Soccer training

100 Confessions

I choose to stay after school too since I want to watch his soccer training. I just sit at the bench while watching the coach give the team instructions. Asahi was picked as the striker and he positioned at the center, he looks more handsome when he plays soccer with his whole heart. I can see his passion.

"Asahi-kunnnnn! Ganbatte!" I cheered him from the side, he look a bit tired now. I don't know when his training will be end, I forgot to ask him that. It's okay I can just go back home later with him. That's my whole intentions.

I looked at the side of the field and when I heard someone shouting my name. Well I can see that familiar face at the bench now. Asami is here. From this moment I know that my life will be chaotic because of her, 2 years more until we graduate. I don't know how I can handle this but I hope sometimes she will just stop it. She was still waving at me with her "ganbatte, ganbatte".

It's break time and we sat at the player bench when Coach Nobu came our way and sat with us. Everyone looks so tired since this is the first day of training, we didn't really get used to it for now.

"Is that your girlfriend?" Coach Nobu asks me since Asami has been cheering for me since the training started.

"No, she's not my girlfriend. She's always like that, we're just friends." I stated the fact.

"Oh I see, she seems so enthusiastic. It's good to have a friend like that and having her today is really great too. She keeps cheering for you but the positive vibes can be spread to other members too." Coach Nobu just smiled at me and gave a quick wink.

"Ahhh coach, not you too." I know he is teasing me. I know he knows about me and Asami, things have spread around teachers too now.

"Yeah, it's true. It keeps us alive during the training." Hito, one of my soccer teammates, agreed with what our coach said just now.

"What? You know Asami is a good girl, it's just that she is so energetic. But I think that's her charm. I hope you will get along with her, I heard that you keep rejecting her huh?"

"Where did you hear that from? I don't know if you are the type to gossip about your students." I back.

"You don't have to change the topic. For your information, most of the teachers already knew, especially her homeroom teacher. It's okay, you need to enjoy your youth. Things like this will make you look back and smile later." Coach Nobu gave him a pat on his back.

After that all of us just sit there in silence while watching the evening sky, there's a soft breeze blowing softly on our face. The weather is so good today. Few minutes later, Asami comes near us and gives each one of us a cold isotonic drink.

"Hi everyone, I'm Harada Asami. Asahi's friend." I introduced myself to Asahi's soccer team and gave out all the drinks that I bought from the vending machine.

Everyone greeted Asami back with a thank you for the drinks she gave them.

"Thank you for coming to watch our training. Your enthusiasm spreads like a positive virus around us. You should keep coming to watch us, especially Asahi." And again coach Nobu teased us.

"I will come often then." I'm so happy that his soccer team is welcoming me and of course I"ll be coming again whenever Asahi has his training session.

"Ok we'll continue training for another 30 minutes then wrap it up for today." After a 5 minutes break, coach Nobu gathers everyone back.

"Coach, can I sit at this bench? This is much closer than that bench." Asami asked permission from the coach and pointed at the bench that she sat on before this.

"Yes, just sit wherever you feel comfortable. If you come again, just sit here. You'll get a better view." The teasing will never end.

They resume back the training and everyone got worked so up and 30 minutes has passed, all walk with a tired face. Asami at the side keep cheering them because she knows that everyone is getting tired already.

"Ok, good game for today. Even it just the first day but it still great. I hope we can keep this momentum until the tournament. After this, everyone go back and have a rest. Let's meet again on Wednesday." Coach Nobu end the training with a proud clap.

Asami sit beside Asahi and whisper to him. "I thought you guys will have training every evening?" She's so curious because she just heard that coach Nobu said see on Wednesday.

"For the first month, we will be having training only on every Monday, Wednesday and Friday." I just blurted it out without thinking about the consequences.

"I see, so we still can walk back home together on Tuesday and Thursday right?" I give Asahi the most pretty smile I have.

"Oh no, not that again." I facepalm my face when that topic comes up again. She really hasn't given up.

"What? Even though you refused it, I still came to watch your training and we still walked home together."

"I don't know what to say anymore, you are always doing whatever you want. That's it, let's just go home. I'm tired now." I don't have any energy to bicker with her anymore, I just want to be home and take a cold shower.

The sky is fully covered with orange colour and the evening wind is so calming, we walked back home together while appreciating the beautiful evening.

"Omg, Asahi look! There are rainbow clouds there. So pretty. This is so rare." She pointed at the rainbow clouds while looking at Asahi with a wide smile.

"Yeah, it's pretty. It is called as iridescent rainbow clouds."

"Well, since the sky looks beautiful this evening..." I stopped and turn around to face Asahi and look into his eyes with a smile. "Asahiiii, daisuki (I like you)." I looked at his shocked face and smiled again.

"Gomen (sorry) but like always, I can't accept that." After few of random confessions from her, I'm getting used to it now but sometimes I got shocked by it too.

"Hmmmm another rejection." I take out my small notebook that I carry in my blazer pocket just in case things like this happened. I counted the confession that I've made so far, the current one would be my fifth. The fourth is when I gave him the drink just now, it just a whispers but enough for him to hear and he rejects it right away too.