Cinderella and the Wolf

Growl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Trigger Warning- mentioned of abuse

I winced in pain as I glance in the mirror while gently touching the wound at the corner of my lips. Pain- I thought I will become numb at this point of time but then I am not sure anymore whether it's my body nor my heart is burning. Tears started to well up in my eyes as I recalled how her heavy hands landed on my body causing me wounds here and there. I wiped the the first streak of tears that fell in my eyes as I put the last straw of medicine over my wound. This won't be obvious by tomorrow right? I hope it's not, I don't know what excuse anymore I will tell to Minhyun how I got hurt. I was startled when my door flung open and a woman came rushing in.

" Yah..for how long will you stay here? I told you to prepare dinner already " Mina, my stepsister said with her annoyed looking face. " Get off your lazy asses and start cooking" she added with her both hands now on her waist.

I slowly got out from my seat not worrying about the wounds on my legs, scared that If I annoyed her even more she will add more wounds her mother put into mine.

I headed to kitchen to prepare dinner. How long has it been? I lost count of the days and months already. Putting out the beef from the fridge, I heard my stepmom shouted from the living room. " Yah..bring out a glass of water, quickly". I stopped from my work and headed to where she was seated with a glass of water on my hand. Glaring at me, I slowly put the water on top of the table.

" why are you so slow these days?" She said and as if my wounds weren't enough she kicked my shin. " Get out of my sight and fix the dinner already". Wincing in pain, I went back to kitchen hurriedly, almost stumble determined to be hidden from her view. I stopped when I heard a door opened from one of the room. Minhyun appeared with his messy hair while rubbing his eyes.

" Umma, I'm hungry" he said with his cute voice.

His mother came towards him and gently pat his head. "aigoo, our Minhyun is hungry already, did you sleep well?" Her tender voice echoed in my ear. The old woman in front of me is completely different from the person who hits me earlier.

My cute litttle brother nodded his head. His eyes darted towards me. " noona, are you cooking?".

I curved my lips into thin smile, worried that he might notice my wound. " hmm.. just wait a little and noona will be done in no time".

"arhmm..." his mother cleared . I glanced at her briefly with my worried eyes and turned my head to Minhyun. I smiled wider to my brother and finally continue my way towards the kitchen.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Afternoon break from school is my favorite, while the others will go crowd the cafeteria or the gym to play games

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter