❄️ chapter 40: evening party

Spring Snowflakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Get Ready for the Royal Parade! HRH Crown Prince Im Sooho & Crown Princess Eun Youngro are Greeting the People in Seoul!

After the wedding ceremony at the royal cathedral, the newly-wed couple— HRH Crown Prince Im Sooho and Crown Princess Eun Youngro— will get changed into beautiful sets of royal hanboks and go for a parade at the streets of Seoul! The parade will take the route from the cathedral to the royal palace where the couple will have the next event on their wedding day. Traditional royal ceremonies will be held this afternoon inside the Gyeongbokgung main royal palace complex, along with the older monarchs, the members of royal family, and Eun family as well. Later on, the couple will also celebrate their wedding in a private evening party inside the royal palace. Only selected guests are invited.

Are you ready for the parade? Stay safe and get your cameras ready! Wave at the happy newly-wed couple when they passed by you.

 

 

chapter soundtrack:
3 Gymnopédies: No. 3, Lent et grave (Version for Orchestra) - Erik Satie, Philippe Entremont, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

 

 

 

Evening Party, 16.00 KST

 

"Eun Youngrooo!"

Through the crowds inside the room, Youngro could clearly heard that high noted voice of Hyeryeong's calling her name. Before she could turn her body around to see the source of voice, a familiar face came rushing towards her and pulled her for a tight hug.

It was Seolhui.

"Gosh! I can't believe I'm seeing you again in this kind of situation, Youngro!" Seolhui exclaimed. "You really are married now! To the Crown Prince! Congratulations!" 

Behind her, the older girls came closer with wide smiles on their faces. Hyeryeong and Jeongmin looked as enthusiastic as Seolhui when they found Youngro in the middle of the crowded royal palace hall, but they didn't express it as much as the younger one did. By that time, Jeongmin even had to pull Seolhui away from Youngro so she wouldn't ruin the exquisite designed dress that were worn by the Crown Princess.

"This. Is. Crazy!" Hyeryeong shook her head in amazement when she finally stood in front of Youngro. "I still can't believe this is real! My friend is the Crown Princess!"

Youngro laughed wholeheartedly, nudging her friend with her elbow, "It really does feel like a dream to me too," she said. "And yes, it's crazy." She whispered to Hyeryeong with a playful grin on her face.

When Jeongmin finally got the chance to see the full look of Eun Youngro as the Crown Princess, her heart skipped a beat. "Damn, Youngro. You look... amazing!" She blurted out, eyes rounded. It was rare to get a genuine and excited compliment from Jeongmin. But that day, Eun Youngro just looked extraordinary.

If they counted the days since the last time they saw Eun Youngro in person, it wouldn't be that long... around two months? Less than three? Yet, the girl they knew looked so different— in a good way. She usually wore simple clothes, over and over again each week, even Hyeryeong or Seolhui would give her clothes as gifts so Youngro could wear more variants of outfit to the campus. If Youngro could dress up like the other rich girls at the campus, they believed she could easily be the queen bee of the campus.

That day, when they finally met Youngro in person again, it felt like they witnessed an angel on earth.

Earlier that morning, Hyeryeong, Jeongmin, and Seolhui was gawking non-stop— even shedded tears, when they saw their precious friend Eun Youngro walked down the aisle with a beautiful and majestic wedding dress. She really looked like she was born to be the Crown Princess, to stand next to the Crown Prince at the altar. By that evening, her beauty didn't even fade a bit. Eun Youngro looked so elegant with the soft-colored laced dress. Her hair was tied up high in a simple bun, exposing more of her beauty.

 

 

That was the reason why Jeongmin was gawking once more that day when she saw Youngro, along with Hyeryeong and Seolhui.

In front of them, the Crown Princess grinned ear to ear, raising both her eyebrows while checking her friends one by one. She really missed all of them. "Thank you for coming! I can't believe this day has come as well... I'm really happy to see you guys today!" She exclaimed, almost jumping on her feet like a bunny due to the excitement. When her eyes caught Miss Pi standing at another side of the room, the girl quickly behaved, trying to keep calm although her face was clearly showing the opposite. 

"Congratulations on your wedding! Thank you for inviting us too." Jeongmin said, smiling widely to Youngro. Unlike the usual Jeongmin Unnie who would look calm and cool, that day she looked so gleeful. "Today must have been exhausting, right? I heard you only got one hour to rest after the royal parade this afternoon."

"Gosh, Youngro, have you eaten well?" Seolhui hugged Youngro's arm, concerned look was shown on her face. "You have to take a good rest tonight!"

Hyeryeong left out a mischievous chuckle, clicking her tongue when she heard what Seolhui just said. "Good rest? Tonight?" She shook her head. "I believe Youngro can even barely sleep tonight. You know..." She pulled the girls closer to her, gathering around to create a small circle.

 

"It's the wedding night."

 

"What—" When the realization hit Youngro, the girl gasped. Her face turned red, she couldn't help but blushing so hard upon hearing her friend. "Unnie!" she silently shrieked, giving the older girl the look of terror. Why did she have to bring it up? Now Youngro got another thing to overthink that day.

In return, Hyeryeong pulled Youngro closer to her. "You better get yourself ready, Youngro. Who knows what will happen tonight?" She whispered to the Crown Princess' ear, while the other friends of hers listening to them talking.

Jeongmin and Seolhui couldn't say anything. Jeongmin didn't know what to say and she would let Hyeryeong do the work to give Youngro advices or some hacks. On the other side, Seolhui was to speechless to imagine Youngro and the Crown Prince—

 

 

"Youngro,"

A deep voice called Youngro from behind, making the girls turned their head towards the man who just called her. When they found out the man who was calling their friend was a member of the royal family, the girls immediately took a polite bow and greeted him. It was the Crown Prince, and that evening he looked dashing as always with his suits. 

As they took a polite bow to the Crown Prince, Hyeryeong stole a chance to give Youngro a wink and mouthed "Get ready." at her. To which Youngro replied with another death glare at her.

"Found you." He whispered under his breath as he came closer to where the girl stood. "Sorry, Chief Minister Nam had some important things to discuss before. Told him we could discuss it later but it seems like... he's in a rush or something."

"It's fine, Sooho-ssi," Youngro responded, giving him a reassuring smile. 

"Oh, right." He shook his head when he finally landed his eyes on the girls that were surrounding them. "I apologize for not greeting you sooner. You all must be Youngro's friends— Hyeryeong, Jeongmin, and Seolhui. It's nice to finally meet all of you in person." Sooho gave them a polite smile and returned their greetings. "Thank you for coming to the wedding and this evening party. I hope you've been enjoying your time."

"For sure," Hyeryeong blurted out, smiling widely ear to ear. "We don't want to miss our girl's wedding day. We're so happy to see both of you getting married today."

"That's right, it's such an honor to be invited to your big day, Your Highness! We're wishing both of you a blessed marriage!" Seolhui added and next to her, Jeongmin nodded in agreement.

Seeing the girls showering the couple with excitement and blessings brought a delighted expression on Youngro's face. Sooho could notice the girl's eyes sparkling as she smiled wider to her friends. That sight made Im Sooho left out a soft chuckle unconsciously.

"Thank you for your blessings. I hope you will enjoy the party. Now if you excuse us, ladies, we have to greet some other guests this evening. It's been a pleasure meeting all of you. Let's catch up again soon, shall we?" One of Sooho's hands reached out to touch Youngro's waist, making the girl's breath hitched for a bit at the gesture. "See you later," He bowed to the girls before taking Youngro to the other side of the hall with him.

"See you later!" Youngro waved her hands to the girls as she walked together with Sooho next to her.

 

 

The evening party wouldn't take long, and it was held on private in the evening of the wedding day. Selected guests were invited to the party to congratulate the newly-wed couple and give them their blessings. Beside of the close and important stakeholders of the royal family that were invited that day, Youngro and Sooho also invited some of their closest friends. They both did.

Sooho had met Youngro's friends that day, and when they were about to greet the other guests together, some familiar faces stopped the couple on their way. Youngro still remembered them. They were Sooho's friends– David, Eungcheol, and Hanna.

The man called Eungcheol was the first one to approach the Crown Prince and threw him a big warm hug. "Hyung! Congratulations!" Happiness was written all over his face when he pulled back to see Sooho. "I'm telling you, I was crying myself back at the cathedral when I saw you and Miss Youngro getting wedded— Miss Youngro, I mean, Your Highness Crown Princess, congratulations on your wedding!" 

Out of the three, Eungcheol must be the most friendly one. He looked the most enthusiastic among the others based on Youngro's observation.

"Thank you for coming, Eungcheol." Sooho patted the younger man's back while grinning widely.

"Thank you, Eungcheol-ssi!" Youngro happily replied, placing a hand on her chest while nodding her head politely to the man.

David and Hanna greeted the couple after Eungcheol stepped away from them. They both looked more calm and composed compared to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter