❄️ chapter 31: the royal ballet show

Spring Snowflakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Ready to go?"

"Let's go, Sooho-ssi."

 

chapter soundtrack:
waltz of the flowers - tchaikovsky

 

❄️

 

The traffic in London turned out to be worse than Seoul that night. The venue of the ballet show was only around 4 kilometers away from their hotel and it would take around 10 minutes if there was no traffic. But then, they had spent almost 20 minutes inside the car.

The Crown Prince who was seated next to her continuously checking his Vacheron Constantin watch, shifting in his seat as if he was in a hurry. When Youngro finally moved her sight to him, she asked, "Sooho-ssi, the show will start in 5 minutes, right?"

"Yes," He answered. "I guess we will be late. Around 10 minutes." He frowned as he took a glance of his watch once again.

They were only three blocks away from the venue. But the traffic was crazy that night. They had checked the maps application before they departed, it said it wouldn't take more than 15 minutes at the latest, but there they were, stuck in the traffic. 

Kangmoo actually had offered Sooho to take the guards and patrols with him so they would help them go through the traffic faster. However, the Crown Prince declined as he didn't want to create such a scene in foreign country. 

But then, the show would start anytime soon and he was re-thinking his own decision.

 

 

 

 

"Chungya Kang! Get ready!"

"Yes, Ma'am!" 

They still had 3 minutes before the show. She just wanted to see him first before performing on the stage.

Chungya tried to peek once more from the backstage, making sure to keep herself hidden in the shadow, behind the curtains. Her eyes were scanning through the whole crowds inside the main auditorium of The Royal Opera House which shaped like a horseshoe. Thay way, she could easily find the seats which she chose for the Crown Prince— and his fiancée.

"One... two," Her finger counted on the levels of the hanging balconies. She had chosen the best seats for them. The second box from the second stage, on the second level. Right across the stage. That way, Im Sooho could easily find her when she's performing on stage.

When her eyes were darted to the box seatings— it's called the royal box, since it was the most expensive one with complete services: sitting room, dining room, butlers, even a private staircases— her eyes could find no one there.

Im Sooho had not arrived yet.

And the show was starting in less than one minute.

Chungya pursed her lips, looking displeased.

When her coach shouted her name once more, she quickly turned her heels and ran her way to her position.

The show was starting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We have arrived, Sir." 

Once the driver unlocked the car door's keys, Sooho immediately opened the door, even before the butlers who were standing outside the opera house could reach out to open it for him. Youngro followed him from behind silently, worried as she saw the Crown Prince looked slightly upset.

"Oh, Sir— Your Highness, I apologize for not opening the door for you. Let me take your coat and both of you to your royal box."

"Sure."

 

 

 

London's Royal Opera House, home to the Royal Opera, Royal Ballet, and the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House. One of the most prestigious concert halls and theaters across the globe.

When Youngro first stepped into the main hall on the ground floor, she couldn't help but gawk at the view. The venue was on the next level for sure. Her eyes sparkled as she lifted her head up to admire the high ceilings above, along with the golden lights, making the interior looked rich and elegant. 

"This way, Your Highness." 

The girl immediately turned her heels, following the Crown Prince that was changing his direction, following the butler. Her hand was looped in his arm and as he walked faster, Youngro spontaneously gripped on his arm tighter.

They were escorted to their seats through a private staircases, unlike the other audience who would have to enter the main auditorium through the main gates. While walking their way to the seats, Youngro was busy wondering how much did Kang Chungya spend for their tickets.

The girl silently gasped as she saw the luxurious VIP room just before they entered the corridor leading to the main auditorium. By the end of the corridor, the butler came to a halt and proceed to open it.

"Here are your seats, the second level Royal Box, right across the stage, Your Highness and Miss. Enjoy the show." The butler said in a low tone as he opened the private door for the couple.

"Thank you." Sooho nodded curtly to the butler, which replied with a polite bow. He then took Youngro with him to their seats as the previous butler closed the door behind them.

The royal box was on the second level of the main auditorium, and it was located right across the stage. From where Youngro stood, she could clearly see the whole stage, and the volume of the flowing music which the ballerinas were dancing to was just right from there. It was really a perfect spot to take in the performance with top-notch experience.

"Youngro." Sooho called, making Youngro turned her focus back at him. She was busy gawking at the whole place, and the ballerinas in the stage that had already started their show.

"Oh." Youngro quickly took her hand from his arm, and took a seat on one of the red velvet seats inside the box. Then, Sooho took another one, right next to her. "The show has started 8 minutes ago. Hope we don't skip too much good parts in the beginning." She whispered to him, making the man moved his head closer to her.

The Crown Prince nodded, giving a simple smile to Youngro. "Yes, they're still on the first scene." 

 

 

Tchaikovsky's Decoration of the Christmas Tree was played as the background music. Youngro could notice it since they first came to the main auditorium when the show had started. There were dozen of ballerinas dancing in beautiful wardrobes, filling in the stage that was decorated as a cozy room in Christmas days. Youngro really adored the way they set the stage. It looked so exquisite.

"Oh— is that the Nutcracker?" Youngro beamed as her eyes caught the man in a red costume walking his way to the middle of the stage. He really looked similar to the Nutcracker character she watched on a cartoon show. "Sooho-ssi—"

When Youngro turned her head to check on the Crown Prince, her smile faded as she saw him staring blankly at the stage. That was when a familiar ballerina came into the scene, in her beautiful peach dress. That was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter