My Answer

Growl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I smiled after finishing the final touch of pancake I'm making. Minhyun wanted his pancake with chocolate smiley in it. Letting it cool a little, I cleaned all the mess I made in the kitchen not letting my stepmom to find another reason to beat me. I sighed, before I made my way out of the kitchen with a plate of pancake on my hand, headed to the living room where Minhyun is watching some cartoons.

He turned his attention to me and I curved my lips into wide smile " here is your pancake". He returned my smile and mumbles his thanks while his hands are already busy attacking the pancake.

" Noona, I really like your cooking" He murmured in between his bite. He looked at me and his forehead creased " Where did you get bumped again this time'?"

I furrowed my brows before it occurs to me that he might have noticed the wound at the corner of my lips which I managed to hide in yesterday' dinner. " ah..this one?" I said pointing to my corner lips while faking a laughed " I was carrying a bunch of books yesterday and I accidentally fell"

Minhyun squinted his eyes as if he's weighing whether to believe me or not " be careful next time noona".

My eyes soften looking at my brother " arasso". My brother continue his munching while I focus on the cartoons he's watching.

Before he could finished the last piece of pancake, my brother looked at me sternly " Noona, after graduation will you go to the city and leave the house?"

Dumbfounded, My brows perk up and ask " why? Do you want me to?" My brother shook his head and with his serious eyes, he answered " I never wanted to part from you noona but I know even when Dad's here you always want to venture the city and I want you to do what makes you happy"

I gasped. When did my little brother grow up?. I curved my lips into thin smile " but I am happy!" .

" I know.. but.." he stopped. His eyes moving as if contemplating whether to continue or not. " nothing" he added.

Curious, I asked him " what?". He didn't answer so I come closer to him, determined to know what's running on his mind. " what is it?" I asked him again. Munching the last piece of pancake in his mouth, he muttered " no...thing".

" common tell me...hmm..or else?" I said, my hands are now in a gesture of tickling him on his side. He moved away from me while laughing " really..it's nothing" he said in between his laugh. I continued my way to tickle him anyway and laughter filled our house that afternoon.

Later that night, sleep couldn't reached me. Moving around my bed, my minds busy of the thoughts about the question Minhyun asked me. Can I really leave the house? Can I really leave my brother in the care of my stepmom and stepsister? I mean, I know that Minhyun is their own flesh and blood, but I'm still worried. Though, never once that I saw them treating Minhyun unfairly, instead, Minhyun were showered with love and care in this house that's why I am protecting him. Not letting him know what's going on inside the house, and it's a silent agreement between the three of us. My stepmom and Mina. My thoughts were I in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter