Ch 01

When Flowers Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01 | Chanyoung

 

***

 

Seohyun and Yoona immediately turned their heads behind when they heard footsteps from upstairs. But instead of seeing their son, Auntie Shin Young is alone, looking sad.

 

"Bad news?" Yoona got up to ask.

 

"Not quite. But let's give him some time. I told him he needs to come with you guys but he won't have dinner with us. I'm sorry." Shin Young shared sadly.

 

"That's... okay, Auntie." Seohyun sighs and followed her Aunt to the dining area.

 

Yoona only took five steps when he changed his mind and went upstairs. He tried to open the door but it was locked. So he knock a few times and pressed his ear against the door. But he didn't hear any response.

 

'Is he sleeping now or... he's still out there, afraid?' He wonders. "Chanyoung-ah, it's Appa." He called out loud. But still the same result. "Aigoo." 'He really doesn't recognize us anymore.' So he decided to leave him alone and join his wife and aunt in the dining area.

 

Meanwhile, Chanyoung put his headphone down after the footsteps disappear. He climbed to the bed and pulled his teddy bear close to him so he could cuddle with it and close his eyes to sleep.

 

An hour later after their dinner, Yoona and Seohyun walked into Auntie Shin's bedroom, immediately heard the faint snores from their son. They smiled at each other as they approach him carefully. 

 

"He's an angel, isn't he?" Seohyun's heart is melting away, watching their son sleep.

 

"A sleeping cutie." Yoona commented as she gently kissed their son's forehead.

 

"Me too." Seohyun said and did the same.

 

"You guys can carry him to the car while he's still asleep. I'll prepare his stuff." Auntie Shin said and didn't wait for a response from the couple as she left for Chanyoung's bedroom.

 

"Do you think he will begin to like us if he lives with us?" Yoona softly asks. He's concerned about it. It might be a tough journey for them.

 

"He will, I'm sure of it. I mean, we're his parents. We have his blood in his veins, and it's always thicker than water." 

 

"I love that." 

 

Seohyun gently rubs their son's cheeks and holds his little hand. "We'll make it up to you, honey. We won't ever leave from now on."

 

"Um, we are on leave for six months only, hyunnie." Yoona reminded his wife.

 

"I know but... who knows the agency will change their mind and just let us work here?" Seohyun positively responded. "I can't let another year to miss with our son."

 

The doe-eyed nodded slowly as he smiles a little. "I'll carry him now." And he announced before he carefully pick him up and immediately hold his head to his shoulder. "Did he wake up?"

 

Seohyun shakes her head. "He's deep in his dreamland right now." She giggles in the process. "He's a cutie."

 

Yoona smiled briefly before he lead them out of the room. Seohyun followed casually.

 

"Here's his suitcase. And wait, his teddy bear." Auntie Shin hurriedly headed inside her room and grabs the white teddy bear she gifted to Chanyoung when he was four. "He can't sleep without this." 

 

"Oh, thanks, Auntie." Said Seohyun as she receives it.

 

"I'm so happy you guys are back."

 

"We too, Auntie." Yoona smiled brightly.

 

"Take care of you both." Auntie Shin hugs Seohyun and gives Chanyoung a kiss on his forehead. 

 

"Thank you again, Auntie." Yoona said for the last time before they continue their way out.

 

***

 

It was a quiet and peaceful drive to their new home. Yoona once again is the way that carried their son inside and decided to place him on their bed instead of his own room while Seohyun unpacks the suitcase.

 

"Oh, he's a superman lover." Yoona noticed that most of the shirts have the superman logo printed. 

 

"He is definitely just a child." Seohyun finds it adorable. 

 

"Should I be his superman from now on?"

 

"Would you love to fly?"

 

Yoona chuckled in amusement. "It's not like that. I mean, Auntie Shin doesn't have a husband, he probably might be thinking of a father while we're away." he explained it further.

 

"Oh, that could be. I would definitely love to support you, super yoong." Seohyun giggled as she imagined it. 

 

"From spy to superman, hahaha." Laugh Yoona as he transferred the clothes to the closet.

 

"Omo, do you... remember this?" Seohyun however found a small toy gun. She picked it up and showed it to her husband. "Chanyoung pick this up during his first birthday instead of money and other stuff out there." 

 

"Yeah, so he hasn't lost it." Yoona took it from her and smiled. "That was... one of the best moments of our lives. He enjoyed his first birthday party."

 

"Time flies too fast, eh?" Seohyun tilted her head to the bed, smiling warmly at their sleeping boy.

 

Yoona can't help and peck his wife's cheek. "So we've been a married couple too for the past four years." He grinned proudly.

 

She scoffed and hit his arm. "You just realize it? Where was your mind all this time? Tsk. Pick up the other clothes." 

 

Giggling, the doe-eyed didn't waste a second and complied while Seohyun place the other toys in a basket. 

 

"There's only few toys Auntie Shin put. I bet he wants us to buy it for our son." Yoona realized it.

 

"Absolutely. And why is there a wireless headphone? Our son loves to listen to music?" Seohyun picks up the last time on the suitcase, wondering about it.

 

"He doesn't have a phone, does he?"

 

"Yup, only toys are there with his clothes."

 

"Auntie Shin probably mistook for it?" Yoona took it gently from her. "I'll call her about this." And he offers, taking his phone out from his pocket and ringing his Auntie's number in the process while Seohyun decided to freshen up. He took his seat on the edge of the bed while waiting for the next line until it was answered. "Auntie! there's a headphone on the suitcase as well. Is this my nephew's?"

 

[Nope, that's Chanyoung's.]

 

"Chincha? Does he like to listen to music? But he doesn't have a phone." He said as he glanced at his son.

 

[Maybe? But he just likes to wear them without music. I think it was the day of his 4th birthday when he ask me to buy that. Oh, he mentioned he saw it on the TV and that it lessens the noise if he wears it. I think it was for him to have a good sleep because the neighbor sometimes fights in the middle of the night.] 

 

"Oh, that explains." Yoona nodded in understanding. "I thought it was your son's."

 

[My son loves watching cartoons rather. Anyway, have a good night. See you when we get the time.]<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter