❄️ chapter 14: comfort

Spring Snowflakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter soundtrack:
blossom - ong sung eun

 

❄️

 

The dinner with the royal family was delightful.

Youngro didn't expect the King to be that friendly in person. He asked her a lot of questions though, and also apologized for being able to see her sooner. He had tried to spend some of his times, managing the schedules, so that he could finally meet Youngro properly. He also thanked her for agreeing to the royal engagement.

The Queen Dowager also talked a lot during dinner, telling stories about her husband, the late King, and how she had heard stories about his friendship with Youngro's late grandfather when they were alive and well. Next to her, the Crown Prince was the opposite to the King and Queen Dowager as he was calm most of the time during the dinner. He would join the talk with the King if it's related to the royal family business or duties, though. 

What caught Youngro's attention that night was the Queen. She was being more quiet than the last time they met. Right after the dinner, she left the dining room first as she was requested to meet the Chief Minister Nam at his office.

The dinner was wrapped up as they finished with their dessert and small talks. The King and the Queen Dowager left the dining room first, leaving Youngro and Sooho together.

"So, you will have a day off tomorrow?" The Crown Prince asked as he left his seat, and Youngro followed him. 

"Yes, Secretary Gong said that I'll have a day off tomorrow, so I can spend my times with my family before Christmas." She responded.

When she heard the Crown Prince hummed, the girl continued, "I'll come to the royal palace the next day and I'll stay for the night here. I heard we'll be having a packed schedule in the 24th? Private parties, royal family dinner, et cetera." she explained, to which Sooho responded with a low chuckle. He seemed as if he fully understood how packed and exhausting those events would be.

Both of them walked outside the dining room as the guards proceed to open the door. Youngro expected that she would be escorted by Secretary Gong, though. However, the Crown Prince asked if she wanted to come with her as they would be going to the same direction, out of the main palace.

They silently walked side by side through the halls, passing through some royal guards who were on their shift.

As she was walking next to the Crown Prince, Youngro tried several times to have a look at him who was at her right side, from the corner of her eyes. He was taller than her until she had to move her head a little bit upwards so he could see his face. From her point of view, she could see his side profile slightly. She just noticed the mole right below his left ear.

He looked... good. And clean. And charming as usual. 

He was at her right, walking in a slow pace...

Is he keeping up with me? I need to walk a little faster.

 

So, she did. And so did he.

 

Youngro got her eyes staring at both of their feet and left out a small chuckle unintentionally— which also surprised herself. One of her hands reached up to cover , and she quickly turned her head to the Crown Prince to check on him.

He was already looking at her rounded doe eyes with a raising eyebrow. "Hm?" 

"Uhh nothing," she blurted out, waving her hands to let him ignore what she just did. The girl said it was nothing, but she still had a big smile on her small blushed face and it made the Crown Prince returned it with a smile as well.

 

 


As they both reached the lobby of the main palace, the Crown Prince came in a halt and turned his heels so he was facing Youngro. The girl stopped walking as well, and hesitantly turned herself so she was facing the man too. While her fingers were playing with the hem of her dress, her eyes slowly gazed up meeting his stare.

The man took his time to study the girl in front of him. "It's a pleasure meeting you again today, Eun Youngro." he said.

"Pleasure for me as well, Sooho-ssi." She replied. "It has been an exceptional honor to meet the King in person too. I had only seen him on screen for my whole life, and I got to meet him in person today. Thank you for letting me join the dinner."

When they both turned silent once again, the man initiated to ask the girl again, "Anything else you'd like to ask? Or if there's anything I can help you with?" 

Yes.

 

 

Youngro actually had plenty of things she had in mind. It's not bothering her that much, but she needed to say this out so she could feel better. "Oh. I just want to ask you..." she bit her lower lip for a second before continuing, "I'm not officially a member of the family yet, I don't know if it's okay if I'm present on those events during Christmas. I really appreciate and feel honored with the royal family invitation, but... is it really okay if I join all of you? Not to mention that there will be a lot of people earlier that day. "

The Crown Prince didn't respond immediately. Instead, he tilted his head while giving Youngro a look as if he was considering his answer. 

"In a couple of days, we'll be officially engaged. Not long after that, we will get married." He paused, thinking of the next answers. "At this point, you have become a part of the family. Also, you know the events before the royal family dinner would be private. Only us, the members of government and ministry, also some high positioned people from various business and industries would be invited— they are our important stakeholders. However, since it'll be a private event, they are not allowed to share anything at the party to the public. So, don't worry. It would also be a good start for you to get adapted with royal family events and let the closest people to the royal family know you in person."

Gulp. Youngro pursed her lips, her eyes moved down to her feet. He's right. Sooner or later, she will have the responsibilities to attend events like this, even publicly. However, she still felt anxious...

As if the Crown Prince could feel her being nervous, slowly he raised one of his hand and placed it gently on the girl's shoulder as a gesture of reassurement. The gesture made Youngro's breath hitched. She instantly looked up and found Sooho meeting her gaze.

 His gaze fixed on Youngro's eyes and something caught his attention for a second. He never knew someone could have such bright and sparkly eyes like her. The chandeliers lights inside the room were reflected on her clear eyes, making them shine beautifully as if her eyes hold its own constellation— or maybe that was the effect of her make up that made Sooho felt that way, he didn't know.

Anyway.

"Don't worry. I believe you'll be ready." He said, a thin smile appeared on his face. "You have me with you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You have me with you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter