Chapter 1

The Fill-in Bride

The entire yacht was decorated with pink roses. Jimin guided his lover who was blindfolded onto the deck. His heart was about to explode thinking about the future with his lover. He had planned this proposal for a couple of years already. He decided to make a proposal on a yacht decorated will her favourite colour and her favourite flower. Choi Joeun squealed in excitement, how romantic this man can be? Jimin loves making surprises for her and showering her with flowers and never-ending love which cause her to feel giddy every time he makes this kind of surprise. 

"Just be patient, you're gonna love it," Jimin whispered to her ears as he wrapped his arm around her slender shoulder. 

"Jimin-ah! What kind of surprise are you giving me?" 

Joeun or her other name is Joy gasped as soon as Jimin take away the blindfold. She was on a yacht decorated with all objects that causes her to recall their five years of memories together. A big proud smile appeared on Jimin's face as he look at Joeun who was on the verge of tears. He could tell that she loves it. Both of them sat on the front part of the yacht and enjoy their lovely short escape in the middle of the big sea. Jimin's heart was about to stop when he realized that he was still unable to ask the most awaited question to her. 

"Jimin, why are you looking so lost right now?" Joy asked as she touched Jimin's face who seems lost in his own thought. 

Jimin pops a smile on his face and leans into the touch. He loves the way she always touches his face lovingly. She had that hand that causes Jimin's heart to flip and twist every time she touch him. Jimin squinted his eyes as he reduce the distance between him and the woman. Joy smiles brightly as she looks into those beautiful eyes that belong to Jimin. 

"Choi Joeun?" He whispered as he keep his gaze on her eyes. 

"Yes..." She raised an eyebrow as she whispered back at the man. 

"Will you marry me?" Jimin asked the question with a low whispering voice to her ears which causes the woman to look at him in shock. 

"W-what?" She's move backward as look at him clearly. 

"Choi Joeun, will you marry me?" 

"... " 

"I want the world to know that you are mine. I want to build a family with you." 

"... " 

"I want to wake up to your face and proudly make breakfast for you every day..." He continue, as Joy was seems too stunned to say anything. 

"S-sure..." Joeun smiles as she stammered on her words. She slowly reach out her hands to Jimin that was ready to put on the ring on her finger. 

 

 

"Good morning!" Kwon Mari said to greet the customer that walk through the door of the coffee shop where she was working at. She was a part-timer at a coffee shop and she is in charge of the cashier. Her smiles reach her eyes when she spotted the man that she waited was queueing in line to get his coffee. 

"This is your receipt, your coffee will be done in a minute," Mari said to the customer as she handed a buzzer to the customer. 

Mari keep a smile on her face as the man named Kim Taehyung stood in front of her with his beautiful grey suit. The man looks amazing in his formal wear. She styled her hair in a cute braid today just to impress the man. Kim Taehyung was a man that notices her appearance changes. If she ever put on another shade of red on her lips, he will be the first person that will point it out and compliment her. 

"Good morning Taehyung-shi, may I get your order?" She asked him with a cheery tone. 

"Good morning Mari-shi, the braid looks good on you," Taehyung said as he pointed at her braid. 

"Thank you for your compliment, what can I get you today?" 

"Hot mocha with two pumps of syrup and chicken sandwich to go, please," He said without even glancing at the menu. 

He was a loyal customer of the coffee shop since before Mari become a part-time worker there. He was a good friend to the coffee shop owner. Mari handed the receipt to the handsome man with a buzzer. Taehyung scrunched his nose as he accepted the receipt and the buzzer before he went to an empty table to wait for his drinks to be done. In less than a second, the owner of the coffee shop came out and greet Taehyung.

"Hoseok-ah! Are you going to RCove tonight?" Taehyung exchanges some high touch with the man who owns the coffee shop called Jung Hoseok. 

"What are we celebrating tonight?" 

"Jimin's engagement," 

"Wait, what? Did he proposes to her already?" 

"Yup, he did it last night," 

"Finally! His wait will be over and Madam Park will be over the moon about the news," 

"Oh, my buzzer is ringing. I should go, see ya later," Taehyung lift his but from the sitting position and walked to the bar and collect his drink and sandwich. Mari bowed her head to the man when their eyes clashed accidentally. Taehyung smiled at the girl before he left the coffee shop. Mari took a cloth and wipe the counter while suppressing her blossoming smile. Taehyung just smile at her while he picked up his coffee. 

"Maria~! One chamomile tea for me please~!" Hoseok said as he make his way back to his small office at the back of the coffee shop. 

Mari nodded her head to her boss and make chamomile tea for him. Hoseok called her Maria even though she corrected him a couple of times. He just ignores her correct name and calls her however he wants. Mari pours the tea into Hoseok's favourite cup and put it on a tray. She then asked the barista named Kang Taehyun to look over the cashier machine while she send the tea to her boss. 

"This is your tea," Mari said as soon as she put down the tray on Hoseok's table. 

"What time are you going to your college today?" 

"I got a class at eleven, I'll be going in another hour," 

"Okay," He nodded his head as he flipped some pages of the coffee shop budget plans. 

 

 

Mari walked into the lawn of her campus and waved at her friend, Yubin. Yubin ran towards Mari as soon as she spot her. Her Gucci backpack and her Prada dress cause Mari to chuckle as she looks at her friend walking down on the asphalt as if it was a runaway. Yubin was a rich kid with powerful family background, but she was a very humble person. She hangs out with Mari without checking over her social status. Mari was an orphan that live with her grandma and work extra hours to pay for her college fees but none of that mattered to Yubin. 

"Mari, our class will end pretty early today. Would you like to go clubbing with me?" 

"No, I don't think that I have time for that. I need to do a night shift at the convenience store," Mari sighed with a smile at Yubin. 

"Oh Gosh, Mari! Tonight I was invited to Jeon Jungkook's birthday party at RCove!"Yubin said while wailing her hands upward in excitement. 

"Jeon Jungkook? T-that Jeon Jungkook? The singer??" Mari looks at her friend in disbelief. How would someone like Jeon Jungkook invite college students like Yubin to his birthday party? Knowing that Yubin had been his fan for the longest time made Mari to be excited for her friend too. Yubin nodded her head in excitement and show her the screen of her phone. 

"Yeah, I got this invitation through my brother. I mean, my brother is the owner of RCove so yeah... I asked for some favour," Yubin rolled her eyes while making a proud face. Being the last child in the family definitely is beneficial for her lifestyle. Mari laughed and patted her friend's arm. She was proud of Yubin's never-ending effort of supporting the singer Jeon Jungkook. 

"So, Kwon Mari, you need to come with me~! Please~! Pretty, please!" Yubin said as she pulled Mari's arm and whined. Mari laughed and nodded her head as she look at Yubin's excited friend. She'll text her supervisor that she could not do the night shift tonight.

 

"Happy Birthday!" Mari extended her hand for a handshake with the celebrity. The male celebrity just put on a short smile and received the short handshake.  Mari look at Yubin who failed to mutter a single word to the celebrity that was standing in front of them right now. Yubin keeps her head low as she observes the male celebrity in front of her and refuses any eye contact with him. She was extremely shy. 

"Thank you for your wishes," Jungkook replied as he makes way to another part of the room to greet more people. 

"Yah! Yubin-ah! You should use your chance to talk to him," Mari said as she look at Yubin who seems so flustered right now. 

"No, I can't do it. He's-s t-to good looking. Let's get out of here and meet my brother," Yubin said and walked out from the private lounge allocated for Jungkook's birthday. RCove is like a big space for events, it is a nightclub, a lounge and even a pub with different spaces for each. It even has a few small rooms for a private party. Every part of the place was high ended and everyone that came there look extremely expensive. A place that people like her would never dare to step in. Yubin walked forwards heading to the upper floor of the building, reaching a floor with a beautiful dark theme interior with dark purple backlight. Before long, she arrived in front of a room with a black door with the alphabet V.I.P engraved on it. 

"Oppa~!! I'm here!" Yubin opened the door to the VIP room and ran to her brother who just chuckles when he saw her there. 

"Are you here alone?" Yubin's brother or known as Namjoon asked as he pulled his sister into a short hug. 

"I'm with Mari tonight. Mari, come here. This is my brother Kim Namjoon," Yubin pulled Mari to come closer to her brother. Mari bowed her head to the man with a polite smile on her face.  She was very much self-aware with the way she dressed tonight. She was wearing a silver-coloured string-sleeved top paired with black skinny jeans, she exposed too much of the upper body's skin, which makes her uncomfortable introducing herself to Yubin's brother. 

"Mari-shi? Is that you?" A foreign voice causes Yubin and Mari to turn their head to look at the people who were currently sitting on the huge sofa. 

Mari's eyes bulged at the sight of Kim Taehyung in there smiling at her like how he used to whenever he saw her. Taehyung was seated with another man at his side. Mari bowed her head to the two men as she put on a smile on her face. Her eyes focused on Taehyung who looks effortlessly stunning with a white half-buttoned shirt and grey slack. He probably just got back from work. 

"I didn't know you come to this kind of place," Taehyung stood up and walked towards Mari with a smirk playing on his lips. 

"We're here to celebrate someone's birthday," Mari replied as she nervously tuck her hair, feeling embarrassed as Taehyung stared at her as if he would eat her alive. 

"So, what makes you come to this room?" Namjoon interrupted.

"I just want to say hello," Yubin stated with her cheerful voice. "See you guys later!! Bye~!" Yubin added before she pulled Mari out of the VIP room. Her brother was pretty protective of her. He hates it when his friends stare at her longer than necessary. Mari and Yubin make their way to the first floor of the building where the main nightclub space was located. Both of the girls dances to the loud music and get drunk as the night darkened. 

Mari was totally drunk when she walked back to the bar. She sat on the bar's stool while watching Yubin continue to dance. She look down at her phone, it was 3 in the morning. Mari shook her head as the alcohol in her blood makes her hallucinate and see Kim Taehyung was sitting beside her. She chuckled as soon as the Taehyung in her hallucination that looks at her with a smirk on his face. 

"Taehyung-shi, I really!" She leaned forward to reduce her distance from the Taehyung. 

"Really what?" He asked as he raised one of his brow at her. 

"I really, really, really, very, like you. Your smile could make my heart stop for a moment," She chuckled feeling the heat rushing to her face. 

"Well, I like you too Mari-shi. You're really pretty," Taehyung said as he reached out his hand to touch her flowy hair. Mari nodded her head as she smile giddily. 

"Oh! Oh! Really?? Do you like me too? Do you want to marry me?" 

"Do you want to come with me Mari-shi?"

 

 

Jimin walked into his mother's house where he rarely went. He already called her and inform her that he had already proposed. Which causes Madam Park to be so excited to see her only son get married. Jimin rang the bell to the huge mansion that belongs to his mother's new family. In less than 10 minutes, a few maids came out to greet the young man. 

"Good evening, young master, welcome home!" The maids bowed their heads as Jimin walked through the iron gate. 

"Jimin-ah!!!" A woman in her mid-50s came out from the front door of the mansion. She opened her arm wide to welcome her only son to come and hug her. Jimin smiled and arranged his steps towards his mother to hug her. It had been two years since the last time he met her. Since she got married to a new man 13 years ago, Jimin rarely got the chance to meet her. Both mother and son were seated in the living room of the mansion, looking at each other without saying anything. The woman just smiles as her eyes become teary when she look at Jimin. He's grown to be a responsible man with a good manner despite being raised in an incomplete family. 

"Why didn't you bring your fiance with you?" 

"She's a little busy. You'll meet her when it's time.." Jimin replied remembering his messages were left unread by Joy. 

"Jimin-ah, I really wanted to do the planning for your wedding. Let me be the one who does everything for your wedding, please~!" The mother sat beside him and clutched his hands with a really bright smile on her face. She might not be able to be with Jimin for the most part of his life but she wanted to take part in handling his wedding. 

"B-but-" 

"Let's do your wedding at the Hilton's hall. And I have already looked for a suitable date, I think the third of March will be such a beautiful date to hold your wedding," She unlocked her phone and shows him the screen of her phone. She has already booked the hall, the wedding dress and caterer for his wedding. 

"Omma, what is this? Why are you deciding the date for me??" Jimin asked as he was shocked to see the preparation that his mother made. 

"Why?? You don't like it?" Madam Park looks at her son as her face become sullen. 

"... " Both of them suddenly turn silent. Jimin did not want to make his mother upset. His relationship with his mother might be awkward but looking at her sad face makes Jimin feel like a bad son for making his mother sad. Jimin look at his mother for a couple of minutes before a smile reappeared on his face. 

"Okay, omma. Let's do it on the third of March. I'm sure my fiance will love it too," Jimin said and the mother could not help but pull her son into a hug. She's glad that Jimin likes the date that she chooses for him.

 

Six weeks later, ~ 

"Taehyung-ah! Why didn't you come to my coffee shop anymore?"  Hoseok asked as soon as he spotted Taehyung was running on a treadmill in the gym. Taehyung stops his running session in shock and turned his head to look at his friend. Hoseok was smiling at him brightly just how he used to. Taehyung looks at Hoseok with a guilty face before he steps down from the treadmill and pull Hoseok to a private area. 

"It's awkward for me to be there..." Taehyung whispered slowly at Hoseok who seems confused listening to his words. Taehyung didn't know how to put the words for him but the things that happened between him and Mari were pure mistakes. He went crazy when he saw Mari at RCove looking so stunning and attractive to his drunk mind. Both Taehyung and Mari wake up in each other's arms the next morning. He thought it ended just like that but Mari came to his house again the next day and commit the same thing again like the previous night. Taehyung gave Mari his phone number with the thought of Mari just wanted a casual relationship with no strings attached but the third time they meet each other after the drunk night she was determined to make him her boyfriend. Since then, Taehyung decided to not appear in front of the woman and move to another apartment that belongs to him just to avoid Mari from looking for him. 

"Yah!! Are you ing crazy Kim Taehyung?? You ed my worker?" Hoseok gasped in disbelief as he look at the now panicking Kim Taehyung. 

"I messed up, it's not like I'm really attracted to her or anything-" 

"Yah!! You just ruined an innocent girl just because of your raging mating hormone. Which of that situations sit right in your brain Kim Taehyung?" Hoseok asked as he shook his head. Taehyung the man who hates commitment won't ever want to be attached to any woman. Hoseok sighed again as he rubbed his temple. He was well aware that Mari was a pretty girl and it is not normal to be attracted to her, that was why he hired her to be the cashier to his coffee shop. He never expected his best friend Kim Taehyung would sleep with the cashier he hired.

"She's crazy! She wanted me to marry her! Can you imagine that? Which sane woman will marry a man like me? I hate marriage the most," Taehyung replied. He never wanted marriage or anything related to it. He would not deny that Kwon Mari was one hell of a good looking woman but her weird obsession over him and just because he ed her once or twice is unacceptable for him. 

"If my relationship with Mari ever got awkward. I just want you to know that you are the reason for it. And if the sales of my coffee flop this month, you are at fault!" Hoseok yelled as he flicked Taehyung's forehead before he make his way to a rowing machine and work out his pectoralis muscles. 

 

 

[Main news: Joy will be making a Hollywood debut. The actress had already been heading to America for movie filming for two years.] 

Park Jimin's face turn pale as he his television. The wedding was only one week from now. Jimin took out his phone from his back pocket and dialled for Choi Joeun a few times. She better picks up the call or he'll lose his mind. He remembered calling her three days ago and she seems okay with all of his plans and the date that his mother chose. Jimin closed his eyes again and wished the news to be fake. Suddenly his phone buzzed, notifying him that he received a message.

Sender: Love:  Jimin, the director suddenly gave me a last-minute call telling me that I'm chosen to be part of the film and needed to get to America by today. Let's talk about marriage later.