CH9 [1/2]

Welcome to our Home (An NCT Dream Vampire AU - Canon Compliant) Humor, Romance, and Drama ;)

 

7llin' in the Dream


Episode Five:  Hope it Never Fades Out [P1/2]


Chapter Nine


-

 

 

  The sun had gone down and they'd set up beer pong.
  "Okay, let me first explain," Mark said.  "So we have a team on this side and another on that side.  If this team drinks all the cups, they'll lose."  He said excitedly, "If you lose, you have to clean up everything that's there."
  "Okay," Renjun said, stretching the word out.
  Haechan said, "But let me tell you how to play this."
  Jaemin grinned and copied Mark's excitement, "You have to clean it all up."
  "You must throw a ping pong ball to go into a cup on the other side.  The team that runs out of cups first loses.  Okay?"
  "Oh, good," Chenle said.
  "Ah, but it's three to four," Mark said.
  "Yeah and one team will have an extra person," Haechan said.
  Renjun said, "Ok, let's make it by three and four."
  They all wiggled their hands and Mark gasped.  He said, "I'm nervous."
  Jaemin had knelt down and Jeno got his attention just in time.  He stood up and put his hand out.
  The game they played made it where Haechan, Jaemin, and Jeno were on a team, and Chenle, Renjun, Mark, and Jisung were a team.
  Mark and Haechan did Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide who'd go first.
  Haechan threw paper and Mark threw rock.  Mark's reaction to winning made Renjun laugh and hug him.
  "Let's go," Haechan said, as they went to their side of the table.
  "Let's crush it," Jaemin said to him.
  On the other side, Renjun said, "No practice allowed, okay?"
  Haechan said, "We won't allow such a thing."
  Mark said to Chenle, "I'm so sorry, but I'm nervous."
  Chenle smiled and nodded in encouragement.
  "Ok, guys, you can either bounce it or put it straight in," Mark said.
  "Listen, guys, you can't do this," Renjun said.  He leaned over the table and mimed tossing the ping pong ball.  "You have to stay behind the line."
  Haechan said, "Let's start with Mark."
  Mark aimed the ball a few times, then tossed it.  It went in and spun around the rim of the cup.  His team cheered and he looked at Chenle, like, "That's right.  I got this."
  In English, Chenle said, "That's great, Mark.  You did it."
  Mark aimed again.  The ball missed the cups, bounced off Jeno's leg, and hit the ground.  He made a resigned sound.
  "That was ridiculous," Haechan said.
  He leaned down and laughed in frustration.
  Unenthused, Jeno aimed and tossed the ball.  It bounced off a cup and went off the table.  He went to a chair and sat down.
  Chenle tossed a ball.  It bounced on the table and Haechan caught it.
  "Ah, why did you catch that," Renjun demanded.
  "Jisung I trust you," Renjun said.
  Jisung aimed.  "Should I just toss it in?"
  "Do it however you want," he said.
  "Okay, I'll try it."  It bounced off a cup and went off the table.  He covered his mouth and sniffed.  Awkward.
  Haechan missed.
  This time, Jisung rang the cup and it twirled inside before settling.  He pointed at it, like, "That's right.  I own this game."
  "I can't believe," Renjun sang.
  Chenle missed again.  "It almost went in.  It almost went in," he said.
  Haechan missed and turned away.  He yelled, "Does this even make sense, seriously?"
  Jeno sighed and said, "Our team is doomed."  He sat back down.
  "This is too difficult," Jaemin said.

 

-

 

  "This game will last three hundred years," Jisung said.
  "But this is really awesome," Mark said.
  Chenle and Jaemin missed.  Then Renjun.  Jaemin missed again.
  Haechan inhaled and bounced the ball.  He finally made one.
  Jisung rang one of the cups again and chuckled.  "That's was awesome," Chenle said.  Jisung said, "Stephen Jisung."
  Jeno tossed one and groaned.  "In and out.  Does this make sense?"
  Haechan missed and wailed like a dying banshee.  "Does it make sense that I only got one in," he yelled.
  Jaemin and Jeno laughed.
  Haechan looked like a toddler, a second away from breaking something.  He missed again - and wailed again.
  Jeno laughed.
  Mark missed the cups and the ball hit the ground.  He laughed awkwardly and stepped back.
  Jisung leaned forward while Chenle prepared.  "Use your fingers," he said.  "I finally got the hang of this."
  Mark missed and Jeno caught it.  He made a cute sound, like, "Why would you do this to me?"
  "No.  That doesn't count," Jeno said.  "You missed."
  Jaemin missed and Jeno said, "Aaaagh."  He'd resigned himself to losing and now found amusement in it all.
  

-

 

  Renjun missed and wailed.
  "You sounded like a pterosaur," Jisung said.
  Jeno's ball, once again, bounced in and out of the cup.  "Why isn't anything working out for me today?"  He fake cried and sat down.
  Haechan made it and threw his arms up.
  "Two points," Jaemin said, proudly.
  Jisung made it again and looked accomplished.
  Mark cheered.
  Chenle jumped around, yelling, "It's over.  It's over."  He made the last shot and held an index finger up.
  Mark brought him in by the neck and Renjun and Jisung joined the group hug.  They went around and laughed and yelled and bounced.
  Haechan looked bitter.
  Jeno yelled and buried his face in the chair.
  "Good game.  Good game," Mark said as he and Renjun headed for the house.
  Jisung said, "Chenle that was awesome and they headed for the house.

  
-

 

  Haechan watched Jaemin as he used the bug repellent, and then he burst out laughing.  Because Jaemin had quickly sprayed it on his neck, chest, pants, behind him, and then he twirled his hips.  "Hahahaha, he's crazy.  Hahahaha."
  "What'd he do," Jeno asked.  To Jaemin, he said, "What'd you do?"
  "Hahahaha."  He'd collapsed in his chair.  "Hahahaha."
  "What'd he do?"
  He showed him and laughed some more.

 

-

 

  Because of all he'd done, Jeno and Haechan wouldn't let Jaemin clean up with them.
  Mark came into the kitchen with a sweet potato.
  "Don't come in here," Jeno said.
  He grinned and washed a cutting board.
  "Ah, why are you doing that in here?"
  Mark left the water on.  "Turn this off for me," he said.
  "I don't like what's going on here," Jeno said.  He turned it off.
  Mark laughed and went to a different room.

 

-

 

  "Jaemin, Jaemin-ah," Mark said.  "You don't have to do that."
  "I don't mind," Jaemin said, removing another sheet of aluminum foil.  He wrapped a sweet potato.
  Mark sighed.  "Seriously," he said, "You need to rest.  Take care of yourself more.  You do too much."
  Jaemin squeezed the potato to make the aluminum tight.  "I could do them all in super speed if you'd like," he said.
  He laughed.  "No don't."
  "There's no cameras right now."
  "Why are there no cameras," Renjun said, coming from behind them.  He shook his head.  "I mean, what is it about there not being cameras?"
  Mark snickered and Jaemin smiled.
  "I was just threatening to take over Mark's job of wrapping the potatoes in super speed."  He pouted.  "He won't let me."
  Renjun sighed and handed Mark some aluminum.  He took one and wrapped a potato.  "You do need to rest some Jaemin-ah.  I didn't feed you so you could wear yourself out again.  Even you need to relax."
  "You may not be physically tired, but you can get mentally tired.  You're going to burn yourself out."
  "Aish," he said.  He wrapped one in super speed.
  Renjun rolled his eyes and Mark stared.
  "It's probably a good thing I can't do that," Mark said.  "I'd probably do it on accident and expose vampires on national television."
  Jaemin wiggled his eyebrows and put the potato on the table.
  "Yeah...," Renjun said nervously.  "Let's keep you human.  I honestly can't imagine what you'd be like as a vampire.  You express your emotions, you're amused by most things, you're not very territorial.  You're understanding and don't get jealous a lot."
  "Unless you're hiding it well."
  Mark grinned and said, "I can get jealous, but I try to look at everything from different points of view.  It's not that hard, really."  He put the potato down and started another one.  He remembered what Haechan had said earlier.  "Hey, Jaemin-ah, is being territorial different for vampires?"
  "Like, more intense... and exactly what does that mean anyway?"
  He'd wadded some aluminum up and had started swirling it on the table.  "Mm... why do you ask?"
  "Just... curious."  His pulse sped up when he looked at him.
  Jaemin looked devious.  "What have you heard?"
  Mark chewed his bottom lip and said, "Haechan said-"
  Renjun laughed.
  "What?  Stop it."
  "Y-You know you can't... trust half of what he says."
  He fought an embarrassed grin.  "I know... that.  I'm just curious about how it works.  He said Jaemin gets territorial about places he's recently fed from you."
  Renjun facepalmed.
  "So you think I'm territorial of the bathroom," Jaemin said, grinning.  "It's the only bathroom.  That'd be interesting.  Even Jeno may fight me to get in there."
  "I... I know I'd fight you," Renjun said.
  Jaemin pulled him into his arms and snuggled his head, which messed up his beany.
  "Yah," Renjun said, trying to push him away.
  Mark snickered and asked, "So you don't get territorial?"
  Still fighting him, Renjun said, "Oh, he gets territorial."  He growled at Jaemin and said, "Let... go."  He pushed his face.
  "I only get territorial when I feel like my territory is being encroached on," Jaemin said cutely.
  "What does that mean," Mark asked.
  "It means that he doesn't like it when people he doesn't know start hitting on me... or Jeno."
  "Or touch them," Jaemin said.  "Or talk to them, but that's taking it too far.  I'm not a total monster."
  "Oh, you're crazy.  Let go," Renjun said.  He windmilled when he abruptly did.  He steadied himself and inhaled.  On the exhaled, he said, "I hate you sometimes."
  Jaemin did aegyo, then a peace sign, and then went upstairs.
  Renjun sighed.  "And that's what I have to live with," he said.
  Mark shook his head.  "I'm with Haechan."
  "Oh, God.  I think I prefer Jaemin.  I think I'd actually try to kill Haechan.  He's just so loud."
  "Yeah... he is.  He's... also so sweet."
  Renjun gagged.  "When?"
    He shrugged.  "All the time.  At least, to me."
  "You sap.  Speaking of..."  He groaned.  "I still have to..."  He huffed in amusement and said, "I still have to give him that special meal that I make."
  He laughed when Mark raised a potato to throw.

 

-

 

  "Ah, why do you always wear light clothes," Haechan asked.  "You're a terrible donor.  Just waiting to be discovered."  Renjun had on a white beany, t-shirt, jacket and his jeans were light blue.
  "Shut up," he said.  He removed everything but his jeans.  "Are there any dark towels?"
  Haechan sat on the toilet and removed his shirt.  He'd worn all black.  "Check under the sink," he said.
  "There are only light colors," Renjun said.  He moved some aside.  "Oh... here's a brown one, but you can see blood in brown."
  "If it dries it'll just look like a brown stain."
  "But it's a light brown."  He sighed.  "It'll have to work."
  "You could always remove your jeans," Haechan said.  "It's nothing I've never seen before.  And I'm not a messy eater like Jaemin.  I just want to feed."
  Renjun debated.  "Fine," he said, putting the towel back.  "If you were anyone else... besides Jaemin and Jeno, this wouldn't be happening."  He ped his jeans.
  "This reminds me of when we were trainees," Haechan said.  "We used to sneak into different bathrooms and closets to feed.  You, Jaemin, and I, we were little enough to fit into small spaces."
  He laughed.  "I remember that."  He removed his jeans.  "Jeno hadn't been a vampire then.  He had no idea what we were and neither did Mark.  I don't think Jisung had been around then."
  "Remember how Mark found out about vampires?"
  He folded his jeans and put them on the sink.
  "Why fold them?"
  "Shut up."  He kicked Haechan's shirt out of the way, which earned him a dead-eyed stare.  He laughed and sat on his lap.  "Mark found us in a practice room, with you two feeding off of me.  Mark took finding out better than anyone else would have.  He may have been a little distant, but..."
  Haechan nodded and said, "Imagine what it would've been like if he'd freaked out."
  "Ugh, no.  It's not like he could've proved it to anyone, but... that would've been bad."  Haechan's eyes were on his neck.  "Oh, right," he said, turning his head.  "It's ok.  Feed."
  He his lips and nodded.  "Thank you," he said.
  He cradled his head and he shivered as his other hand slid over his back.  It had become a little cool because he hadn't fed for a few days.  His hot breath filled the space between his neck.  He closed his eyes.
  Fangs weren't two sharp teeth that sprung out when a vampire fed.
  Their third (the actual fangs), fourth and fifth incisors got a little longer and a little sharper.  A straining sound could be heard when they pushed past the gums.  He heard it and inhaled.  Haechan bit, causing a firm pressure on his shoulder.  He grunted as the fangs pierced the skin.
  He moved his thumb on his back.
  "It's ok," he whispered.  "Keep going."
  Him feeding came with a hot tongue keeping the flesh close as he drank.  It distracted from the coolness of his hand on his back.  A donor's skin got tight from the extra blood pressing against their veins.  When a vampire fed, the immediate relief caused a minor euphoria.  He sighed.
  Besides a massage, nothing relaxed him more.
  Haechan had always been a clean feeder, so he wouldn't have to worry about cleaning it up or, like earlier, having forgotten to clean it up.
  The hold on him tightened and the suction sped up.  He moaned and went limp.
  Haechan's body temperature rose until their combined heat began to cause sweat.  It usually signaled the end, and like clockwork, the fangs left his shoulder.  He held him, his hair, as he waited for the euphoria to wear off.
  He opened sleepy eyes and smiled.
  "Thank you, Renjun-ah," he said.
  He inhaled, exhaled.  "You're always welcome, Hachannie."

 

>>>Read Chapter 10:  Hope it Never Fades [P2/2]

They relax around a campfire and tease each other. They talk about their experience while there.

Jaemin really likes the fire.

A few vampy moments ft. Chenle...

Renjun feels nice. Very nice. *Snickers.

A freshly fed Haechan is a magnet for Mark's attention. *starry eyes. [CH10] 

 

Don't forget to UPVOTE if you enjoyed it :)