The first sight

100 Confessions

It started on that day, on our first year of senior high school opening ceremony. That's the first time I saw him on the stage giving the opening speech, since he's the best student in our grade, the principal chose him as our representative. The moment I saw him, I knew this was love at the first sight.

 

Hi, I'm Harada Asami and I have a crush on Hamada Asahi. See, even our name is in the same rhythm. I believe that fate made us meet at this school. But sadly fate also makes my love life a bit difficult, I'm not in the same class as him because I'm taking the art stream and he is in the science stream. As much as I love Asahi, I still love art more.

 

It's okay, our class is just 2 rooms away. I still can see him whenever I'm on my way to the toilet or cafeteria. And I believe there's always a way to get closer to him.

 

It's during a lunch break, I saw him eating alone at the table near the window. And I see this as an opportunity so I quickly approached him by seating in front of him.

 

"Hi, can I sit here?" I smiled at him.

 

"But you already sitting there"

 

"Nevermind. Hi, I'm Harada Asami" I held out my name, hoping that he would take it. But sadly he just stared at my hand with a blank expression.

 

"Do we know each other?" This girl is weird, why is she suddenly coming here and introducing herself. Should I change my seat?

 

"No we are not but soon we will be" I proudly said to him, please Asahi let's be friends first.

 

Asahi didn't feel like talking more to the girl in front of him so he just continued with his lunch. He acts like Asami is not there. But she doesn't want to give up yet so she tries to talk with him again.

 

"Do you usually eat alone?" I look around to see if anyone will come to our table or not.

 

"Sometimes" I replied short. I don't know what this girl wants, can she just eat in silence.

 

"Ahhh I see, so I think it would not be a problem if I eat with you every lunch right? It would be good to have company when you eat" I offered myself to be his lunch buddy.

 

"And why should I agree with that? We are not even friends to begin with, I don't know you and which class are you from?" This girl is really something, I just want to eat my lunch at peace.

 

"I already introduced my name just now, right? I'm Harada Asami but you can call me Ami, from class 1-3 art stream. Can we be friends, and can you introduce your name too even though I already know it?" Omg did I sound creepy? Nevermind, my goal for today is to be friends with Asahi.

 

"You know what? You are quite weird but since you are insisting, I'm Hamada Asahi as you already know right? Just call me Asahi." I don't know why I give in but this girl will never give up for sure.

 

"So that means, we are friends now right?" I'm so happy right now that I can even hug him but I didn't.

 

"Yeah whatever floats your boat. So now can we eat in silence?" Ahhh finally, I want to enjoy my bento. My cream bun is waiting to be eaten here.

 

So after both of them settled with the friendship thingy, both of them just enjoyed their lunch in silence and Asami can't stop smiling at Asahi whenever their eyes meet.