Story of "us"

Rules of engagement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since I was a kid... I always have multiple choices, cause what I hate the most is when I'm stuck to the worst and only option... Like when my mom died and the only option I had was to forget my childhood and be the "light of the house"

There's so many things I wish I did or wish I tried at least, but it all broke down before I can even decide... There's no rope of hope to hold on or grip on...

"Yeri wake up!" I called up to her as I started preparing her breakfast... You know being single isn't that bad, you'll have more time for those who you almost forgot...

"wow pancakes" her soft voice.. Seeing her rubbing her eyes, looking like a bloated doll is what keeps me going every single day... Thinking that as long as I have her, I don't need anything... As long as I have my sister, that's all it matters. "sit down and eat. I'll leave now okay... I'll pick you up from work later... Bye MUAH!" before she can even stop me from going, I picked up my keys and drag my to my car and finally started to go on my day.

 

"have you guys heard about it?" gossips.. "the Park-Shon couple broke up?" gossips... "oh yeah, the rumors said that there's a third-party" gossips everywhere... And I can't keep my silence. "excuse me... Aren't you supposed to be working now? Lunch hour's over 20 mins ago" I know I should calm down but... But...

"I hate rumors you know? I know that rumors broke my family apart... Everytime the lights go off, all I can hear is, people's voice, about me, my mom, my family back then... I don't even know how could I possibly get over this trauma" 

But William- no... Seungwan, rumors scare the hell out of him... He can't even open his mouth when someone asks about rumors or issues about him... He's a popular guy but he hates being the center of attention.

"Ah yes ms.Bae" three of them bowed before going back to their stations. "I see ms 'Bae's triggered" Chanyeol's voice suddenly ploof behind my ear. "Shut up." I tried to to ignore him "Ms.Bae now? Not ms.Delval? Oh right... You're back to your old life, your mom's surname isn't needed" but Chanyeol's not an easy one to ignore.

"fine! I hate it! I hate it when they talk about him! I hate it when they make rumors about him! They don't... They don't even know ho he's feeling or how he's holding up right now Cy... How William- Seungwan's doing right now" I exploded. Thinking about what I did just say... I still care about him, well of course, I do still care about him...he's not easy to forget or even avoid.

I leaned my head forward, letting it fall onto Chanyeol's shoulder. His hand wraps around me as he started to rub my back...

"ahem.." we both flinched from that sudden cough, as we both looked to the direction of where the sound came from... "dad.." We saw my dad, looking away from us. "I hope I'm not interfering something" he clears his throat "of course not dad... What is it? by the way, are you looking for me?" Chanyeol gave me one reassuring squeeze on the shoulder before  leaving me and my dad alone.

"Mr. Lee called"

___________

"You look so good 언니(older-sister)" Yeri stated before making a lil spin as she flex her white lollita dress. "내가 어때? (how 'bout me?)" she asked as if she doesn't know what my answer will be. "Pretty... Really pretty, caused by the one wearing it" Yeri smiled at me softly before giving me a warm embrace.

"girls, girls! We're gonna be late... Go in the car now!" dad stated as we both followed.

"this event isn't the same to the old once so make sure to act more like a lady tonight okay? Yeri?" Yeri seemed to hesitate but still nods her head. "I won't ask you Irene... I know you'll do well sweetheart" my dad stated as he took short glances of my reflection through the mirror... I smiled and nodded "thanks dad"

 

Not long till we've finally arrived at the said place. The event sure is a white- blue and yellow colored event... Maybe because it's a charity event.

"mr Lee called... He wants us to be at his charity event... I won't take any answer besides 'yes'" 

We then began to walk inside... A few greetings from the other guests but no one's familiar to me... Except for Chanyeol's dad. "Park Yoo chun-ssi" I called out and gave my greetings as he does the same. We continued till we reached our table. 

"Oh Ms.Rene!!" those voices... I turned to look at the direction of it and saw "Joy...Seulgi.." Joy hugs me immediately as Seulgi can't stop bowing. "oh I- It's been months I guess?" I looked at my dad, he nodded his head as he's signing me to go. I smiled before walking with Joy and Seulgi to their seats.

"oh uh...sure... He he he" we arrived at their table, only to see Suho awkwardly talking to Rose and Baekhyun keeping his mouth shut... Until "IRENE!!?" Suho's attention immediately l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter