Ch 14

When Flowers Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14 | The Future

 

***

 

"What's going on there? Is that you, Ms. Jung?"

 

The moment they heard a voice from the outside, Seohyun stopped sniffling and instantly pull herself together, slowly. She is breathless as she looked at her doe-eyed husband. "What are we going to do?" She asked as they stand on their feet. 

 

"You guys please leave. I mean, the guard can't see you guys here." Jessica walk to the window and parted the curtains. 

 

"W-wait... hold on. Let's think this through. We can't just jump off there." Yoona approached the window and look outside. "This is quite high. We didn't bring any rope with us." She added. Seohyun on the other hand started looking around in search of something that can help them with their situation. 

 

"Are you with someone, Mrs. Jung?" 

 

"Um... no. I'm talking on the phone. It's on speaker, you know." Jessica answered loudly while staring at the doe-eyed.

 

"I see." The guard answered. "I mean, we have guards who seemed to have drunk sleeping pills. They won't wake up."

 

"I don't know about that." She answered as she walk to the door and pressed her ear against the door, trying to hear outside.

 

"Anyway, your friends are now looking for you." The guard informed.

 

"Yes, thank you. I just have to talk with my friend from overseas on the next line first." Jessica replied in a loud voice. She stayed until she heard steps that were disappearing in a matter of seconds.

 

Seohyun found a cable wire behind the shelf. "Will this help?" She immediately showed it to them.

 

"No need to leave from the window. Just don't get suspicious when you are from here." Jessica suggested as she unlocks the door and check the outside. Her heart jumps in surprise when she heard a phone ring from the inside. 

 

"Oh, it's I think from here." Yoona opens the drawer and found the phone ringing.

 

"Who is it?" Jessica headed back to the desk. "That's Dr. Shin, so... this is the phone my husband is using to contact the scientists." 

 

"You know their scientists too?" Seohyun didn't expect to hear it from her.

 

"Yeah, quiet. I mean, I often visit the lab... secretly." 

 

"Has anyone found you?" Yoona is curious.

 

"Thankfully only your son." Jessica replied with a brief smile. "Wait, I think Dr. Shin is now trying to contact him for his flight tonight."

 

"What flight?" Seohyun immediately asked.

 

"They... they are selling him off." Jessica hesitantly shared. "So you gotta hurry up. The flight will be in..." She turns to see the wall clock. "4 hours."

 

"." Yoona cursed so loud while Seohyun is speechless.

 

"I'll buy you guys sometime. Leave when you think it's safe to leave." Jessica instructed as she immediately headed to the door to check first. "Come." She ushered them when she saw the hallway is clear.

 

[No, don't go, there are guards near the stairs.] Sunny advised them.

 

"I suggest you go with her, Hon. Meet me outside of this window." Yoona immediately thought of a plan.

 

"You sure?"

 

"Yes. Go now." He gently pushed her and Seohyun nodded before coming with Jessica. He then took the cable wires on the floor and walk to the window. "Okay, this isn't really tall though."

 

[You're on the second floor only.] Sunny said with a giggle.

 

"Yah, if I land badly, I will break my leg." 

 

[I know, just be careful and tie the cables tightly.]

 

With that said, Yoona tied the cable wire to the window. He made some pull and tie it more until he was satisfied. "I'll for Seohyun first." 

 

[I'm on the way.] Seohyun replied to him.

 

After a while, he saw his wife on the ground, giving him the signal to climb down the room. He quickly complied but just before he could jump, he realized the cable is short and he stopped where Jaehyun can be found inside.

 

"Omo, Are you spiderman?" Jaehyun dropped his joysticks and runs to the balcony. "Mr. Im?" He brightened up when he recognized the person hanging by the wire.

 

"Ha-Hi, Jaehyun-ah." Yoona wave his hand awkwardly before he finally let go and landed on the ground expertly. 

 

Jaehyun is speechless as he watches Mr. and Mrs. Im runs to their car. He feels like he is dreaming but he's awed especially by Chanyoung's son. "Chanyoung has a cool dad." he said and smiled brightly.

 

"Jaehyun? What are you doing there?" Jessica walked into the living room and found her son by the balcony.

 

"Omma, I saw Mr. Im, he jumped off-"

 

"What? You saw him?"

 

Jaehyun got confused by the sudden raise of voice from his mother. "Wha-why?"

 

Taking her son's hand and dragging him to the sofa, Jessica sits down and looked at her son seriously. "Don't ever share that with anyone, okay?"

 

"Why?" Jaehyun raised her brows. "I thought that was cool."

 

"Just don't share it with anyone. Not even your father. Understood?"

 

"O-okay." He nodded in understanding. 

 

Jessica pulled her son into a hug. "I love you, my son." whispered her sweetly, pecking her cheek at the same time.

 

Jaehyun giggles as he kissed her back on the lips.

 

"Mrs. Jung, Dr. Kim is looking for you both." One of the maids informed them.

 

"We'll follow." Jessica smiled and she and Jaehyun came out of the room hand in hand.

 

***

 

As soon as they got into the van, Seohyun went to the back and close the curtain so she could change her clothes into comfortable pants, shirt, and jacket. When she's done, she rejoined her husband in the middle of the van while tying her hair into a ponytail.

 

"The Airport Authorities have confirmed our son's departure tonight at 11. We should hurry before they could get into the plane, or even leave the lab." Yoona told her as he passes her earpieces.

 

"Can we order a cancellation of the flight?"

 

"No, we can't." Sunny said from the passenger seat. "We could only stop them from checking into the airplane. Our destination right now however is to the lab since I doubt they are in the airport now." 

 

"Thanks, Unnie." She said with a brief smile. 

 

"Other agents are on the way to the airport while others are going to the lab." Yoona informed, this time.

 

"I see." Seohyun nodded as she took one of the guns from the briefcase. She places one behind her and one on her legs and one under her jacket. 

 

"Drive into the shortcuts, Agent Lee. We can't get stuck in the traffic." Yoona instructed their driver.

 

"I'm doing it, Agent Im." The latter briefly looked at her through the rearview mirror.

 

***

 

Upon hearing from his secretary that everything was ready on their end, Taeyeon returned to his wife immediately and took a couple of minutes before he found an opening to mention his flight.

 

"Hon, do you remember the conference I mention last time?" 

 

"Yup, what about it?" Jessica raised her brows as her attention shifted to his husband from their son who is having his dinner. 

 

"I didn't tell you right away about this but... tonight is my flight. So... I will be away for three weeks." Taeyeon explained softly. 

 

"What? Where are you going, Appa?" Jaehyun got curious yet sad to hear it from his father. He was hoping to spend more time with him now that they're on summer break next week.

 

Taeyeon briefly smiled at his son across from him. "I'll be off for an overseas trip, son. But don't worry, I'm going to keep calling so you won't miss me that much." he assuredly said.

 

'Tsk, if only I can tell him that I know.' Jessica thought to herself. "Really on the night of my birthday?" She asked with an upset tone.

 

"I know right? I'm so sorry, Hon. But I can't cancel this flight. Otherwise, I'm going to delay the conference. I'm their guest of honor. I don't want to put on a bad image." Taeyeon explained further, taking his wife's hand gently. "You understand, don't you?" He's hoping she will.

 

Sighing, Jessica gently let go of his hand. "I know, and I understand. Don't forget to call though, you know Jaehyun will be on summer break next week. He will be so bored." She reminded.

 

"Absolutely. I will every lunch break, dinner, and even on sleeping time." Taeyeon smiled warmly at his son and the latter get up to give him a hug. He wrapped his arm around him in response. "I'm going to miss you too, my son." whispered him.

 

"Met too, Appa. Please be well." Says Jaehyun softly. He pulled back and kissed his father on the lips. "But don't forget to buy me new toys." He demanded, flashing his brightest smile.

 

Jessica leaned into her family to join the hug as well. She wishes his husband well but she hopes he won't able to leave the country and get his punishment rather. 

 

"Don't forget to call too, hon." Taeyeon smiled at her. "I can't be the only one calling you guys." He chuckled softly.

 

"You can count me on that." She giggled. 

 

"I love you." Taeyeon softly says as he pecks her lips.

 

"I love you, Appa." Jaehyun couldn't help and said it too.

 

"Yeah, I love you too." Jessica halfheartedly said but her husband didn't notice it.

 

"The car is ready, Dr. Kim." One of the butlers informed Taeyeon.

 

"Yes, after you." Taeyeon replied. He hugged Jaehyun for a couple of seconds before he finally get up and leaves the party earlier than any guests.

 

Jessica could only sigh as she watches disappointingly. "From now on, it's you and me only, Jaehyun-ah." She told his son but the latter got distracted by his friends playing on the side and left her without saying a word. "Aigoo. He didn't even finish his meal." She chuckled, watching her son from her seat.

 

***

 

Upon entering the building with one of the employees' IDs, while wearing the laboratory gowns, Yoona and Seohyun have no problem as they headed to the lift casually. They're both wearing specs and wigs according to what the ID shows. 

 

"It's the G2 button. A secret laboratory underground. But you need the ID to be able to get there."

 

Yoona pressed the button as Jessica instructed and the screen changed to ID scan. He swipe it and the screen scanned for a couple of seconds. Once confirmed, the door closes and the lift started moving down.

 

Seohyun took a deep breath and exhaled softly as she readies herself. 

 

"Are you seeing us from here, Agent Lee?" ask Yoona to their friend from the next line.

 

[Yup. Clear as crystal. Every trace of you guys has been erased in every CCTV around the building.]

 

"You're recording this, right?" Seohyun added to make sure of it. They're planning to reveal everything in the lab to the public after they rescue their son. It's not only saving him but also the public, from someone who had no mercy for the victims. 

 

[Everything will be over tonight, Agent Seo.] Sunny seriously replied. 

 

After a while, the lift reached the bottom of the lab and they slowly stepped out of the lift. They found a hallway which has empty glass rooms. 

 

"Do you think they're still here?" Seohyun got nervous. 

 

"I doubt so." Yoona is positive. He signals his wife to continue so they walk side by side while wandering their eyes left and right until they reached another hallway. This time there are scientists in every room which made them lower their bodies as they continue their way, carefully not creating any noise. 

 

"One of these, our son is probably here." Seohyun whispered.

 

"Jessica mentioned at the end of the hallway, there's a stair to the second floor..." Yoona remembers what he heard earlier when his wife and Jessica left together.

 

Suddenly one of the doors opened, and they immediately turn and straightened themselves as they walk back calmly, as if they were one of the scientists. The scientist that stepped out of the door just passed at them and didn't even look at them. 

 

When he disappeared, they turn their bodies back and resumed their tracks. But just before they could reach the end of the laboratory, they found Chanyoung walking opposite them with a scientist walking him. Both entered a room together without noticing them.

 

"Chan-" Seohyun was about to call out their son when Yoona grabbed her and turn them to hide behind a wall.

 

"Act normal. Remember our plan." Yoona reminds her and she nodded in response. 

 

"Got it." She replied and exhaled slowly.

 

'Appa? Omma?' Chanyoung heard his parents so he turned his head to the door and rushed to see if he heard it right. Unfortunately, he didn't see anyone in the hallway.

 

"Wae? What's wrong, Chanyoung-ah?" Dr. Shin followed him and peek her head also.

 

'I'm sure it's them. It's their voices.' Chanyoung got excited but he understands the situation. "It's nothing." So he smiled and returned inside. 'They're here to save Chanyoung.' He thought as he lay down on the bed again. 

 

"This will be the last time, Chanyoung so I hope you bear with the effects." 

 

"Can I get a chocolate later?" 

 

"Yeah, sure."

 

"Thanks." He flashed her a cute smile and close his eyes as he waits for the drug to make him sleep. 'Appa and Omma, I can't wait to see you guys.' He is excited and looking forward to the moment he wakes up, it's them he is with.

 

After just a minute, he passed out. Doctor Shin proceed with the final process of getting samples from Chanyoung's body, especially his brain. A machine that has wires connected to Chanyoung's head and arms is doing it for her which is less hassle.  

 

Seohyun and Yoona are watching from the outside and both are impatient. They hope the doctor would leave their son so they could get him successfully and hopefully don't need to fight with Taeyeon's guards they found outside the building. There are even guards in front and they were lucky they are all distracted by their tv. 

 

After a while, Dr. Shin left the room but returned after thirty minutes to check. She left again for another fifteen minutes and this time, she took the tubes that has Chanyoung's blood that was mixed with their drug out from the machine and put them into a footlocker. She then took all the wires off of the young boy and left again with the locker.

 

The couple took this chance and headed inside the room. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter