I miss Asahi

100 Confessions

"Asahiiiiii." I looked into his class to find him. As for today, I went to his class on lunch break because he said that he will not be at the cafeteria for this whole month, they are busy preparing for the Light festival.

 

"Oh God Asami. Didn't I say that I can't eat lunch with you." He's a bit furious right now because she just ignored what he told her this morning.

 

"I thought we could eat in your class together." I'm a bit surprised with his behavior, he never behaves like that.

 

"No, can you just give me some space and time. I think I've compromised a lot with all your requests and that's enough to pay back all my rejections. I think you should stop now. I'm not eating with you anymore." I lashed out at everything that I want to say, I don't want any rumours about us anymore.

 

"But why?"

 

"Don't you see? I have my friends too, don't you think that I want to eat with them? You should eat with the others too. Your world not only revolves around me. Please be more mature, can you get out of my class now? Please."

 

I stood there while the other student was watching us. I know what Asahi meant by that, but that's a bit harsh tho. "I'm sorry. I'll go now." I don't know but this is much more hurtful than being rejected by him countless times. I ran out from his class and went to our school rooftop.

 

After that incident Asami always eats her bento alone at the rooftop. She doesn't really have a friend to hang out because since the first day of school she's always been with Asahi the most. Her classmates are always jealous of her since she's close with him. That's why she's always alone.

 

"Maybe I should start being friends with everyone in my class. There's few of them that are kind to me." I talked to myself while eating my bento.

 

When she's on her way to her class, she saw Asahi with his friends in the school corridor. Asahi is laughing at his friend's joke.

 

"He never laughed like that around me. We've been friends for months now but I have never seen him happy like that. Maybe I'm the one who keeps him away from his happiness." I looked at him and our eyes met, he just gave me a small nod and I smiled at him.

 

I rarely see him for the time being, I don't have any courage to face him like I always did. After being apart for some times, I just realized that I'm really out of his league. He's so admirable, and I'm not even close to being perfect like him. Watching him from afar really makes me realized that both of us is just like heaven and earth. 

 

So every time I see him, I'll just avoid him before he sees me. There's nothing good coming from it, if we see each other I will feel bad about myself.

 

It's been a month we haven't talked with each other, I mean seeing each other because I've been avoiding him this whole time. But I do watch him training sometimes in the evening, I just don't sit at the bench. I sit under the tree that is a bit far from the field but still can see him from there. I'm also busy preparing for my art competition, that's why sometimes I paint under this tree because my inspiration is here. I miss him.

 

"So she's there this whole time. I thought she wouldn't come anymore." I looked at the tree a bit far from the field, I still can recognize that girl is Asami. I just noticed like a few days ago I saw someone sitting under the tree and doing some sketching. turns out it was her. We haven't seen each other a lot since that day and I rarely see her in school. We never really bumped into each other anymore like she used to do before this.

 

Suddenly it rains and all of the soccer team is running inside the school building, Asami quickly covered her artwork with his jacket and ran inside the building and she didn't notice that the soccer team was there either. She is just busy making sure her artwork is safe from the sudden downpour.

 

"Ami..."

 

"Eh. Hi, Asahi." I smiled at him. I didn't notice they were here either.

 

"What are you doing here?" I pretend that I didn't see her at the field because I was just curious what she has been up to lately.

 

"Ahhhh, I was doing my artwork." I still hugged my drawing tightly.

 

"Hi, Asami right? I haven't seen you coming to watch the training anymore." Coach Nobu was also there and he asked me the questions that I was hoping he didn't ask.

 

"Hi coach, o-hisashiburi desu ne (long time no see). I'm a bit busy preparing for my art competition, that's why I rarely come now." I bet the coach doesn't know that Asahi and I are not that close anymore but I don't want the coach to have a bad idea about us. Let's just say we're busy with our own life now.

 

"I thought you broke up with Asahi, that's why you are not coming."

 

"Oh no coach, you got the wrong idea. I'm not his girlfriend." I'm a bit happy to hear that even though it's not true. I looked at Asahi. He just gives me a look that he always gives.

 

Asahi came near me and he stood beside me, he tried to talk but ended up not saying anything. I just smiled at him. He doesn't know how much I miss him.

 

"I'm sorry but I need to go to the art room now, while waiting for the rain to stop, I can continue with my drawing there." I told them that I needed to go to the art room, I don't really want to stand near Asahi at this moment. I feel like running because I'm afraid he will feel annoyed again.

 

Asahi just looked at me as soon as I walked away from where we were standing.