Chapter 3

That Kind Of Love

“It’s nice knowing you, Miss Jung. We’ll be meeting more often now.”

Yongsun smiled widely. Wheein grimaced. She knew Yongsun was making fun of her again.

“Well, you’ll see my mother more often than me.”

“Oh, really? Then I should hang out at the koi pond more often if I want to see you again. Who knows you might step over me again?”

Wheein closed her eyes as she winced. She grasped her fists tightly before she put up a forced smile.

“It’s nice meeting you, Miss Kim. I’ll make a move now.”

Mr Park has left earlier on after Miss Kim signed the contract. He had to rush back to the office, leaving Wheein with Kim Yongsun. Since then, Miss Kim had been teasing her. Wheein couldn’t handle her embarrassment any longer. She had to leave.

But Miss Kim stopped her. She grabbed Wheein’s left wrist and gently tugged her back.

“I’m sorry for teasing you.”

“You’re enjoying it too much, aren’t you?”

Wheein lowered her gaze at Miss Kim.

“You’re so adorable. You’re funny too.”

Wheein rolled her eyes as Miss Kim gave her a sly grin.

“Are you heading home now?”

Miss Kim suddenly asked.

“Why?”

“Can we have dinner then I’ll send you back home?”

“I live in the dormitory.”

“Oh, then I shall send you back here after dinner? Hamburgers?”

“What?”

“I thought students love hamburgers?”

“You’re teasing me again!”

Miss Kim laughed but she tightened her grip around Wheein’s wrist.

“Okay, I’m sincere about the dinner. You pick.”

“What if I pick the most expensive place in Seoul?”

“You think I’ll mind?”

“Yeah, I was wrong. You probably have eaten at the most expensive place in Seoul.”

“Not necessarily. But we are side-tracking now. So how? Dinner?”

“Not today. I promise my friends I’ll be eating with them.”

“Aw, that’s too bad.”

“How about this weekend? I’ll call you.”

Yongsun smiled widely. She was surprised that Wheein suggested to meet on the weekend. But she was secretly enjoying it.

“Remember to call me. Or I’ll find you here again.”

“No! Just wait for my call!”

Wheein then quickly grabbed her file and ran off as soon as Yongsun released her grip. She then folded her arms as she watched the younger girl disappeared behind the café door.

-

Yongsun couldn’t stop thinking of Miss Clumsy Klutz. She returned to office the next day with a big smile. Her mood was different and Irene noticed it. The assistant was curious.

“What’s happening?”

“Why?”

“What’s with that goofy smile you had on your face all morning?”

“Ah, I’m just feeling good today.”

“How’s the contract went yesterday?”

“I love their proposal. I’ve signed the contract. Someone from the company will be sending the contract over later.”

“Okay, great. It’s almost lunch time. Wanna head out?”

“Ah, I forgot I have a meeting later. I’m not prepared yet!”

“I knew it. I have prepared for you.”

“Aww, you’re so sweet.”

“Shut up. So, you sure you’re not joining me with Wendy?”

“Nope. I’ll just stay in office and read your notes. I’ll grab a quick lunch later.”

“Okay, fine. See you then.”

Irene left the office, leaving Yongsun alone. She leaned back against her armchair and turned to face the window. Someone is still lurking on her mind, refusing to leave her brain. There was this strong attraction Yongsun had towards Jung Wheein. Yongsun just could not shake it off.

Suddenly her phone rang. Yongsun answered without looking at the ID caller.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Miss Kim.”

JUNG WHEEIN?!

Yongsun immediately sat up.

“Oh, hi~”

“Yeah, um, I was just wondering if you would be in the office today.”

“I’m in the office now.”

“Oh, great! I’ll be dropping off the contract.”

“You? How come Mr Park is not doing it?”

“Mr Park is a busy man. He’s busier than me. I’m just doing this as a favour to him. He saved my yesterday.”

“Oh, because you were late?”

“Let’s not go there. I’ll reach in about 5 mins. See you.”

“See you too!”

Yongsun was ecstatic. She quickly got up and tidied her room.  Her favourite clumsy klutz is coming to her office.

-

Lee Jung was biting into her apple, but her mind was floating elsewhere. She was trying to remember the events yesterday. She spent her whole day with Noze. And she was enjoying it. She was aware of her friends giving weird stares yesterday, but she did not care to explain herself.

“Someone was spending her time with Noze.”

Hyejin finally spoke up after the long silence. Once there was food on the table, the girls would eat quietly. Nobody was willing to say anything. Hyejin had finished her salad.

“I happened to meet her at the library.”

“And?”

“Nothing happened, we just exchanged ideas since we have the same title for our Business Law project.”

“I see.”

Hyejin was grinning away; Yeojin was smiling too. These two sly menaces.

“Yeojin unnie, you’re okay with Jungie hanging out with Jihye?”

Hyejin asked again.

“I don’t mind actually. Jihye needs to know more people.”

“The two of you seem comfortable.”

Wheein finally spoke her two cents worth. And Lee Jung knew that tone.

“There’s nothing more than just two uni mates discussing on the same project topic.”

“Defensive much, Wheein is not insinuating anything.”

Hyejin jumped in; knowing Lee Jung was fidgeting too much. She was in her teasing mood, but Lee Jung adamantly insisted that they were just uni mates.

“Seriously, there’s nothing more. I swear! Besides, I just broke up with someone.”

Lee Jung still could not mention the person’s name. It still hurt.  But Lee Jung did not expect Yeojin’s interjection remarks.

“Jihye is also going through a difficult moment. She broke up with her girlfriend of more than 7 years.  The girl still wants to be friends despite the breakup and Jihye just agreed to it because she couldn’t move on either.”

Wheein and Hyejin immediately turned to look at Lee Jung. The latter was already in her deep thoughts. One of many reasons she could finally understand – the level of comfortability and familiarity both girls shared – both were nursing their broken hearts.

Wheein nudged Lee Jung.

“What?”

“You have no idea?”

“No?”

“She didn’t say anything?”

“Nope, I told you. We were just discussing about the project.”

Yeojin placed her hands on Lee Jung’s shoulders and squeezed gently.

“Jihye is not bad.”

“No.”

“I’m just saying. In case if you want to explore more.”

She winked playfully and Hyejin was grinning like a Cheshire cat. Lee Jung rolled her eyes.

“You girls are insane.”

But she could not stop thinking of yesterday. Yesterday moments with Noze were more comforting than her friends.

-

“Heyyyyyy~!”

Noze was putting away her shoes when she heard her 2nd sister’s loud voice across the room.  She smiled widely and quickly rushed to find her favourite sister. Her face lighted up when she saw the 2nd sister in her room, clearing out her luggage.

Gabee is Noze’s 2nd sister.  They were not related by blood, but the girls were raised together as a family. Gabee has since graduated from high school and decided to work.  She was never interested in studies, she wanted to do something bigger. She loves to dance.

So, she packed her bags a month ago and flew to LA just to learn dancing. She picked up English language along the way and boy, she’s good with it. She just got back from her performance stint in New York. Noze was extremely excited to see her sister at home.

“Unnie!”

“Heyyyyyy~ Jihyeeeeee!”

“Are you drunk?”

“Almost. Ya! I just got home, and you had to tease me?”

“You sound like you had a lot of drinks.  You’re slurring your words.”

“Well, I drank a little bit too much thanks to your Hyojin unnie.”

“Hyojin unnie is home too??”

Before Gabee could answer, the older sister jumped on the bed; sent the two other girls flying.

“YA!”

“JIHYEEEEEE~!”

“UNNIEEEEEE!”

Hyojin Choi is the 1st daughter. According to age, Hyojin is the oldest and Noze is the youngest. The 3 girls are extremely close. But just like Gabee, Hyojin has no interest in studies either. She decided to work instead.

“How’s our baby sister doing?”

“I’m doing great. Just started my 2nd year in university a week ago.”

“Aigoo, our maknae is the smartest!”

Gabee briefly pulled Noze for a hug before she cupped her baby sister’s cheeks.

“Are you doing better?”

“Hm?”

“Omma said you’re still getting over Rozalin.”

Noze’s smile faded instantly. Rozalin. The one reason why her heart used to beat but now it seems like her world just crumbled. She was practically crash and burn and nobody was there to help her.

She remembered crying her heart out and drunk called Gabee while she was in LA. Gabee was still half asleep when her little sister called just to cry her heart out. Of course, Gabee was initially angry but there was nothing she could do. She just stayed up and listened to her sister’s rants that night.

“Are you friends with her?”

Hyojin was furious when she learnt from Noze about her breakup. It did not make sense to Hyojin.

“Yeah, but we hardly meet up now. It has been like 2 months since I last met her.”

“She’s seeing someone else?”

“She’s not. We just broke up because she felt that the relationship wasn’t going anywhere; just left stagnant. I think I was in the wrong. I didn’t spend much time with her during our last few months together.”

“How are you taking this?”

“I’m just taking one step at a time.”

“You’re crawling back to your old personal space again.”

“Yeojin unnie helps me a lot. She’s dragging me everywhere she goes; getting to know her friends and hanging out with them.”

Hyojin nodded and Gabee gave her sister a back hug. The two ladies are affectionate towards the youngest. Just then, one of their mothers stepped into the room.

“Ah, all of you are here. Are you done packing?”

“Yeah, and I’m hungry.”

“You just ate on the bus!”

“I’m a growing child.”

“You’re the oldest.”

“Shut up, I’m still thinner than you!”

“Oh my god, the house is never going to be peaceful anymore with these two monkeys at home.”

“OMMA! HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT!”

Noze chuckled softly as the two sisters complaining as they made their way out of the room; following their Omma.  She sighed softly. It had been almost a month since both sisters were busy with their work and she was all alone at home. Well, she wasn’t alone all the time.

“Jihye?”

Noze looked up before smiling widely as she spread her arms and ran towards the woman who called out to her.

“Mommy!”

Noze hugged the older woman tightly.

“Why are you stoning in the room? Why aren’t you with your sisters? They already started eating.”

“I’m not really that hungry. I just got home so felt a little tired.”

“Oh? Are you okay? Do you feel sick?”

The older woman started touching Noze’s forehead and cheeks lightly with the back of her hand. Noze smiled as she shook her head. She took her Mommy’s hand.

“I’m fine. I’m not sick.”

“You have to tell me if you’re sick. Especially your back.”

“Yes, Mommy. I will.”

“Okay, now go and wash up quickly. I better put some food aside for you in case your sisters gobble them up.”

Noze nodded and the older woman leaned in to kiss her forehead. The woman, Rihye is Noze’s Mommy. Ha Nee is their Omma. The two women are best friends who gradually became partners. They live together and then decided to take in the girls.  Hyojin and Gabee were taken in together. After reaching 18 years old, they had to leave their orphanage and fended on their own. Ha Nee has her own restaurant and Hyojin works with her. That was when she found about Hyojin’s plight and found out about Gabee in the process.

They took the girls home; gave them a place to stay and supported them. Soon, Noze joined them. She was just few years younger than them, but Noze was in worse shape compared to the two girls. She was abused by her parents and when they were caught, Noze was taken away from them.  Rihye learnt of her plight, and she officially applied for fostering.

With Noze, Rihye was able to officially foster the girl. And few years down the road, Rihye decided to adopt Noze as her daughter. Eventually, Noze is her legally adopted daughter and the teenager slowly opened to her family. The two older girls are protective of her. Nobody could hurt Noze back in school.  So, naturally when Rozalin broke up with Noze, Rihye was worried for her.

Noze is grateful towards her family especially her Mommy Rihye. If not for her, she might be dying on the streets or living her life in poverty. Now she has been given the opportunity to attend college and live her life at the fullest. She knows she must repay them for all that been given to her.

As she was reminisced her past, she heard someone screaming her name.  Her Omma was calling out for her.

“NOH JIHYE! STOP DREAMING AND COME OUT NOW! YOUR SISTERS ARE GOING TO FINISH UP THE FOOD!”

“JIHYE AH! HURRY UP! YOUR FAVOURITE DRUMSTICK IS HERE!”

“OKAY! COMING!”

Noze immediately ran out of the room and joined her family at the table. Her two sisters were happily eating but she saw a huge drumstick on her plate.

“Thank you, Unnies!”

She hugged them and the two retaliated immediately.

“YA! STOP HUGGING!”

“NOH JIHYE! MY FOOD IS SPILLING!”

But she just pulled them closer.  She loves them. She loves her family more than anything else in the world.

-

Wheein was standing in front of Miss Kim’s office. The receptionist led her in and told her to wait at the lounge, just across of Miss Kim’s office. She looked around in awe. The office was impressive.  The walls were aligned with rewards and certificates of merit, showing off Miss Kim’s success and power in the fashion industry.

“Wow, she’s really good.”

Wheein whispered to herself.  She suddenly felt small and humble. The woman she stepped on was someone with a huge success and harness the power and respect from the people in the fashion industry. Even her own mother sang praises of Miss Kim’s success after taking over her grandfather’s business empire.

“JUNG WHEEIN!”

She was startled by the sudden loud voice. She looked up to find Miss Kim walking towards her with her arms wide open. She stood up instantly.

“Hi, Miss Kim.”

She was about to bow down, but Miss Kim just pulled her in, hugging her tightly. Wheein blinked her eyes a couple of times, bewildered.

“You’re squeezing me?”

“So glad to see you again!”

“But we met yesterday?”

“So?”

“Why are you so happy to see me?”

“I just miss your adorable face.”

Yongsun leaned her face closer where their foreheads were almost touching. She looked into Wheein’s eyes; sniffing Wheein’s sweet scent and then closed her eyes like as though she was capturing everything about Wheein in her memory.

 Wheein was stupefied and mesmerised by Yongsun’s beauty. The close-up was too much for Wheein to handle so she slightly pushed the older woman away.

“What are you doing?”

Wheein whispered softly.

“Admiring your beauty.”

“You’re peering into my face.”

“Did anyone ever told you your dimples are to die for?”

“Are you seriously flirting with me in your office?!”

“Am I too forward?”

Wheein then burrowed her eyebrows together. Yongsun’s sneaky smile was annoying.

“YOU’RE TEASING ME AGAIN!”

Wheein pushed Yongsun away harshly when she realized the older woman’s intention. Yongsun laughed heartily. It was just so fun to Clumsy Klutz.

“You’re so adorable. I swear! I’m not lying about that.”

“Take your contract.”

Wheein swung her hand and threw the contract onto Yongsun’s hands.

“Aw, are you mad?”

“You’re seriously incorrigible. Are you a flirt or something? Is this how you get into woman’s pants?”

“Wow, am I that ert to you?”

“No, but you’re making me uncomfortable.”

Yongsun’s smile faded away. She just realized what she was doing. She knew she was out of the line, but she could not help it. Jung Wheein is just so beautiful and too cute for her not to disturb.  But she was not about to get into Wheein’s bad books. She wanted to look good; or rather she wants to be friends with Wheein for as long as she could.  She quickly offered her apologies.

“I’m sorry.”

“I have to go back to class now.”

“I’ll send you.”

“No, it’s fine. I can take the bus.”

“No, you came all the way here. I should send you back. Please? As an apology for my stupid behaviour earlier on.”

Wheein was still being cautious.

“I was out of the line just now.”

“You are indeed.”

“So, as an apology, I’ll send you back to your university.”

“That’s weird. Usually, people will suggest dinner for an apology.”

“Well, you still owe me dinner. I’m waiting for your invite.”

“But I’m a busy student.”

“Yes, I can see that. So, at least a ride back? Please?”

Yongsun was acting cute. Wheein was amused by this side of the fashion empress. Wheein likes to be clingy and Yongsun is exactly like her.

“Just a ride back.”

“Yes, just a ride back.”

“Nothing else.”

“Yup, promise.”

“No teasing.”

“Done.”

“No making fun of me.”

“I swear I’ll stop.”

“No chatting.”

“I’m not your Grab driver.”

“Okay fine.”

“So, let’s go?”

“Sure.”

Yongsun’s smile was back. She was grinning from ear to ear.

“I’ll grab my car keys and purse. Wait for me here. Just 3 mins.”

Yongsun literally ran back to her office, grabbed her stuffs, and went out almost immediately. She grabbed Wheein’s hand as the pair went down to the carpark.  Yongsun was holding on to her hand, not once letting it go. Wheein glanced down to their hands.

That feeling.

That feeling of warmth.

That butterflies in your stomach.

That feeling of being protected.

This feeling is foreign yet welcoming.

And it did one thing to her heart – deugen deugen.

It is something really new for her.

-

Lee Jung was on her own that afternoon. Wheein had to head somewhere. Yeojin had her dance practice and Hyejin was heading home because her mom needed her.

So, Lee Jung was practically on her own.  She was walking around the town aimlessly. She bought some snacks along the way. She walked past a stationery shop and then spotted someone familiar.

“Noze?”

Noze was on her own too. Her mothers were busy at the restaurant and the two sisters had their own plans after that. She was bored thus she headed out. She happened to walk past the stationery shop. She decided to grab some note pads.

While she was cruising around the shop, she noticed someone was at the door. She looked up, instantly surprised to find Lee Jung smiling at her.

“Oh? Lee Jung?”

“Hey, what are you doing here?”

“I was bored so I walked around this area and got some notepads.”

“Ah, same here. I had nothing to do.”

The two girls decided to hang out together. After getting the notepads, both went on their way. They were walking side by side, aimlessly moving around. They had no plans anyway. Just then, Lee Jung’s stomach was growling. It was loud enough for Noze to hear it. The girl snickered.

“Aish.”

“Are you that hungry?”

“I’m still growing.”

“Girls stopped growing at 19.”

“I’m the exceptional one.”

“Right.”

“Well, can we just grab something to eat? It’s embarrassing enough that this stomach is rebelling.”

“You could have told me.”

“I was shy.”

Noze laughed heartily. Lee Jung was just so funny while trying to find excuses to hide her embarrassment. Noze’s laughter somehow soothed Lee Jung’s heart. She found her new favourite sound.

Suddenly, Noze grabbed her hand and pulled her along.

“Let’s go then. What do you feel like eating? My treat.”

“Really?”

“Yes, what do you feel like eating?”

“Steak!”

Noze rolled her eyes.

“You sure know how to eat.”

“Your treat, right?”

“Sheesh, ok let’s go.”

“Seriously?! We’re really going to eat steak?!”

“I don’t mind changing the menu.”

“No! No! Let’s go!”

Lee Jung dragged Noze along with her as they made their way to the restaurant Lee Jung wanted to eat at. They managed to find seats and settled down almost immediately.  Lee Jung ordered what she wanted to eat and Noze got herself some salad.

“You’re not eating?”

“I don’t really eat steak much.”

“Ah, it’s fine. I bought a huge platter. We can share.”

“Sure.”

The food came along and the girls dug in almost instantly.  They enjoyed their time together; Lee Jung cut some steak meat and gave to Noze. Again, they talked about anything under the sun. It was just so comfortable having conversations like this.

Suddenly, someone came knocking on their table. Both girls looked up. Lee Jung was stunned to find a familiar face staring at them. Noze was just staring at the woman in front of her.

“Wow, fancy meeting you here!”

Noze’s eyes were almost glaring. She kept her silence while Lee Jung was panicking. She saw this girl before.

“Jihye?”

The girl finally called out Noze’s name. Lee Jung saw the changes on Noze’s facial expression. It was not a good one. She remembered Yeojin’s words.

“Yes, Rozalin.”

Noze replied in a harsh tone.

“Are you mad at me?”

“What are you doing here?”

“Am I not allowed to be here?”

“No, you’re free to be anywhere you want to be.”

Noze was upset. Lee Jung could sense it.

“You haven’t answered me. What are you doing here? And who is this?”

“You don’t have to know anything.”

“Noh Jihye, do you have to be so hostile with me?”

“We haven’t seen each other for two months and then now you decided to waltz back into my life and asking personal questions like these. How am I supposed to accept that?”

“Are you on a date?”

“Who’s on a date?”

Someone else came into the picture. This time, Lee Jung was shocked. Noze was rolling her eyes. Rozalin was with another woman, probably older than her.

“So you can be on a date and I can’t?”

Rozalin turned to look at the woman behind her. She sighed softly.

“We just met. Someone set us up for a date.”

The woman in question was staring at Lee Jung. was wide open. She seems surprised to find Lee Jung there.

“Lee Jung?”

This time Noze and Rozalin looked at Lee Jung, then the woman.

“You know her?”

Rozalin asked. But before the woman could answer, Lee Jung stood up and pulled Noze’s hand. She did not say anything, not even a goodbye. Noze was bewildered as well but she welcomed the gesture. She could not look at Rozalin much longer. She needed to leave too. The pair ran out of the place almost immediately. Thank God, Noze paid for their food earlier on.

Lee Jung finally stopped after some time. They were already far away from the place.  The pair was breathless.

“Oh my god, that was the furthest I ever ran.”

“I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s fine. I’m just out of shape I think.”

Noze was breathing hard and Lee Jung felt sorry. She sat down next to Noze and gently caressed her back while Noze tried to even her breathing.

They sat there in silence for 10 minutes before Lee Jung spoke up.

“I’m sorry again.”

“No, it’s okay. I’m good.”

“No, I’m sorry for my behaviour at the restaurant.”

Noze turned to look at her.

“What did you do wrong? I don’t remember you making any mistakes.”

“Running out without saying goodbye.”

“Oh.”

Noze sighed.

“I’m sorry you had to see that.”

“She’s your ex-girlfriend?”

“Yeah, she’s Rozalin.”

“I saw you with her before once at a club.”

“Ah, I was dragged there. I don’t really enjoy clubbing.”

“She dragged you there?”

“Yeah, I mean I just followed whatever she wanted.”

Lee Jung nodded.

“You must have loved her a lot.”

“Hmm?”

“You were so upset earlier on.”

“Well, we broke up because she said I was too boring. I just enjoyed doing stuffs where only both of us could enjoy. But she’s the kind who needs her friends and hang out often with them.”

“You stopped her from going out?”

“Nah, I never did that. I just let her leave with her friends. I did all I could to make her happy. Whatever she wanted, whatever she felt like doing – I let her have the freedom.”

“And that freedom led to something else?”

“My sisters always suspected that she has another girlfriend, but she told me she was not dating anyone. Well, I’m not sure anymore after seeing her with someone else.”

“That someone else is my ex-girlfriend.”

Lee Jung whispered softly. She looked defeated and Noze’s heart ached a little seeing Lee Jung so despondent after the encounter. She leaned closer and patted on Lee Jung’s left shoulder.

“I’m sorry to hear that.”

“Nah, it’s fine. We broke up last winter.”

But Noze could see eyes pooling at the corner of Lee Jung’s eyes. She leaned closer and pulled Lee Jung into her arms.  She hugged Lee Jung tightly.

“It must be tough for you.”

“She was my first love.”

“I understand. I know how that feels.”

“Why did she have to appear in front of me now? I tried to be strong for so long. I avoided her and her news; her presence but I guess it was not enough.”

Noze just listened; not saying anything.  She just held the poor girl in her arms, gently caressing Lee Jung’s back. That prompted the girl to break down and cried. It must be hurting her all this while, but she did not have any venue for her to release her pain.

“Just cry, Lee Jung ah. Just cry your heart out. I’ll be here.”

Lee Jung finally let it out after keeping it in for so long.

-

For some reason, Noze and Lee Jung ended up at a hotel. Lee Jung was so heartbroken that she fell ill after the long hours of crying. She ended up with a fever and Noze had no choice but to rest somewhere. She just randomly booked a hotel room so that Lee Jung could rest for a while.

The girl fell asleep after the medicine. Noze put her to bed and then sat on the sofa; facing Lee Jung who was sleeping soundly. She knew how it felt. She was like that too. The heart got so weary, and you finally felt exhausted. You started crying and then it just broke everything in you.

Lee Jung had kept it inside for far too long. Seeing her ex-girlfriend again opened her old wounds. She never had the chance to really address her broken heart and just forced herself to move on. So, when the final straw broke, Lee Jung eventually got sick.

But this would be a better way of healing. Noze got better after that. Although Rozalin met up with her once in awhile after their breakup, Noze tried not to invest any feelings in their friendship. They were just friends after all.

“Aiki..”

Lee Jung was mumbling in her sleep. Noze quickly got up and sat on the bed next to Lee Jung.

“Lee Jung ah?”

“Aiki unnie..”

She mumbled again. Noze gently caressed her cheeks. The fever has subsided but Lee Jung was still sweating on the forehead. Lee Jung then grabbed Noze’s hand and gripped tightly.

“Don’t go.”

“I’m here. I’m staying with you.”

“Don’t leave me.”

“Rest assured, I’m not leaving you alone.”

“Promise?”

“Yes, I promise.”

“Sleep with me.”

“Huh?”

“I’m afraid of closing my eyes. I keep seeing her. So, please hold me.”

Noze’s heart immediately felt broken. Sheesh, how broken Lee Jung is now.  Noze relented and she got under the blanket. She laid next to Lee Jung, with her arm overlapping Lee Jung. Lee Jung leaned back; closer to Noze’s chest with the latter spooning her.

“Get some sleep, Jung ah.”

Lee Jung nodded lightly and somehow she managed to fall asleep in Noze’s arms.

-