❄️ chapter 37: sooho's apology

Spring Snowflakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter soundtrack:
looks like a real thing - je hwi

 

❄️

 

Youngro had lived her whole life in the city of Seoul. However, she barely ever visited the Bukchon Hanok Village, which was a Korean traditional village complex in the heart of Seoul on the top of a hill between Gyeongbok Palace, Changdeok Palace, and Jongmyo Royal Shrine. The complex was composed with a lot of hanoks and alleys which showcased the architecture and culture from Joseon dynasty. It was one of the most famous tourism spots where people would come strolling around the alleys in rented hanboks.

That day, Youngro came to one of the hanoks that were specially reserved at the village in hanbok too, and she would take pictures as well. But she didn't come as a tourist or visitor on holiday. She was about to have a pre-wedding photoshoot there with her future husband who was the Crown Prince of South Korea.

 

 

As much as she wanted to avoid the Crown Prince, Youngro couldn't stop staring at him that day. She never imagined Im Sooho wearing a hanbok would look that good. He had been wearing suits and neat shirts almost everyday, but when he came into the first photoshoot spot that day— which was a lovely hanok, a traditional Korean house— Youngro had been staring at him non-stop from afar.

The girl was battling herself, though. She wanted to give some space away from him so she could clear her head and figure out a way on how she should face him from now on. For a couple days, she had avoided him at the royal palace in many ways possible, however at the end, she should remain together with him anyway, right?

As his wife. Whether he loved her or not.

 

 

 

"Miss Youngro, careful with your steps," Secretary Gong's voice surprised her. She wasn't staying alert for some seconds as she stepped into one of the hanok buildings. Thanks to Im Sooho. "There's this wooden block whenever you move between the rooms, please be careful."

Maeng, who was following her from behind, immediately helped the girl with her long hanbok. "Let me help you with your hanbok." She said as she bented down to reach the tip of the dress. "It's heavy, isn't it?"

"It's not really heavy, it's okay!" Youngro grinned at Maeng, making sure the woman saw she's really alright. Then, her eyes moved slowly back to the familiar figure deep inside the room who was talking to one of the photoshoot staff.

Im Sooho was wearing a pearl colored hanbok, almost similar to Youngro's but the color of his was slightly darker. His dark black hair was slicked back neatly, exposing his sharp features. That hanbok on him really made him look like a whole royalty, though. It got Youngro wondering how he would look like in his myeonbok, a ceremonial attire worn by Korean monarchs during ceremonial events. In this case, he would wear one on their wedding day for the traditional ceremonies and the parade in the next following days. 

"Then, we're gonna start with these traditional concepts first before moving back inside to the royal palace?" Sooho raised his eyebrows as his eyes studied the printed moodboards on the staff's hand. "Great. We'll follow your direction. Please take beautiful pictures for us, Mr. Baek."

"Of course, Your Highness. It's an honor to be chosen as the photographer for the royal couple." The older man smiled warmly, making both of his eyes curved up. "Oh, Miss Youngro is here as well,"

When Sooho heard him saying that, he moved his focus away from the printed moodboards shown by the staff to Youngro who just entered the room. As soon as he landed his eyes on her, for a second, the man forgot how to breathe.

She looked pretty with the hanbok. Her long black hair was tied up into a bun, and it was completed with golden ornamental hairpins. From head to toe, Sooho had actually seen the design sketches by Maeng and Stylist Lee. But it somehow still surprised him. Youngro's beauty never failed to surprise him everytime.

"Youngro." He called as the girl walked closer to him. Slowly, the corners of his lips lifted up, forming a small smile on his face. "You look... beautiful."

 

Damn it.

 

Youngro quickly avoided the man's gaze, trying so hard not to make herself blushing hard in front of him.

"Thank you." She simply replied. "You look good too."

"Alright, Your Highness, Miss Youngro, now that we have all gathered here, shall we begin the photoshoot?"

 

 

 

Youngro had lost count of the camera flashes as soon as they started the photoshoot. The photographer had directed them to do various poses, standing next to each other, holding hands, Youngro sitting down on one chair while Sooho standing behind her with a hand on her shoulder, et cetera, et cetera.

Yes, she was avoiding him. But again, this was part of the deal, right? To get wedded with the Crown Prince, she would have to do this. Posing together as if they were deeply in love, showcasing a perfect chemistry as a royal couple, it wouldn't be hard, right?

 

It's hard.

 

Youngro who was all smiling to the camera suddenly gasped when she felt one of Sooho's hand slipped behind her back and pulled her body closer to him. His face leaned closer to hers, their noses were only inches away from each other. Up this close, Youngro had to lifted her chin up higher so she could see his eyes.

Those dark eyes... staring down at her.

 

Youngro gulped once, then twice.

 

He's so close.

 

They had to stay still for a while before hearing the next directions from the photographer.

 

Is he God's favorite? Why does he have to look so perfect?

 

Mr. Baek, the photographer of the pre-wedding shoots that day clearly showed his enthusiasm as he captured pictures of the couple from various angles. Behind his professional camera, the man was smiling ear to ear while saying "Perfect! Brilliant!" multiple times.

 

When their eyes met, Youngro could feel Sooho was gazing at her deeply. Those black orbs of his were never leaving hers, it was as if he was staring deep into her soul. He looked at her in such a gentle way, affectionately, while his hands were still holding her close to him.

If only Youngro didn't know anything about him and Kang Chungya, it might be easier for her to face him. Maybe, she would even fall deeper for him. But then, her head was full of questions while Im Sooho was gazing down at her that way.

His gentle stare got Youngro wondering to herself. If only she could see through him as well... she wanted to understand his feelings. Was he hurt? Was he struggling to love her? Then, why did he look at her that way? Why did it feel so real?

 

As Youngro was getting lost in his eyes, one of her hands reached up to touch the Crown Prince's face. He didn't even blink once Youngro's hand touched his face. The man stayed still for a while, before slowly leaning himself even closer to the girl...

 

"Okay!"

 

Once they got an OK from the photographer, Youngro quickly pulled herself back from the Crown Prince. It was subtle, but Sooho could notice she was pushing him away from her. 

"Next pose!"

 

 

 

 

Once they were done with the hanboks, Sooho and Youngro went to separate rooms inside the hanok to change their outfit. Sooho was assisted by Stylist Lee, while Youngro were together with Maeng as usual. There were a couple of outfits prepared for the photoshoot and for sure, the royal stylists were all booked and busy for that day.

"Please lower your head for me, Miss." Maeng tapped Youngro's shoulder twice, making the girl follow her instruction obediently. She wouldn't want her hair to be tangled as Maeng unattached all of the ornamental hairpins. When Maeng finally took off the binyeo and cheopji from her bun, she quickly tidied the hair for the next set of photoshoot.

If the previous bun was styled in a traditional look which was inspired by the Joseon dynasty era, this time Maeng styled the bun with more modern look. It was still as elegant as before, and it was styled accordingly to suit the next dress that Youngro wore.

The next outfit for Youngro was a long white dress completed with long sleeves in a thin and soft fabric, it was almost see-through on the sleeves and shoulders area. When she tried to twirl around with the dress, the layers of the fabrics flowed with her moves. And from her side, Maeng was clapping her hands in amazement.

"This one looks so elegant! It's actually the most simple designed one among the others but personally, I like this one the most." She exlaimed while checking out the final look of Youngro for the next shoot. A satisfied look was clearly shown all over her face. "It will be completed with a white wedding veil but we'll save it for later on your individual shoots."

When Maeng left the room first, once more, Youngro checked herself out on the mirror.

She looked beautiful with the dress, indeed.

To be completely honest, Youngro had been waiting for days for the pre-wedding shoots. She was looking forward to that day the most. For days, she had gone back and forth with Sooho, Maeng, and Stylist Lee, perfecting all of the outfits, looks, moodboards— basically everything. The older monarchs also took part on it as well. It was just unfortunate she had to be in such situation that made her enthusiasm somehow faded away...

 

No.

 

Youngro quickly shook her head.

 

I have to do this perfectly. At least, I did it for Father. Cheer up, Eun Youngro! 

 

 

 

 

 

There's clearly something wrong with her.

Sooho had been studying Eun Youngro all day long. Starting from the time they had the shoots at the hanok, then back to the royal palace when they were having lunch together. The girl looked distracted, unlike her usual self. She didn't even meet his eyes most of the time outside the photoshoot sessions. Once she finished her lunch, she immediately excused herself to her room so she could get into the next outfit for the photoshoot at the main palace.

The girl was smiling all the time though, even laughing along with the photoshoot staff multiple times. But Sooho knew, as he had been staring at her all day long from afar and he clearly noticed it. That wasn't her usual smile.

There's something wrong with Eun Youngro. And he'll try to find the reason why soon.

"Crown Prince,"

"Yes, Hyung?"

"It's time to get ready for the next shoots."

 

 

 

The pre-wedding photoshoot sessions at the royal palace took even longer since the couple had to change their fits several times. Not to mention Maeng had to style the girl's hair differently each time they were changing sets. It was the royal stylist's idea— she thought that they really had to use this chance to show the beauty of the future Crown Princess. She was offering a lot of beautiful hairstyles idea to Youngro. They were all pretty and perfectly curated to fit Youngro's face and overall looks. When the girl had a hard time deciding the hairstyles she would use, Maeng decided to just use all of it with the risk that it might take more time for Youngro to change her hairstyles multiple times in between the shoots.

But Youngro wasn't complaining. It made her be able to take some break away from the Crown Prince so she could control her pounding heart.

Maeng was busy straightening her hair when the girl left out a long exhale.

"Exhausting, isn't it?"

Youngro closed her eyes and left out a soft chuckle. "Yup." She said. "Can't wait to finish all of these shoots so I can go st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter