Seohyun sleeping next to her. Getting up, he picked her up and carried her back to their bed without waking her up. He pulled the comforter up to her chest and leaned to kiss her forehead before heading to the bathroom. He took a shower for fifteen minutes and came out feeling better than earlier.

 

Sensing his wife won't wake up anytime, he decided to clean up, especially their desk and when he finished, the sun started to shine. He then went out and prepare their breakfast.

 

Thirty minutes later, Seohyun regained consciousness and she noticed the empty space next to her. However, the open balcony and the clean room made her realize her husband had just woken up earlier.

 

Stepping out of the bed, she walks to the balcony and smiles to face a brand new day before her. She then walked out of the room and when she passed through Chanyoung's room, her heart felt heavy. It's been quiet for the past couple of days. Chanyoung's cute and adorable noise is truly a huge missed in their humble home.

 

But she pulls herself together and continues her way downstairs. She immediately hears faint noises from the kitchen and can smell the pleasant smell of the food Yoona is cooking. She casually went to the kitchen and find him delicately adding some art to the omelet.

 

"What are you? A professional chef?" She teased, taking her seat at the dining table.

 

"I will be, once I retire from my job." Said Yoona as he flash her a sweet smile.

 

"You cleaned the bedroom, didn't you?"

 

"Who else would?"

 

She chuckled softly. "Who knows Ji-Eun would return."

 

Yoona took the two plates and walk to the dining table to place the other near his wife and the other across her. "That would be possible if she finally snap out."

 

"But she's working for someone else, not us." She muttered before taking her fork and digging into her omelet. 

 

"Just remember, she's living in this neighborhood, right?" Yoona casually took a bite of his food too.

 

"Yeah, so did you find out last night at her house?"

 

"Just behind us."

 

"Omo, you did?" Seohyun looked at him in disbelief.

 

Grabbing the napkin on the side, Yoona leaned into her and wipe the little ketchup on her cheek. "Yes, messy girl." He giggles as he returned to his seat.

 

"So all along, she had been..."

 

"Her mission is to look after our Chanyoung and she reports to Taeyeon."

 

"How'd you know?" She raised her eyebrows.

 

"She won't be placing cameras around our house if she doesn't. And based on the captured cctvs around the neighborhood, she goes home every after Chanyoung's class is over and waits for us at a convenience store."

 

"Wow, what a freaking stalker. She had no conscience at all of Chanyoung being just a kid." 

 

"Guess, she's not a mother at all." Yoona shrugged his shoulders. 

 

Seohyun scoffed as she continue her food quietly and so as the doe-eyed until they finished and plan for the break into Ji-Eun's house.

 

***

 

For the second straight day, Chanyoung changed into a patient's gown and walk with Dr. Shin to one of the rooms. While he's lying on the bed, he can see two doctors preparing the wires and those shots. Last time he had one shot only before he went into his deep slumber now, there are more of them on a table and he wonders what are those. They're like doing something to him and he couldn't ask them unless one of them is willing to share what's going on. He's scared yet feeling helpless.

 

After a while, Dr. Shin approaches him, flashing a friendly yet sweet smile.

 

"It'll be alright, don't worry." She said before she slowly push the needle into his vein.

 

Chanyoung wanted to say something however, as time passes, he was getting blurry visions until he passed out. The next time he woke up, he had lightheaded and he noticed bandaids on his right arm. A total of eight of them and he felt numb in his right arm.

 

The door opens and Teyeon walked in with ice cream in his hand. "This will help you feel better." He smiled so friendly. 

 

"I... can't... feel my... arm." He slowly and dryly says.

 

"Oh, sorry about that." Said Taeyeon. "But that will eventually subside. Just don't move a lot yet." 

 

Sitting up slowly, Chanyoung accepted the ice cream and started on it.

 

"You're doing a great job, Chanyoung-ah." Taeyeon praised, rubbing the boy's head gently. "And because of that, tomorrow is your last night here."

 

"I'm going home already?" Chanyoung got brightened when he heard it.

 

"Well, quite like that." 

 

"I'm going to see Omma and Appa, again?"

 

Taeyeon chuckled softly. "You miss them that much?"

 

"Yes." The young boy pouted cutely. "Please tell me I'm really going home after tomorrow." 

 

"Will you keep behaving until your last day?" ask Taeyeon as he leaned closer to his face. "I will keep my promise if you will."

 

Chanyoung smiled and nodded. "Please do keep your promise as well."

 

"Of course." Taeyeon gently ruffles his hair. "I will if you keep behaving like you always are."  

 

"I can't wait to see my parents back." Chanyoung replied with a big smile as he took a big bite of his coned ice cream.

 

'We'll see about that Chanyoung.' Taeyeon flashed a meaningful smile. Suddenly feeling his phone vibrating, he casually picked it up from his pocket and answers Jessica's call right away. "Hey, Hon." He sweetly answered.

 

[Where are you? We're picking up our son together.] Jessica reminded him on the next line.

 

"Oh yeah, it's almost lunchtime. See you in a bit." He replied and ended the call right away. "Looks like I have to leave now. But I'm coming tonight. So be good, okay?"

 

Chanyoung brightly bob his head up and down.

 

"Good." he smiled in amusement before he turns to leave.

 

Chanyoung finds himself alone but is enjoying his chocolate ice cream as it definitely helped his throbbing to subside. But after a while, Dr. Shin joined him inside.

 

"Want to go somewhere rather than in the cafeteria?" The latter asks him and he just politely nods his head. He held her hand as they once again walk in the corridor. 

 

"Where are they going?" He noticed the others are leaving their rooms as well.

 

"They're going with us." Dr. Shin said, smiling at him.

 

Soon, they reached the garden of the building and everyone is loving it. Especially since there are cherry blossoms and beautiful different colors of roses around. Chanyoung sat on one of the benches and look up to the sky. He felt good, now that he was outside and can see the blue sky.

 

"Do you love it here?" Dr. Shin asks him as she handed him back his ice cream.

 

"Yes, thank you, Dr." He smiled cutely.

 

"I'm glad you do. Listen, I have to leave for a while but I'll be back with your lunch. So don't go anywhere, okay? Also, you can make friends with the others, especially that teenage boy there."

 

"Yes." He nodded and Dr. Shin smiled at him before leaving him.

 

Instead of making friends, Chanyoung decided to stay in his seat and finish his ice cream. But he got distracted when one of the guys started showing his ability by floating in the air. His astonished. But it didn't stop there, the others showed telekinesis with an object, making fire with their hands, running around the garden so fast and the teenage boy stopped their movements by snapping his fingers twice.

 

"You guys are as good as me." He told them and snapped his fingers again to make them move again. "I'm Minho by the way... and my power can stop every movement I want." He smugly says, tilting his head to his right and smirking at Chanyoung. 'This young boy must be the weakest among us.' He thought as he approach him slowly.

 

Chanyoung gulped nervously upon hearing his thoughts.

 

"What's your name?" ask Minho.

 

"I'm... Chanyoung." 

 

"Chincha? What do you do?" He bend to make an eye-level with him.

 

"I... don't know." Chanyoung nervously replied.

 

"Really? Or you just don't want to share it?" Minho chuckled. "Do you guys want to see what he can do?" Then he asked the others by shouting at them.

 

"Hell yeah! Do it kid!" One of them shouted.

 

"Let's see what you got there!" And the oldest dared their youngest member of the circle.

 

Minho returned his attention to Chanyoung. "Heard them? Can you show us what you got?" He strongly dared the young boy.

 

Chanyoung didn't answer, instead, he punch Minho's stomach a little only but the latter was thrown away and almost got hurt his back if he didn't stop himself from hitting the wall behind him.

 

Everyone is shocked and speechless. Not even one can say a word until Chanyoung bowed in front of them.

 

"Please look after me well." He told them.

 

"What the, it's you who should do to us, you're as strong as superman."

 

"No one even has the ability. You're one of a kind, kid!"

 

"Totally special." Everyone's literally looking forward to being his friend.

 

"This is quite unfair. His strength is far from us." Minho finds his voice back as he walks calmly as if nothing happened. "A kid that's too strong for us?"

 

Chanyoung looked down in fear. His legs are shaking as his already melting ice cream is dropping on his shoes. He can Minho's curse toward him as he keeps walking closer and closer until-

 

"What's going on here?" Doctor Shin thankfully came to that mad Minho to stop.

 

Everyone besides Minho and Chayoung bowed to her.

 

"You didn't do something funny to Chanyoung, didn't you?" ask her as she approaches the young boy.

 

Minho scoffed and decided to leave them be. Everyone followed him inside the building.

 

"You okay, Chanyoung-ah?"

 

"My... ice cream... couldn't finish it." said Chanyoung as he looked up at her with a pout.

 

Dr. Shin smiled and pulled him for a hug. "It's okay." She said as she rubs his back gently. "Let's get inside. I already prepared your lunch." she announced, getting up and taking his hand.

 

Chanyoung didn't say anything as he followed her guide quietly. 

 

***

 

The moment Yoona unlocked the door successfully, He immediately open it and Seohyun entered with a gun pointing inside. It was dark so Yoona turned the lights on as they walked into Ji-Eun's apartment.

 

"Do you think she's here?" Yoona asked in a low voice while following his wife and pointing his gun too around the house.

 

"It's 9 in the evening, she's asleep." Seohyun is positive. After checking the kitchen, they headed upstairs and found two rooms. One on their right has a name hanging by the door and the other doesn't have one.

 

"Which one?" Yoona raised his eyebrows. 

 

Dropping her handgun, Seohyun approaches the right door. "This door seemed to be used by a kid. She has a child?"

 

"Who knows." 

 

Pressing her ear against the door, she couldn't hear anything. It was like the room is empty. Yoona does the same in the opposite room and he heard a faint song playing inside.

 

"She's here." He announced. 

 

Seohyun quickly holds up her gun and signals the doe-eyed to open the door.

 

"At the count of three... two... One... " Yoona opened the door and quickly Seohyun pointed her gun inside the room. Unfortunately, it was empty. "I knew she was not here." 

 

Seohyun walked in first and check the room, hoping they'll find something that will help them rescue their son. "Looks like she has moved out." She didn't find any clothes in her closet anymore. But found a sticker of Kim Pharmaceutical. 

 

"Look, I think this is where she is." Yoona said loudly to get the attention of his wife.

 

Seohyun turned to him and approach him. "Damn, she's fast." It's a brochure of Barcelona and has a text of date and time which was 2 days ago.

 

"Bet? Taeyeon immediately sent her away." 

 

"Let's confirm this with the agency."

 

"Definitely. She's now part of this mission." Yoona replied as he took his phone out and called Sunny.

 

Looking around again, Seohyun finds the wallpaper on the wall seems to be recent. She finds it suspicious so she pushed the cabinet to the side and tears it off. Yoona gasped from the background while her eyes slightly widened to see Chanyoung's face on the wall. What's more interesting about it, it has all the details about The Circle as well as their son's ability which made them look into each other's eyes.

 

"Our son, he can read minds and... see the future too?"  Yoona had goosebumps upon learning about it.

 

"This is why Taeyeon is obsessed with him. He'll take advantage of Chanyoung." Seohyun gritted her teeth and clenched her fists.

 

***

 

[The next day...]

 

Waking up finally on her birthday feels like the best feeling for Jessica. Especially since Taeyeon spent the rest of the night of her last night and even stayed for some time with her in bed, greeting her on her birthday and showering her with kisses. 

 

"Omaaa!!!" Jaehyun on the other hand came in brightly, greeting her with more kisses. "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday happy birthday, happy birthday, Omma." And sings her the birthday song.

 

"Thanks, honey." She smiled sweetly as she cuddle with him.

 

"I'm so excited for tonight, Omma." said Jaehyun.  He giggled in the process.

 

"And why is that?"

 

"My friends are coming too." 

 

"Oh." Jessica giggled back. "Not because it's your mother's birthday?"

 

Taeyeon came out wearing a bathrobe. "Everyone invited is coming. So it's the most memo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter