The confession

100 Confessions

It's been 2 months we have become friends and Asahi already used to have me around him during the lunch break. Since the first day I talked to him, I've been eating with him every lunch and some people thought there's something between us so no one sitting with us during the break.

Asahi being open a bit with me, like now we can have a talk while eating so no more awkward silence between us. He told me that he had joined the soccer team and will probably stay back in the evening for the training. Because a few days ago I asked him to walk together back from school since we went in the same direction but now I guess we can't do that since he will stay for training.

"Hey, how about we change to walking to school together then? Since we can't walk home together, going to school together would be nice too." I give him an idea which I know he will not agree with.

"Why do we need to do that? I bet I'll be late if we're walking to school together. I always see you coming running to the main gate before it gets close to the security. I don't want that, it's tiring and bothersome." We've been friends for 2 months now and I'm surprised that I can stay friends with her that long despite her extraordinary character.

"I promise we will not be late, for your sake I'll get up early in the morning. Why don't we use bicycles to school? That would be much faster than walking." That idea suddenly popped in my mind, cycling together to school would be that youth romance I want to experience.

"Ami. I don't know what is inside your head but you are always requesting things that I don't like. I like bicycles but I don't want to ride with you." I just rejected her idea, sometimes she is a bit excited with this romantic idea that she wants to do with me. I get it that she likes me but I'm not interested. I still remember the day she confessed to me.

It was during the last 2 weekends, she asked me out to go to the food truck festival because her favourite ice-cream truck will be there. Since it's about food then I'll just go with her and everything is good not until we are sitting under the tree at the park. She just confessed out of the blue.

"Asahi, do you know that I like you? Suki da yo (I like you)." I look at him with a smile, I don't know if he noticed that I blushed a bit after that.

"That's too sudden. Is this kind of joke?" She's really unpredictable, I didn't see that coming. We just finished the ice-cream that she has been pining to eat this whole week and then suddenly she's confessing.

"NO. I'm really confessing to you right now. I have liked you since the opening ceremony, that's why I want to be your friend first so that we can get close. Suki da yo ne." I bet my cheeks are getting red now, I look at him and I know he's a bit confused now.

"I'm sorry Ami, this is too sudden. And sorry but I don't have any feelings towards you. I can't return your feelings then and please don't make things awkward or I can't be friends with you anymore." This is it, I need to reject her right away or she will not stop.

"Are you rejecting me. It's okay, you don't have to answer it now. I'll give you time?" I know he will reject me but this is too soon and without thinking about it. He sure doesn't like me though.

"Yes, I am rejecting you and no I don't need time to think about it. If you are done, let's go home."

That's how Ami's confession ends. I just rejected her like that and both of us went home with that awkward silence. But the next day she just acts like nothing happened and everything is back to normal, I don't know what's going inside her head but she's a bit admirable.

"You know what Sahi? I'll be confessing to you 100 times until you say yes. So you'll be getting a lot of confessions from me. You need to be prepared." After he rejects me, I'm a bit sad but I'll not give up.

That's how the confessions thingy happened. After her first confessions, I think I got like 3 random confessions from her. She will confess whenever she likes, sometimes when she's so happy or like the other day when she watched my soccer match during our PE class. I made a goal and she just shouting from the side "Asahi, daisukiiii" and because of that the whole school know that she's having a crush on me and it's still one-sided love. That makes me look bad tho.

"So, are we walking to school together starting tomorrow?" I'm really hoping that he will agree with that.

"No, that's it. That's my only answer." I don't want this topic getting dragged, I will just stop it like this or else she'll be pinning me non-stop.

"Awww, too bad then." I'm sad though, I will have less time to see Asahi after this. With his student council meeting in the early morning and soccer training in the evening. Lunch is the only time I had.

I went to his class this morning to greet him before class started but today he's not at his seat.

"Asahiiiii." I popped my head inside his class door looking for him.

"Hi Ami-chan. You're looking for Asahi-kun?" Takumi, one of his classmates, approached me.

Most of his classmates know me because I always come to their class and hang out with him during lunch too. And additional with the soccer match incident. Yeah the confession in front of everyone.

"Like always, where's he?" I don't see him in his class tho, I was so excited to see him this morning.

"He has a student council meeting with the committee members. I think they'll be late since this is regarding the Light Festival that our school will be organizing soon."

"Ahhhh I see. It's okay, I'll just see him during lunch break then. Thank you Takumi." I thanked him and waved a bit before going back to my class.

I got robbed by these two activities. It kept Asahi so busy and I didn't get much time to be with him.