❄️ chapter 12: day of announcement

Spring Snowflakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter soundtrack:
you are so beautiful - eddy kim

 

❄️

 

 

 

Im Sooho stood there, staying still. His gaze never left Youngro.

The girl did the same thing, she couldn't blink when her eyes caught the sight of the Crown Prince across the room.

Somehow, both of them looked different from the way they looked whenever they met each other before. Youngro had seen the Crown Prince on TV, social media, or online platforms before for sure. But this time, it felt surreal.

He looked charismatic... she finally understood why the stylists outside the room were thrilled when they saw Sooho in those black three piece suit. His black shiny hair neatly styled in slicked back hairstyle like yesterday, but it looked even more dashing today.

He looked charming.

 

 

Eun Youngro always looked like a simple girl. She usually let her long black hair loose or tied it up in a simple ponytail whenever Sooho met her. She wore make up daily, but it always looked light and simple. Sooho couldn't deny that the woman he would get engaged with was beautiful. He had noticed from the start, even when she was being so effortless.

But this time, she looked even more beautiful.

Her long black hair was styled, giving a more wavy look and it elegantly fell on her right shoulder. Maeng did a great job with the make up as well, highlighting some parts of Youngro's face, especially her eyes. Her sparkling doe eyes. And not to mention that dress...

She looked heavenly.

 

Sooho tried to clear his throat, finally moving his gaze elsewhere. There were only two of them inside, he didn't want them to be awkward. So, he tried to lighten up the atmosphere.

"So..." he said, "You were saying you would look awkward wearing dress?" This time, his eyes moved back to Youngro, looking at her from her feet, all the way up to her face. "Looks like you're wrong."

 

These damn butterflies.

 

Youngro bit her lower lip, trying to avoid the man's stare even when she knew Sooho was probably still looking at her. 

"You look good." A thin smile appeared on his face. "The dress suits you really well."

The girl lifted her chin up, showing her wide smile to the Crown Prince. "You look good too." She said, hoping she wouldn't sound as nervous as she actually was. 

When Sooho realized how far they were standing across each other, he then walked calmly closer to where Youngro was standing. That moment, Youngro could hear her own heartbeat.

 The Crown Prince approached her, and said "I'm sorry for making you waited for me. I had some troubles... with my..." his fingers reached up to his collar and his black tie. "My tie. It looks a bit messy, doesn't it? I tried to fix it but it seems like it got worse." He chuckled as he tried another chance to fix his black tie once more. And he failed again.

Based on any broadcasted Korean dramas Youngro had watched, this moment would be the time where the female lead would help their partner to fix the tie.

But she couldn't.

Her Youngu Oppa and her father would always asked her for help to laundry and iron the suits when their family was invited to wedding ceremonies or other formal events. However, Youngro always left her father and brother with their own tie, or let her mother helped the men wearing it.

Don't get her wrong. She could wear a tie for herself. But helping the other with their tie? She always ended up messing around so she chose not to do it for the others. Moreover, this time, the Crown Prince. Youngro wouldn't dare to mess up that black silk tie on him.

But indeed, it kind of looked messier this time. Youngro didn't realize until Sooho mentioned about it. He looked perfect when she first saw him in that suit.

"Um, should we call Maeng for help?" Youngro pointed at the door with her thumb. "She said we should take a picture together so they can show it to the King, Queen, and Queen Dowager."

Sooho responded with a low hum before calling Maeng and Kangmoo into the room.

 

 

 

"Excuse me, Your Highness." Being a professional and experienced stylist, Maeng easily fixed Sooho's tie. She tapped Sooho's tie once more and nodded once it looked properly tied.

"That's it. Great. Now, we're ready."

Youngro and Sooho were standing next to each other with a gap between them. Youngro made sure they wouldn't stand too close and kept herself being a feet away from the Crown Prince. She silently waited for Maeng's instructions to take the picture. When the later finally noticed the gap between the couple, she frowned.

Maeng confusedly stared at Youngro, and nodded her head towards Sooho while having her eyes connected with Youngro. "Move closer," she whispered.

Youngro raised her e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter