Friends again

100 Confessions

It is still raining outside, I just wait until it stops because I forgot to bring my umbrella so I just stay in the art room till the late evening. I don't really notice that time has passed till the sun rays shine through the window. "Ahhh, the rain has stopped. I should get going. I'll just leave this drawing here since I'm the only one using this art room for now."

 

She cleans up the room first before going back home. On her way out of the school building, she heard someone calling her and turn around to see Asahi coming in her direction.

 

"Amiiii. Wait up!"

 

"You are still here?" I was surprised that he was still here, I thought everyone had gone home now.

 

"Yeah, we had short practice after the rain stopped just now. Then the coach called it a day."

 

"Ahhh, the coach is very dedicated. I hope your team will win in the tournament."

 

"What if our team wins, you will do the confession again?" I just want to , it's been a while I didn't see her especially the confessions that she always does but now it has stopped after that day.

 

"Should I?" I laughed after that because I knew he was just joking. I don't want to burden him with that again.

 

"So should we go home now?" I changed the topic because I'm afraid she will be uncomfortable.

 

"You want to walk together? That's so very rare of you Mr. Hamada." I'm a bit shocked when he said that, like never in the world I thought he would.

 

"Let's go." I walk towards the school main gate and look at my back and see her still standing there. 

 

"Aren't you coming?"

 

"Yes, wait." Is this for real? Asahi himself is willing to walk home together. I'm so happy today. 

 

On our way home we didn't really talk much, we just walked and I stole a glance at him but not until Asahi started the conversations. The atmosphere is a bit awkward.

 

"You know Ami, I want to apologize for lashing out at you before this." I look at her with an apologetic look. "I know I have hurt you. And I know you are sad too. I noticed you avoided me so many times. That's why we never see each other often in school anymore, you always run from me whenever we bump into each other." I told her that I know she's trying to avoid me this whole time.

 

"Ohhh that, urmm... I ... just..." I went speechless with the sudden topic he brought up. I never thought he would notice that. I thought he never cared.

 

"I'm really sorry, looking back when we started becoming friends I think it's a bit precious even though you are a bit troublesome with the confessions but my days filled with your happy virus. And I don't want to ruin our friendship too. So I'm really sorry." I realized that my life will never be the same after she avoided me because the incident occurred in my class last time.

 

"I'm sorry if I bothered you a lot. You know the moment I was away from you for a month made me realize that I'm really out of your league. Seeing you from afar is enough to tell me that you are too perfect for me and I don't know if I deserved you. You are the star of our school, the best student, the ace of the soccer team. Everyone liked you, all of them adored you."

 

"What are you trying to say?' I don't know why she brought this up.

 

"What I'm trying to say is I'll become a better version of me. Then I'll find you myself again. I also want to achieve something that will make myself proud." I smiled at him, I don't really have the confidence anymore. He's so far to reach for now.

 

"Ami...I don't think that necessary. You are already enough. I just want to be back like we used to. Becoming friends again. I don't mind how many times you confessed to me, I'm already used to it.

 

"I will take that. My confession will never stop, it's just that I'll take my time away from you. If I have the confidence back. I'll come to you again. Of course we are still friends but I won't bother your lunch break or even during your soccer training anymore. I have done that for a month now and I still can do it." I give him a smile, that evening the breeze is so cold that it makes my heart cold too but seeing Asahi will melt it down.

 

"But I know you are always watching me from the tree though." I broke the seriousness with that tease. And both of us laughed at it.

 

"Hey I thought you didn't notice me there."

 

"How can I not notice it when I feel your eyes is on me the whole time."

 

"Since today is the first time you asked me to walk home together. I..." 

 

"Am I getting another confession?" I'm a bit excited though I know I will still reject it but her confession is something that I always look forward to now. A month without her, I've received a lot of confessions from other girls but none of them feel like Asami's confession.

 

"Yes, sukida (I like you) Asahi. Bye, we've reached my house." I smiled at him and ran towards my house just a few meters from where we were standing.

 

"Hey, I haven't given the answer yet." I tried to call her back.

 

"It's okay because I know what the answers are." I looked back at him and waved. "See you again at school. Suki-da yoooo (I like you a lot)" 

 

I just smiled at her sudden confession. "I think I really miss her confession. I can't wait to see how far this thing will go. She really made my school days exciting."