How'd it all started?

Rules of engagement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ms. Delval, good morning... The master's waiting for you outside" the head maid stated. Is it the day where we're supposed to go to work together?

I head outside, seeing William in his car. I slowly approached him "Mr Shon?" I greet him by gently knocking on the car door. He flinched a bit, but then opened the door... Another day to use the rules of engagement.

__________

"I have a tight schedule today, I'll ask Chanyeol to pick you up later" he stated while still focusing his eyes on the road. We arrived at our work place minutes ago. "oh, you really don't need to-" he cut my words up.. "I'm not doing it for you Ms. Irene.. I'm doing this for my sake and your father's."... "oh…of course" I smiled before hopping out of his car.

 

How did it happen? I don't know actually, it all happened so quick...the only thing I remember is..

_FLASHBACK_

"Please do this for me and for your sister Irene.. We're not living at the top anymore, we're gonna lose our company and all of our properties if we got fully bankrupt" I remember my father begging on his knees... Our sales isn't on the good side, our company is sold to William's father, we have to pay them before the year ends, because of our lack of money... My father did the unthinkable. 

"I have a son.. You have a daughter, take it as a friendly offer Hee-chul.. If they got married, I'll give you back your company and we'll share interests in every business yours and my company" that offer that my father could never resist... 

He's not a bad father, he's not the best as well... But I know either way, we both have no choice but to say yes. 

"Ms. Irene?" I got snapped back to reality when I someone called my name. "hm? Yes I'll be there"

__________

After a long and tiring day, I've decided to end the last paper works then proceed to send the files to William's office.

"hm? He's not here?" his office is unusually more quiet, I placed the paper's on his table then heads outside.

I picked my things up, then left the place. I waited outside the building, Chanyeol should be here in a minute now... After a few minutes, his sports car stopped exactly in front of me, opening the shotgun seat's door. "good evening Rene" as usual, he greet me with a warm smile.

******

"how's day?" he asked without breaking his eyes on the road. "the usual, what about you?" I can see his lips curving before answering "I'm great, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter