❄️ chapter 6: to help my family

Spring Snowflakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter soundtrack:
crystal flower - second moon

 

❄️ 

 

 

"Eun Youngro?"

.

At that moment, Youngro wanted to disappear into thin air. She shut her eyes closed as she bowed deeply to the Crown Prince.

"Your Highness!" Once she was done greeting him properly, she stood up straight, facing him while her eyes were gazing down, avoiding his eyes. From her point of view, she could see how the prince looked like from his chin to his feet. He was wearing a set of cream blazer and trousers. His shoes were polished black, it looked so shiny that Youngro would believe if he said it was newly purchased this morning.

"I... I apologize but I really have to go to the restroom..." she said in a low tone. 

The Crown Prince didn't respond right away. Instead, he spent some good seconds to study the woman in front of him named Eun Youngro, the one who will be his bride to be. He had seen her profile that morning, and saw some of her pictures as well. He knew she was the one who splashed hot coffee on his body days ago. My destiny is a comedy...

Not getting any response, Youngro lifted her face, trying to see Sooho. She found the Crown Prince's black orbs eyeing her, his face looked cold— almost intimidating. She could see his face more clearly now. He looked charismatic with his black hair slicked back, showing his forehead and exposing more of his sharp facial features. 

Youngro couldn't lie, he looked way better in person. Way better than how he looked like on the pictures she usually saw on newspapers, social medias, or online articles. Or even the way he looked like from far away, whenever Youngro saw him at the campus.

Oh but now, however, the woman really had to go. Her bladders were almost reached its limit.

"May... I?"

Sooho, who was standing in front of her step aside, "Well then, go on." He nodded curtly, then walked his way into the dining room, leaving Youngro at the door. That's when the guard approached her and helped her find the restroom inside the main palace.

 

 

"He knew... my name?"

Youngro stared blankly at her reflection on the restroom. She couldn't believe the Crown Prince just called her by her name? Her mind kept flying back to the moment Crown Prince Im Sooho, standing closely in front of her, and called her name.

"Ah... for sure they all have tracked me down and know all about me..." She closed her eyes and bit her lips, the nervous feeling came rushing back again. What if they saw something bad on her profile? She had always been a good person, and good student at school. A straight A student. No criminal history, for sure— or else, she would be killed by her mother. She's fine...

Except for her family background. 

What if the royal family turned her down? What if they don't want to be associated with a low class commoner like her.......

Slap! 

Youngro slapped her cheeks with both of her hands. No, Eun Youngro. You are more than that. 

She checked herself once again on the mirror, making sure she looked neat and proper. Maeng had done a great job. Youngro had always been a beautiful woman, however the simple and sweet look of makeup on her face, her long black hair styled with slight waves, the elegant looks of her overall outfit today— all of it lifted up her beauty to another level.

The girl pursed her lips together. "I can do this!"

 

❄️ 

 

Everyone was there in the dining room. The Queen, the Queen Dowager, Crown Prince, and the woman from the family who earned the royal engagement ring from the late King Im Soohyeok. In front of each of them on the table, various traditional Korean dishes had been served— and they're currently finishing their dessert.

Sooho calmly had his meal, while glancing at the woman who was seated accross him a few times. She looked awkward. And it was normal, he understood how it must felt like for her to be in this situation. What made him curious, however, was the reason why she wanted to meet the royal family this early? From what he heard, it was Eun Youngro's request to have this private meeting today and Secretary Gong didn't even know the reason why. As long as she had the royal engagement ring, there was no reason for Secretary Gong to turned down her offer, anyway.

"So... Eun Youngro," the Queen Dowager called, and the woman with doe eyes in front of him froze for a while, putting down her small spoon.

"Yes, your majesty?" Her voice sounded so soft, almost came as a whisper. 

Sooho's eyes moved to his grandmother. She looked so elegant today, wearing a scarlett red royal hanbok, and her hair was styled up in a Korean classic and traditional hairdo, with a big bun and a binyeo— a decorative large pin with a ruby stone holding the bun together. She was already in her 70s, almost reaching her 80 in the following years, but she always looked younger than her age. Maybe it was because she always had a good control of emotion. She barely looked stress, and always had this bright smile on her face. Or maybe, the dermatologist of the royal family just did a great job.

Just like how she always had been, the Queen Dowager shared a warm smile to Eun Youngro, hoping it could help the girl feels less nervous. "As we finish the dessert, can we see the royal engagement rings again? I want to see it side by side." She said.

Eun Youngro quickly nodded and smiled widely, trying her best to not looking at the Queen Dowager on her eyes. "Yes, of course, Your Majesty. That would be my pleasure." 

 

 

Both of Sooho's eyebrows raised as he was trying to learn Eun Youngro's expressions. As he finished his dessert, one of the maids who were standing on one side of the room approached him and took the clean plate away. 

"Thank you," he said to the maid which was responded with a bow from the maid. 

All of the plates were taken away, and the maids had left the dining room. Only the royal family, Eun Youngro, and a couple of royal palace staff including Secretary Gong were inside, then. Although the heater inside the room was working really well, Eun Youngro could feel her hands and feet freezing due to her nervousness. 

As requested, Secretary Gong approached the table and placed the opened royal engagement ring box from Eun family on the table surface in front of the Queen Dowager. At the same time, the other royal palace staff— who was working closely to the Queen Dowager, placed the royal family engagement ring box next to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter