CH6 [P2/2]

Welcome to our Home (An NCT Dream Vampire AU - Canon Compliant) Humor, Romance, and Drama ;)

 

7llin' in the Dream


Episode Three:  Dive into Youth [P2]


Chapter Six

 

-

 

 

  Jeno took a step into the pool and shivered.
  Haechan had already gone into the water.  He held up a small floaty with a pineapple on top of it.  "What is this for," he asked.  He poked it with a fist.  "It's tiny."
  "For a baby," Jeno said.  "For the arms."
  "No, it's too small even for that."  He pushed it away and looked at him.  "Come in.  Come in."
  Jeno gritted his teeth and went down the steps.  He tensed and went further.  He screamed and Haechan screamed with him.
  "Come here," Haechan said to a float.  He lay on it and sailed the other way.  "Chenle," he yelled.
  Jeno ran in place to adjust to the water.
  "Milk," Haechan yelled.
  They lay on the watermelon float and screamed when water touched their chests.
  "One, two, three," Haechan said.  He threw scissors while Jeno threw paper.
  Jeno crossed his arms and went underwater up to his shoulders - and screamed.
  Haechan lost the next round and did the same.  He jumped up and shivered.  "Chenle," he screamed again.  "When are you coming?"  To Jeno, he said, "Let's get somewhere warm for a minute."
  They got out and wrapped in towels.

 

-

 

  Mark ran onto the pool deck and screeched to a halt.  "Will I get hurt if I dive in," he asked Haechan.  Haechan touched his back with a towel-covered hand and he blushed.  They kinda-sorta had a thing and it hadn't been going on for long.  It'd been years since he'd had anything resembling a romantic relationship and he hadn't adjusted to it yet.
  Haechan said, "Don't dive.  It's shallow.  Jump gently."
  He jumped in and had gotten hot enough for it not to bother him.
  Haechan laughed and said, "Aren't you cold?"
  "I'm fine," he said and doggy-paddled toward the stairs.

 

-

 

  Renjun had heard Haechan call Chenle to the pool.  He loved all things water, so he hurried there.  The guys looked cold.  He sat on the shade-covered swing and watched.
  He should've known it'd happen.  Mark sent water his way and he yelled at him.
  "What are you doing," Mark said.  "You're just going to watch?"
  "Ah, I'm too lazy to get changed," he said.  They all stared at him.  "Ah, fine.  I'll swim to."
  He yawned as he went upstairs.  Between being fed from and the sun, he could sleep the day away.  The water would change that.  He shivered just thinking about it.  He was going to regret this.
  Jaemin had gone to sleep on the couch and Jisung had started the Karaoke machine.  He got his bag and headed for the stairs.
  "How are you feeling, Hyung," Jisung asked.
  He smiled and said, "I'm all fine."  Which meant, "I'm completely healed."  "You don't want to swim," he asked.
  "Absolutely not," Jisung said and he looked so serious that he laughed.
  "Well, have fun.  I'm going to change now."
  "Ok, Hyung.  You too."  He sounded wary and for good reason.  Again - he was going to regret this.
  The bathroom still felt warm from the shower earlier.  He had flashes of being against the door and on the toilet.  Arousal stirred.  Jaemin just...  His confidence, his...
  He'd taken care of him so well.  He smiled.
  As he opened his bag he remembered that kiss.  While he'd come out of that delicious post- space.  It had been gentle, like sleepy kisses.  One of his favorites.  He blushed and took his shorts and shirt out.
  While he dressed, parts of the conversation he'd had with Jaemin floated back:  "We don't have time," he said.  Rivulets of blood had run down his back.  He shivered and closed his eyes.  "I'm not going to leave you hanging, Renjunnie," Jaemin had said.  He opened his eyes.
  His nerves stood on end.
  The cool door against his hot back.  The cool toilet against his even hotter back.  He smoothed his shirt out and his lips.  Where had this feeling come from?  Door, toilet, pressure on his neck.  Blood.
  More blood.
  His eyes widened.
  Lots of blood.
  "Ugh, I'm going to have blood all over me," he'd said.
  He'd touched things with lots of blood on his body.
  He spun around and looked at the door.  It had a wet spot like it'd been scrubbed clean with something.  The toilet...
  He looked at it.  Clean.
  He'd been so out of it to this point that he hadn't thought to clean up.  He put his head on his bag and sighed.  Jaemin had taken care of everything.  "Oh, I love you so much," he whispered.

 

-

 

  Stabbing ice pain in his legs had Renjun gasping as he got in the pool.  Haechan gripped his arm and he screamed as he pulled him. 
 Water pelted him from all sides and he could barely breathe as he hurried to the other side of the pool.  He got out, afraid they'd pull him back.  He ducked behind a chair and sun - blissful hot sun.
  Haechan had been splashing Mark too, who immediately got his revenge and splashed him back.  Haechan ran out of the pool and looked like a soaked cat.
  Renjun's teeth chattered as he smiled.  Like this, everyone seemed to want to torture Haechan too.
  They had been playing a volleyball game before he'd come - in the water - the freezing cold water...  It obviously couldn't go well.
  Only Mark knew how to play right.
  After Haechan hit the ball... with his freezing cold hand and held it in pain, did he explain.
  "You have to push the ball with your fingers, not hit it," he said.
  Haechan tried again and then Chenle hit the ball like you would on land and it flew out of the pool.
  "Why would you spike it," Haechan yelled.
  Chenle grinned and received the ball.  He did it right this time, but it landed in front of Haechan and Jeno and splashed them in the face.
  Renjun had sat on the edge of the pool with a towel over him.  He smiled every time water splashed them.
  At one point they were splashing water at each other and Jeno shielded himself with the watermelon float.  They attacked him again and he tried to climb out of the pool.
  Mark sent the ball to Haechan and the serve ended up in Renjun's hands.  He dropped it and struggled to pick it back up.  He served it to Jeno.
  "Ah, everyone go under the water, including Renjun," Haechan yelled.
  They dropped underwater to their shoulders and Renjun ran around the pool.
  "Ah, he didn't get in.  He didn't get in," Haechan yelled.  "Penalty penalty penalty."
  Renjun must have been a masochist.  They got together to take a picture and he got excited.  "Me too.  Me too.  I want to be in it," he said.
  Pictures were his weakness.
  After, they grabbed him again and threatened to dunk him completely.  "No.  I'm serious," he yelled.  Thankfully, they let him go.  He might've actually hurt someone if they hadn't.
  They decided to have everyone dunk under the water again and Renjun hurried to the edge of the pool.  "I can't do this," he said, reaching for the edge.
  "Only up to here," Mark said, gesturing over his shoulders.  "So you don't have that excuse."
  It being in the water.  Until Haechan came up with a brilliant idea that backfired:  "Whoever stands up first has to fully go under the water," he said.
  They went down to their shoulders.  The water lapped as they all shivered.
  Chenle grinned and said, "The loser has to do what if they lose?"
  Haechan's eyes darted around.
  Renjun's heart leaped when they all began to move towards him.  Oh, he was so in on this.  Haechan stood up first and put up a good fight.  Four against one - of course, he lost.
  Renjun even helped push his head under the water.

 

-

 

  They had been given individual cameras to record themselves grocery shopping.
  Haechan found Jaemin looking at the meats and stopped.
  "Sure sure, this one," Jaemin said to the butcher.
  "Tenderloin looks good," Haechan said, holding it up.
  Jaemin looked at the other meats and said, "Ah, all Korean meat is good."
  He put the tenderloin back and rubbed his stomach.
  "Are you hungry," Jaemin asked.
  "I... haven't, um..."  He had a camera in his face.
  Jaemin looked expectant.
  "Um... Renjun... like four days ago."  He glanced at him and then back at the meat.  "I- yes.  I'm hungry."
  "So, what happened four days ago," Jaemin said and probably had a smile under that mask.
  He'd fed four days ago, but he couldn't say that.  He had to make up something about Renjun to not sound suspicious.  He had to think quickly.
  Looking at him, Jaemin said, "And you gave me so many problems about not eating enough.  Shame shame.  I should tell Mark about this."
  He blushed.  He hadn't threatened to tattle to Mark.  He'd found out that Mark had let him taste his blood and would only do it if he'd recently fed.  He'd been teasing him.
  "Ah, I eat all the time," he said.  "What are you talking about?"
  "I bet they cut this out," Jaemin said.
  "Huh?"
  He looked at the meat and said, "Our talking nonsense."
  Oh-ho-ho.  Smooth.

 

-

 

  Haechan had sat in the passenger seat as their driver headed toward the house.  He texted Renjun and heard his phone vibrate.
  "Feed me," he'd said.  He heard him groan and smiled.
  His reply:  "I already fed Jaemin today."
  He rolled his eyes.  "You've fed Jaemin, Jeno, Me, and Jisung on the same day before.  You just don't like me."
  "Stop being dramatic."
  "I need to feed."
  "You just want to face with Mark."
  He blinked and inhaled slowly.  He exhaled and sent back, "So?"
  Renjun snorted and texted, "I should say no, you nuisance."
  "Renjunnie, you wound me ;)  Yah, I put Jeno in the dog house for you."
  "For me?  No.  You did it because you're evil.  You should sleep in the dog house."
  His fingers hovered over the screen as he considered his next reply.  He grinned and texted, "Then we could cuddle and be a mushy-gushy.  I didn't know you felt so strongly about me.  I wonder if Jeno and Jaemin would like to join."
  This time Renjun yelled at him.  "I ought to let you starve."
  He snickered, then laughed when he continued.
  "All mushy-gushy," he mocked.  "You wait until we get out of this car."
  "But we have boxes of groceries.  I know you need my extra strong self to help you carry them."
  "Children," Jaemin said.
  And that ended that.  For ten seconds.
  Haechan sent another text:  "Feed me."
  Renjun groaned and said, "I hate you."
  He giggled and said, "I know you do.  I'm still hungry though."
  "Fine," he yelled.  "I'll feed you."

 

>>>Read Chapter 7:  Time Flies, We Fly [P1/2]

The Dreamies have fun - and are their devious selves.

They're setting up for a delicious meal & some more vampy stuff is revealed - as well as Chenle and his Donor transition issue.

Plus, vampire strength being downplayed in front of cameras can be entertaining. ;) [CH7]

 

Don't forget to UPVOTE if you enjoyed it :)