024

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝Life's most deep feelings are often expressd in silence and the one who can read volumes from your silence is your true companion❞ - Ritu Ghatourey.

 

6:03 am

 

 

The calm morning of winter, the welcoming of the newly arrived December, and the rising sun beaming its sun rays around the garden, the droplets of the gone rain still flowing by the leaves behind the smell of soil which remained, beaming its pleasantness around the home of theirs. 

 

The closed fogged glass window was melting slowly, the second sun rays had radiated through it, but the pair sleeping in each other's embraces had yet to be awakened from it, and it did the moment those rays had sent its heat towards Gayoung. 

 

A disturb frown had appeared between her eyebrows, and a soft groan left her sealed lips to immediately cover her face with the white duvet which covered his head as well, to turn from her side lying position which had her back against him, her head just under his stretched arm, but now her figure was snuggling into his warmth, her face nuzzling into the curve of his neck which felt more warmer than anything. 

 

Like she says, he's warm. 

 

Her arm was wrapped around his waist, as she breathed out slowly to get back to sleep until, felt his arm around her waist which was placed like a lazy wrap which tightened, pulling her closer as his cheek made a contact with her temple with his arm underneath her neck had folded around her shoulder with his thumb caressing the place, and it was enough for her lips to smile against his skin, and it was enough for him to smile lazily at her actions. 

 

Their lazy smiles but their happy smiles. 

 

"Did you sleep well, baby?" 

 

He questioned, in a mumble yet his voice came out raspy and it evoked a fluttering sensation in her stomach with a lazy hum leaving her lips while her eyes were still closed. "Did you sleep well?" 

 

He hummed, his lips brushing her forehead lazily. "It's morning." 

 

"And it's Sunday, so let me sleep, you old man." She grumbled, and Baekhyun chuckled, almost audible but she felt it through her against his chest. "Well, I wasn't the one waking up at almost 4 in the morning to eat midnight snacks, baby." 

 

True, she had woken up in the middle of the night just because she was suddenly hungry, and as much as she didn't want him to wake up, he did, and stayed up with her until she was done eating yet it didn't end just with them cooking or eating because there were more to it but were successful enough to sleep on time. 

 

"And who's fault is it that it took me a while to cook?" She asked, her cheeks heating up at the memory of it, and he hummed. "Mine, but you know you're hard to resist, baby." 

 

"And now you're flirting." 

 

"That's my right." 

 

"Stop being corny in the morning." 

 

She scrunched her nose, leaning her head away as her head ended up on his bicep as her eyes glanced up at his face, the sunlight over the white duvet had given enough light to make their faces seen clearly and her arm around his waist was pulled back to press her palm against the side of his neck with her thumb his jaw while a warmth crawled through her insides the moment her mind crossed the moment of theirs. 

 

Something so warm, so pleasantly and soothingly beautiful. 

 

Her lazy yet adore filled eyes gazed at his peaceful self, and his arms around her figure holding her so tight yet safely had her lips grace in a soft smile. 

 

"Do you have to be at work today?" 

 

"Well, doctors rarely have Sundays." He mumbled, leaning into her warm touch as his forehead rested against hers, before he heard her speaking up. "Does that rarely happen today?" 

 

His eyes opened with a flutter, as he leaned his head back to take a look at her only to get blown off by the sight, as his eyes met hers already staring at him, her cheeks glowing crimson totally evident, something he sees every day yet his heart jolts up every time at the sight which would always had him an urge to graze his thumb through it. 

 

"Maybe," He paused, his eyes boring into hers intently. "But I don't think I can go to work when you're looking like this." 

 

"Like what?" 

 

"Like," His eyes caught the sight of her in his white shirt as his lips curved in a lazy yet teasing smirk as he shot her an impressive look with a quick creased forehead. "Not bad, baby." 

 

Her already heated up cheeks warmed even more as she palmed her eyes. "Shut up." 

 

He let out a chuckle, "And do have any idea," He trailed off, his palm sliding down the curve of her waist to her hip slowly but it was enough to have her breath hitched, before feeling it grazing her thigh in a soft brush, "How distracting your legs are?" 

 

Her heart hammered behind her chest, as she removed her hand from her eyes to meet his eyes, boring right into hers intently yet intensely and her lips parted. "Like you roaming around shirtless isn't?" 

 

A grin curled his lips. "So what should we do, baby?" 

 

"So we should go back to sleep." 

 

Her eyes closed yet her lips were smiling and as she thought he'd be doing the same thing only to feel his lips pressing on her forehead the next second, but it didn't stop there as she felt his lips brushing the place above her eyebrow and her eyes opened as he backed away to meet his gaze. 

 

Her hand around his neck reached out to brush her fingers through his messy hair yet it got even more messy since the duvet over them wasn't helping it, and a giggle left her lips as she retreated her hand back to find his eyes closed, where she shifted lying on her back with his arm still around her waist before feeling his face snuggling against the side of her face as his lips rested over her the shell of ear. 

 

"Are you sure you're not going?" She asked, slowly removing the duvet from her head along with his, while tucking away her hair from her face with a scrunch of her nose but froze the moment she felt his lips mumbling against her ear as he spoke. "You were the one who didn't want me to go." 

 

She slightly leaned her ear back feeling her chest heating up at the sensation to swallow as she spoke up. "Yeah, but might be important?" 

 

"We'll see about that, baby." He whispered, his breath fanning right through her ear which had her push her head slightly away from him. "Okay, but can you not talk into my ear?" 

 

"And can you not push me away?" 

 

"Because you're trying to speak right into my ear." 

 

"Does it tickle?" 

 

His lips brushing her ear to which she gasped, trying to push him away but his grip tightened which had him giggle the way she was trying to get away as he opened his eyes to find her struggling self in a much adorable way with Gayoung meeting his adoring gaze as she stopped resisting the moment she found a sparkling glint behind them. 

 

His hand reached out, brushing his fingers through her bangs softly with their eyes boring into each other's intently, a glint of adoration behind it, a comforting warmth in just being there, in each other's arms, something so subtle yet the impact was much more than it. 

 

"I'm feeling hungry." 

 

She uttered, palming her stomach with a pondering look and Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, amused. "Again?" 

 

"What do you mean again?" 

 

"You ate like," He trailed off, raising himself up as he turned his torso behind to the nightstand to quickly check the time to turn back to her with his figure hovering over her as his palm pressed against the mattress by her waist. "Three hours ago, baby." 

 

"So, I'm a human, and I can feel hungry at any time." She frowned, before squinting her eyes. "Stop looking at me like that." 

 

"Like what?" 

 

"Like I'm some kind of alien." 

 

"Blue or white?" 

 

"You're so mean!" 

 

She pushed him away the second he started laughing as his back landed back on the mattress as she sat up with a glare toward him yet he was unfazed, laughing his heart out unlike before he didn't find this hilarious while she turned toward the window to enjoy the warm sunlight on her face until she felt him sitting up to turn her gaze back to him to find him stretching his arms ahead. 

 

"Let's go." He uttered, meeting her eyes with his messy hair almost hiding his eyes to immediately pushing it back as he got off the bed where her eyes gazed at him clad in his black shirt fitting perfectly paired up with grey sweatpants. 

 

Her man was hot, and she knew it and he knew it as well but she was the only one admiring it at the moment or more. 

 

"You're staring, baby." 

 

"Where?" She blurted out, but snapped out the moment his forehead creased, a teasing smile gracing his lips as he bent over with his knee on the mattress and Gayoung was quick to shoot her forefinger toward him. "Before you get into any weird thoughts, I meant to say where are we going?" 

 

He let out a chuckle before kissing her forehead as he linked his forefinger with hers. "Kitchen it is, baby." 

 

Gayoung nodded, smiling before removing her duvet off from her to get up not noticing how his eyes gazed at her with a daze look, clad in nothing but his white shirt reaching enough to hide her mid-thighs but enough to jolt his heart as he stayed still, lost until she was standing right in front of him. 

 

"Now who's staring?" 

 

"You're changing in your pajamas." He stated, clearing his throat as he felt his ears turning warm with Gayoung giving him a confused look. "I don't really feel cold right now, Baek." 

 

"Not just because of that," He trailed off, his eyes gazing up to down to meet her eyes again, "You look… " He took a pause to swallow. "Hot." 

 

Gayoung stood still, blinking a couple of times as warmth rushed into her. "Oh." 

 

"Don't oh me, baby." 

 

"You're flustered right now, no?" She teased, tilting her head stepping closer to him as his figure towered over her and Baekhyun tilted his head, squinting his eyes at her teasing eyes and smile yet it fluttered his heart before his lips curved in a teasing smile, as he stepped more closer to her, enough to lock his arms around her waist. "Don't make me backfire those words on you, baby." 

 

She let out a hum, locking her arms around his neck. "And how would you do that?" 

 

"Stop flirting if you want to have a quick breakfast." He uttered, his palm sliding down her lower back and it was enough to have her hold her breath with a sudden giddiness inside, with his head tilting while leaning closer to brush his nose through hers as their lips were inches away. "So change into your pajamas if you don't want to be distracted by me again." 

 

She rolled her eyes. "Fine." 

 

But before she could have backed away, he had tightened his grip around her only to pull her into a kiss, and she was taken aback but reciprocated almost immediately, their warmth colliding with a pleasant sensation, their lips smiling against each other's, her arms tightening around him the moment he deepened the kiss with his arms pulling her closer against him. 

 

As soon as their foreheads were against each other's, a growling sound erupted in the silent room of theirs, and it was evident who was the hungry from the two of them as a whine left her lips but a giggle from his lips had her giggle back as his lips met hers again with their giggles erupting through their lips softly. 

 

"Come on, before we hear a roar of mice from your stomach." He joked, and earned a slap from her on his arm yet couldn't stop the laugh coming through her lips. "Shut up!" 

 

Soon enough, both of them had washed up with their little laughter in the bathroom beside each other as they couldn't stop making faces through the mirror while brushing teeth together with Gayoung changing into pajamas while he was in the kitchen preparing the ingredients to make the french toast because that's what his wife was craving to have, and him being the whipped for her wouldn't be able to refuse. 

 

Gayoung walked out, changed into one of her black pajama with her hair tied in a low bun around her nape but stopped in the middle of her steps the moment her eyes stopped at her husband, busy and focused in his task of whisking eggs in the bowl but the sight had her gaped, fluttering her heart for some reasons and it was totally evident of her becoming whipped for her husband and she could see it, but there was no ounce of the complain behind it. 

 

"Come here, baby." 

 

Baekhyun uttered, his eyes still on his task yet he could make out the strong gaze from her with Gayoung biting her lip with a sheepish look to walk up to him with a smile. "You mixed everything already?" 

 

"Yeah, just dipping the bread is left to fry it." 

 

"I'll do it." 

 

She immediately stood in front of him against the counter with her back against his chest while her head just under his chin as he didn't have the time to step back at the sudden action of hers but even after that, he stood still while she was busy, and focused dipping the bread in the bowl to place it in the fry pan. 

 

"Can you hand me the spatula?" Gayoung asked, but not getting any response or movement from him, she tilted her head towards him over her shoulder to meet his eyes as she blinked. "Baek?" 

 

"Hm?" 

 

"Give me spatula." 

 

"Oh," He cleared his throat, stepping back to get it from the other side. "Yeah." 

 

Gayoung bit her lip, trying to contain herself from giggling out loud as she took the spatula with him standing again behind her. "What got you distract again?" 

 

"You know who's distracting me, baby." He spoke, his breath fanning her temple as he peek through her task of frying and Gayoung frowned, placing the bread on the plate. "I didn't even do anything to distract you, Baek." 

 

"That's what you think." His arms wound around her waist to place his chin on her shoulder not before kissing her temple softly as she smiled at his actions to continue her task. "And I'm sure you have lot of things going in your head right now." 

 

"Oh, you have no idea, baby." He whispered, pressing his lips on her jawline which had her frozen for a second to lean into his touch as his face nuzzled into the curve of her neck, his lips kissing her skin softly, making her grip tightened on the spatula to sigh softly at the warm sensation. "Okay, you gotta let me go now." 

 

He was quick to obey as he leaned his head back, yet his hold on her was still as his eyes took a sight of the tattoo of hers on her nape, something so tiny but much to take his full attention always enough that he seems intrigued about it, to even finding it hard to take his gaze off from it as his thumb brushed over it softly while Gayoung didn't flinch this time, because it wasn't the first time his touch was there, and his touch is always warm to even hate it. 

 

"It's beautiful." 

 

He uttered, a soft glint in his eyes. "Are you sure it didn't hurt?" 

 

"Not that I can remember of, because it was almost a decade ago." She shrugged, stepping aside from the stove as she cut the breads into two slides before turning around to lean her back against the counter with him standing still, his hands either side of her over the counter as she took a bite of her bread to feed him afterwards as she munched. "Are you thinking about getting one?" 

 

Baekhyun munched, a pondering look on his face as he took another bite of her bread. "Not a bad idea though." 

 

"Of course, my ideas are always good." She tilted her head with a smug grin, and he chuckled, nodding before brushing his thumb over the bottom of her lower lip to wipe away the mess as he held her chin between his thumb and forefinger to lean closer as he stole a quick kiss from her lips with a smile. "I do agree." 

 

"Like this?" 

 

"You have another way to agree?" He tilted his head, his forehead creasing in a questioning yet teasing way with Gayoung imitated his expression. "I might do." 

 

"Oh, enlighten me then, baby." 

 

A smile curved on her lips, as she reached out sliding her arm around his neck with her wrist against his nape to pull him down as she pressed her lips on his cheek for a moment which had his lips grace with a contented smile the moment he felt her lips smiling against his skin, warm, a little oily but that could work for now because the feeling of pleasantness was worth it, as she leaned her head back to meet his eyes, sparkling. "Is this enlightenment enough?" 

 

He bit his lip, looking up with a pondering look before meeting her eyes again. "I think it was 45% of enlightenment." 

 

Her head tilted with a look. "Yeah?" 

 

"Yeah, I think we need to get to 100% of it." 

 

He nodded, as if serious about his words which hardly made sense yet it was enough for her lips to let out a chuckle through it, enough for her other arm to lock behind his nape pulling him into a kiss, gentle and warm, deep enough for him to tighten her grip to lift her up as a subtle gasp left her lips by the sudden actions as she ended up sitting on the counter with him standing between her legs. 

 

Their eyes bored for a moment, a warm intensity around, his hand reaching out to cup side of her neck as he pressed a lingering kiss on her forehead, her eyes closed at the moment before feeling his lips by the corner of her eye, trailing down to her cheek with her hand sliding down from his nape to clutch the front of his shirt as she pulled him closer where his lips grazed the corner of her lips but before his lips could've met hers, his hand bumped onto the spatula beside her resulting a sound which startled them enough to lean away from each other. 

 

Their rounded eyes met, before they went soft with a blank stare only to burst out laughing the next moment. 

 

She wiped away the oily mess from his cheek, still laughing as his head tilted down trying to calm down himself. "We really have to check around before doing anything." 

 

"Right." She nodded, still smiling as she took his face between her palms to place a quick kiss on his forehead as he smiled, taking another slice of bread to bit it quickly with a nod. "It's delicious." 

 

"Tell me something I don't know." 

 

"Too bragging, baby." 

 

"Fact it is, Baek." 

 

The fact he had to agree with or without the enlightenment of theirs. 

 

 

___________

 

 

 

The time struck past 7 and both of them were seated on the couch, watching the sun rising more through the open window of the garden, listening to the sound of chirping birds in the silent living room of theirs where they were cuddled close to each other, her hand playing with his hand and leaning her back against his chest sitting between his legs while he was leaned against the armchair behind, his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter