Growl ( epilogue )

Growl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My eyes roamed around my surroundings. The leaves from the trees dancing through the winds. The chirping of the birds that brings music to my ears. The cool breeze of the winds grazing thru my skin. Everything around me are so serene, calm , and peaceful. I hope that my heart can take in what was around me.

I looked at the sky and sprawled my arms. My clothes ripped totally, fur exploding through my entire body, bones crackling as my human body transformed. With my four paws touching through the ground, I started to run, faster than the usual, letting out all my frustrations, sorrow, anger. I am not sure what to feel anymore.

Living with my brothers who are all mated, I was okay at first. Even happy as my brothers found their mate one by one. However, months of being the unmated wolf among the pack my wolf were crying silently. Frustrated that I was the only one unmated. Anger because I feel like my brothers are walking on an eggshell around me. Careful of showing their affection to their mates.

I took a different path today, running aimlessly. Wanting to let off the heavy feeling on my chest and to make my wolf tired. Just wanting to rest and go straight to my bed once I go back. Suho hyung assigned Yixing hyung to cooked for dinner. It's been a month now. I am glad that Suho hyung understand me. Because I don't think my wolf can take it anymore, there's a thin thread and it will snap anytime. As the strongest wolf in the pack, I can't let that happen.

I breathe heavily, as I get tired from running. My ears perked up as I heard someone humming. The sweet sound reached through my heart, calming it. I followed where the sound is coming, being careful as well not to be caught. Though I am sure that I can defend myself, I don't want my wolf to encounter any human, the very reason why I usually run at night.

My eyes set on a girl lying peacefully on the grass. Her long wavy hair is dancing through the wind, long lashes covering her closed eyes, pink lips producing sweet sounds. My wolf got excited hence accidentally step loudly on the ground. She sat up immediately, opening her eyes, and I almost gasped. Her eyes are beautiful, she's staring while walking to where I am standing. My heart beats so fast as I stared at her eyes. My wolf is going wild wanted to grab her and envelop her within my arms. Finally!! I found her!

Goosebumps spread all over my body as she's getting near. I wanted to touch her. Feel her. She stopped, someone called her. Her name is beautiful " Lee Jieun "

However, the happiness I felt turned sour, my mate is getting bullied. I can't let that happened. I need to protect her. I managed to sent away the bullies and I am happy that my mate isn't scared of me. I managed to calm my wolf as her warm touched spread over my body. Her laughter is the most beautiful music I've ever heard. Her smile is beautiful, so as she. I want to keep her happy.

Going back in the house, Suho hyung is waiting for me at the door, worried painted across his face.

" Hyung! I found her! " I muttered happily.

It took a while before Suho hyung understood what I said, his face lit up and curved his lips into wide smile, placing his hand over my shoulder " really? I'm so happy for you Kyungsoo-yah...Tell me about it "

" Hyung! You found your mate?" I heard Jongin spoke as we walked closer to the living room. It didn't take long before our house filled with congratulatory shoutings and laughters. With the house filled with wolves, everyone can hear even a tiniest sound.

" So, did you talk to her? Common tell us! " Baekhyun nudge my shoulder.

" No.. I am in my wolf form. I can't show up in front of her. But I will go back tomorrow. I will enroll to her school to get close to her "

I was startled. Someone lifted me and threw me in the air " yah!! Chanyeol-ah! I will count up to 3 if you don't put me down you're dead! " I warned.

" grumpy Kyungsoo no more! " He shouted before he laughed while the others joined him. The girls were also laughing. I just shook my head. I know that my family were just happy for me. Finally, after years of waiting. I finally found her. I can't wait for tomorrow.

Getting enrolled to her school is easy. Suho hyung accompanied me and here I am, in her classroom. She's looking out the window. When her eyes met mine, my heart is pounding so much. Her eyes is drawing me in, I noticed that she couldn't take off her eyes on me too, is she getting affected as I am? It must have been the effect of the pull. I hope that everything will go smoothly between us.

Classes ended but my attention is completely on my mate. I noticed that she's quiet and doesn't really talk to anyone. The girl at her back called her name, borrowed something from her but she just shrugged her shoulders. Completely different from the girl I've met yesterday. Her laughter echoed in my ears. I want to hear it again. I want to see her smile again. But my mind crossed about the bullies yesterday. Was it because of them? Clenching my fists and gritting my teeth, I want to find those bullies. How dare them make my mate like this?

However, getting close to my mate is my top priority. I will find some other time to teach those bullies. I was in awe seeing my mate lying again on the grass. She looked beautiful. Nervously, I walked closer to her. She got up immediately, her eyes widen and a gape escaped through upon seeing me. Cute!

" I'm sorry to disturb you Jieun..but...you know I'm just new here right?...can you be my friend?"

No one can explain the happiness I felt when she accepted me to be her friend. Nice start Kyungsoo! However, lying on the grass with our arms gently brushing against each other, is not a good idea, my wolf is going wild again. Even with her clothes on, I can feel her warmth against my skin. And I'm craving for more! relax Kyungsoo! You can't do that! You will scare her away! I try to repeat those words in my mind.

My lips pursed together while humming a song, my eyes are glued to the pot I'm stirring while my mind is filled with my mate.

" I guess everything is going well? " I didn't notice Yixing hyung behind me. I started to cook again for the family, giving Yixing hyung a break.

" Hmm.. I made a first step hyung and she accepted it "

He painted a smile across his face and tap my shoulder " I'm happy for you Kyungsoo, really "

" thanks hyung " I said with a smile on my face.

However, the next day I found Jieun avoiding me. I am not sure but every time I get a chance to talk to her, she will pretend to be asleep on her desk. I wondered if I did something bad? Or did I do something to scare her? I cornered her before she slipped away on our break. I'm glad that she agreed for me to come to her to the library. While walking, my mind is in deep thoughts thinking about my next plan. I was startled some girls stopped us.

One of them confessed to me, it gets so messy that I didn't noticed that Jieun were gone already. These girls keep on pushing me. I am so close to stomp my feet and buried them on the ground but I control myself. I used a slight force for them to moved away from me.

" Listen! I already have a girlfriend okay? She's Jieun " All the girls in front of me looked shock. I was about to turned my back when I remembered something " and, don't even try to hurt her or do something to her, or else you will answer to me! Understand? " My voice and my eyes implying that I am serious.

While walking, I was thinking about Jieun. Is this the reason why she's avoiding me? But it can't be. But why? Why is she avoiding me? I found her at our usual place. But instead of showing myself, I morphed into a wolf. I know that it's easiest for human to talked everything to animal. Just like what Sehun did to get close to his mate.

However, I felt like my heart is torn into pieces when I found out the reason why she's avoiding me. Her wounds in her arms, I let out a growl thinking that there's other wounds in different parts of her body. Who the hell did this to my mate? I...I wanted to find that person and ripped him apart. I her arms trying to comfort her but I feel like I am comforting myself more. Isn't it ironic that I am the strongest wolf in the pack yet my mate is being abused and I can't even protect her?

With a safe distance, I followed Jieun going back home, hiding myself near from their house. I smiled when I heard her conversation with a little boy. It must have been her brother. I smiled even more when I heard her laughed. I am thankful for her brother for making her laughed. I'm a little jealous because I want to be able to make her laugh too.

I took out my phone as I heard it ring " hyung?"

" Kyungsoo, is everything alright? I'm just worried cause it's almost dinner time and you're not back yet?" Suho hyung voice came from the other line.

" Hyung, can you ask Yixing hyung to cook for tonight? Something happened to my mate, I will tell you everything later..and can you please ask Jongin to come here?"

Suho hyung reminds me to be careful before he hung up. My eyes widen, as I saw someone familiar getting inside my mate house. Is that one of the bully? Why is she going there? Is she the one who abused my mate? Someone tapped my shoulder I almost shout.

" yahh..Don't sneak up on me like that! "

" I'm sorry hyung. But you usually know when I'm at your side so I didn't announced myself " Jongin spoke who is now standing beside me.

He's right. But now, I'm distracted and worried about my mate so I didn't notice his presence. I was about to ask him to go inside the house with me but we stopped when a middle age woman came inside. I clenched my fist and gritted my teeth. She smell like my mate's wound.

" hyung? Are we coming now or later?"

We waited a little longer before we sneak on her house. We first land on Jieun's room. I found her sleeping soundly on the bed. I fixed her blanket before I caressed her face gently.

" is she the one?" She's quite a beauty " I heard Jongin spoke.

" Hmm..yes she is! " I planted a soft kiss on her forehead

" hyung..I smell something.." Jongin stared at me, his eyes looked worried.

" You're right! And today I will find out who did it "

Our second destination was her brother room. We were both startled when we heard him talked.

" noona..my favorite noona..Jieun noona " we looked at him and sighed in relief. His eyes are closed and sleeping soundly.

Then we landed on the middle age woman room. We roamed around her room. I noticed that there's a picture in her desk with a middle age guy, the bully girl I saw last time, and the little boy. But there's no picture of my mate.

" hyung! I think she's a step mother, look " Jongin is holding a wedding picture of the woman and the middle age guy I saw in Jieun's room.

" hyung!" My eyes set on her I.D hung through the cabinet wall where Jongin is pointing. She's working at star enterprise? That's Joohyun noona company. I think I can get a help from Suho hyung and his mate.

" 100% sure that it's this woman!" Jongin sniffed at the sleeping woman " she smells like her wounds "

I clenched my fist wanted to attacked the woman in front of me. Jongin noticed and held me. I inhaled deeply before I talked " don't worry, for the sake of my mate and her brother I will not kill her even though I really want to.. let's go back home I need to talked to Suho hyung "

Jongin quickly followed my order as if he's scared that I might do something bad at the middle age woman. Suho hyung is sitting on the living room with his mate on his lap. They were startled when Jongin and I appeared in front of them.

" oh Kyungsoo, you're here! "Joohyun noona talked, her face is blushing profusely. She was about to leave when I stopped her

" noona, hyung I need your help!" I said my thanks to Jongin before I told him he can leave because judging from his gesture, he's itching to look for his mate.

I explained everything to them. Gave them the name of my mate's stepmom. Joohyun noona plan to give her department an extra work, making her work overtime so she will get tired, too tired to even think of hurting my mate. I told them that I will bring Jieun the next day and I will be needing the help of Yixing hyung.

" I will talk to Yixing tomorrow morning, they are sleeping already" Suho hyung said

I nodded my head " I will not come to school tomorrow hyung, I wanted to talk to Yixing hyung too and the others"

The next day came fast. All of us gathered in the living room together with their mates. Suho hyung talked about the plan, my eyes roamed around my family and I'm thankful for their support on me. I can't wait to bring Jieun here and be part of this wonderful family.

" So, it's clear? Yixing and Yangzi will stay here and welcome Jieun"

" I want to meet her too! " Sehun raised his hand. His mate Mina who is sitting on his lap smack his hand and he pouted.

" You will meet her soon. But not now, I am about to confess to her about my identity. It will be overwhelming for her if you guys are here "

" He's right. Kyungsoo needs only Yixing for now, let's just wait for the time being okay?" I mumbled a thanks to Suho hyung who backed up my statement.

I sighed in contentment while my heart is pounding so hard. The warmth of the girl sleeping soundly within my arms sends tingling sensation all over my body. I want to keep her in my arms, where I could protect her. But I need to wait a little longer, I want her to be the one to decide about it not me forcing it to her.

" Hyung, Suho hyung said you need me?" I glancedd at Jongin who appeared in my room.

" Hmm.. did you bring the food there?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter