❄️ chapter 29: (the date) at hyde park

Spring Snowflakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The third day of conference finished in the afternoon, and Youngro couldn't stop smiling to herself since the morning. When Sooho departed for the conference, he said he would take her out for a London tour as the event wrapped up. And the girl couldn't wait for it.

"Youngro, let me check your eye shadow one more time. I'm not satisfied with the left one." A woman's voice was coming behind her when Youngro stood by the suite's huge window.

It was Maeng.

She was the one Sooho referred to when he said he was inviting someone from Korea to London for Youngro. She didn't complain at all, she was happy even more. Now she had someone accompanying her during her stay, and of course she had more help with her make up, although there were some crews in London that were ready to help Youngro with her styling everyday.

Obediently, Youngro turned her body facing the older woman who was then busy with her eye shadow palettes.

"I heard you were sick since you arrived in London. That's why there are no pictures of you with the Prince in London yet." She said. "People are talking about it on the internet. They were worried about you."

The girl who was closing her eyes hid her bitter smile as she remembered the words she read on the internet nights ago. She was glad to know there were still people who care about her beside of her family. Her mother and Youngu video called her that morning, so she was feeling happier. Yet, Maeng words reminded her of those anonymous people who left hateful comments for Youngro. And it was still haunting her.

She wasn't ready to open the internet or social platforms since then.

"Really?" She whispered.

"Yeah." Maeng softly tapped on her eyelids to blend some of the shades. "They really are wishing you to get well soon so they can see you again together with the Crown Prince. They are craving for pictures of you and him."

Youngro chuckled in response.

"Now that you're finally fully healed and you're about to go out on a date with him—"

"It's not a date." Youngro cut Maeng as her eyes snapped open, and her cheeks turned into light peach color.

"Well, whatever you call it, you're still going out with him today. And you will have to look good." Maeng crossed her arms after she placed down the brush and eye shadow palettes on the table. "Great. Can you give me a turn?"

Youngro bit her lower lip, holding back her smile as she gave Maeng a 360 degree turn, showing her final look from every angle to her stylist.

"Damn. You might want to be careful. The UK royal family would snatch you because you look so, damn, beautiful." The older woman shook her head in amazement as she left out a joke at Youngro, which replied with a hearty laugh from the girl.


 

It was passed lunch time, which meant Sooho would come back to the hotel anytime soon. So, Youngro spent her time at the living room with Maeng to kill some times while waiting for the Crown Prince to come back. They chatted about their personal lives, talking about Maeng's backgrounds on how she ended up being a stylist for the royal family, her memorable experience, and Youngro even got some interesting make up tips from her.

The girls exchanged their stories until finally, the man that they had been waiting for arrived at the suite. 

Im Sooho entered the suit with Kangmoo who was busy bringing some flowers and bags. The sight of it confused Youngro.

"Welcome back Sooho-ssi, Kangmoo Oppa." She said, greeting both of the men while eyeing at the stuff Kangmoo brought with him. "What are those, Oppa?"

 

Oppa.

 

Sooho faintly squinted his eyes in response when he heard Youngro calling his right hand man like that. They seemed to be so close and comfortable with each other. Just look at the girl's sparkling eyes when Kangmoo handed her a big bouquet of flowers—

"These are presents for you, Miss Youngro. Here's some flowers for you... there you go. And these are boxes of gifts the ambassador gave for you. The embassy also sent you some other gifts too and Jonathan will help us delivering it to your suite." He said as he placed some boxes on the suite's table.

The bouquet of flowers were beautiful as they had various of flowers arranged for it. Youngro didn't even know some names of the flowers but they all looked pretty. And it was big. She had to hold it with both of her arms!

As she lowered her head to smell the flowers, Youngro smiled. She really enjoyed the sweet scents. From the corner of her eyes, she could see a small note with handwritten text on it.

"Oh, that's notes from the ambassador."

The handwriting was so neat, Youngro could easily read it: Welcome to London! Enjoy your time here with your fiancé! p.s., get well really soon, Miss. -Kang

 

"Oh, thank you," Youngro mumbled as she finished reading the notes.

"Soo— I mean, Crown Prince told me he also had a present for you. Right, Crown Prince?"

 

Sooho coughed as his name was called by Kangmoo. On the other hand, Youngro and Maeng were waiting for him with anticipation. What was it that the Crown Prince had prepared?

 

"Well," Sooho cleared his throat once more after giving a glare at Kangmoo. He looked as if he had his secrets spilled by the older man. "It's the London tour. It's your present." He simply said.

Youngro chuckled, "That one, is the one I've been waiting for."

"Okay then," Kangmoo shrugged, then gave Sooho a polite bow. "I'll get back to Jonathan at the lobby to help him, Your Highness."

"I'll be out with Youngro for a while, Hyung." Sooho said before Kangmoo left the room. "You don't have to send the guards with me. If you do, then give us some personal spaces."

Kangmoo grinned, "Of course, Your Highness. Have a good day for you and Miss Youngro. Maeng-ssi as well." He said before finally walked out of the suite.

There were three of them left, Sooho, Youngro, and Maeng. Being a considerate person she was, Maeng politely asked for their permission to leave the suite as well. "Your Highness, Miss Youngro, I will get back to my room too. Have a great day for both of you." She said as she took a bow, and walked out of the suite.

 

Now that there were two of them left inside the suite, Sooho and Youngro exchanged glances.

 

She looked beautiful.


From the moment Sooho walked into the suite, the first thing he saw was Youngro in a soft pink dress. It might look simple, but when she wore it, it really looked elegant and sweet. Youngro and Maeng had chosen the perfect dress for their date—

Date?

Oh. Whatever it was, she looked really good with it.

And he was looking so charming too, as usual. With those navy set of suits and trousers. And he had his hair styled up, exposing his forehead. Just like how Youngro liked it.

 

"How was the last day of conference?" The girl asked, initiating a small conversation as they both were in silence, exchanging glances.

"It was great, it was such an insightful discussion, and we came up with a lot of ideas and innovations for our business and cultures improvement." Sooho answered. "The last day was quick, just like the first day. And now we have free times until the end of day."

"Have you had lunch, Sooho-ssi?"

"I had mine. Have you, Youngro?"

"Me too," Youngro grinned. "They have delicious food here. I tried the fish and chips for lunch. And it was good."

"Oh," Sooho finally showed his familiar smile, the one he only shared with Youngro. "I know a restaurant around here that has a really good fish and chips. You really should try it."

"I still have some rooms in my stomach for more fish and chips." The girl chuckled. "I will just follow your guides around the town, Sooho-ssi. Where should we go first?"

"As planned before, Hyde Park. It's right across the street. But you haven't even visited it since the day we arrived. We will start from there."

"Alright, let's get going!" Youngro widened her smile, leaving out a small laugh as she felt so excited with their plans that day.

The winter days in London were cold, but not as cold as Seoul for Youngro. She especially felt warmer that day. Maybe it was because the sunny day outside, or maybe it was because the excitement of going out with the Crown Prince.

Either way, she really couldn't wait no longer to explore the town.


 

❄️

 

chapter soundtrack:
at the park - yoo heeyeol

 


It was indeed a sunny day, less clouds than the days before.

The girl took a deep breath in so slowly with her eyes closed, letting the cold fresh air of Hyde Park filling in her lungs. She lifted her face up, letting the sun shower her face. It felt good to go out again after two full days staying inside with a fever.

Youngro left out a pleased sigh and plastered a smile on her face before turning her heels to the Crown Prince. "Sooho-ssi, should we go accross the bridge there?" She pointed at a huge bridge that was connecting both sides of the park that were separated by the Serpentine lake inside Hyde Park.

The Crown Prince who was following from behind chuckled, his eyes were following her all the time. She looked so excited since the second they stepped out of the hotel. It was relieving him that the girl was now back to her usual self.

"Oh, sure. There's a cafe over there near the lake. Maybe we can go grab a coffee or some snacks?" He said as he took big steps towards her so he could catch up.

When Youngro saw Sooho walking towards her, her right hand quickly took out her film camera and clicked the shutter, capturing the sight of him.

"You got me there."

"Don't worry," The girl said to the man. "You look good." Youngro muttered, then turned her back at him and walked away. She hoped Sooho didn't see her with blushing cheeks.

 


But Sooho saw it. And he was somehow flustered as he heard her complimenting him.

Youngro wasn't aware, but when she walked her way towards the bridge while Sooho was following her from behind, the man silently took out his film camera and lifted it up to his eye level. When he saw her walking figure at the viewfinder, and when the girl slightly turned her head to the left to see the lake and showed her side profile, he clicked the shutter.

The blue sky looked beautiful, and so was her.

 

 

 

 

 

"Serpentine Bar and Kitchen." Youngro read the name of the café out loud. 

Sooho placed his hand on her back, pulling her with him into the café. As soon as they entered the café, Youngro could feel the contrast temperature from the weather outside. It was so warm, and she could smell the scent of brewed coffee everywhere.

"Hello," Sooho greeted the woman with short blonde hair behind the cashier who was busy tidying the cashes inside th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter