016

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝You don't find love, it finds you. It's got a little bit to do with destiny, fate and what's written in the stars❞ - Anais Nin.

 

 

4:15 pm

 

 

"Mommy, should I water these too?" 

 

Areum questioned, holding a small watering can in her hands, and standing in her bun looking adorable by matching the casual dress up look like her mother who was sprinkling water to the high plants and flowers since Areum wouldn't be able to reach it. 

 

Gayoung glanced at her to smile with a nod. "You can, princess." 

 

"Mommy, Mongryong wants more biscuits!" Seojun yelled, settled under the fort while playing with his puzzles with Mongryong by his side distracting him to give him more biscuits to which he whined, and Gayoung sighed, continuing her task. "We're short of biscuits, and a lot of things so let's wait for dad, and we'll go shopping." 

 

"You heard mommy, now let's play then eat something else later." He hushed him, and Mongryong being the obedient one to follow suit with the mother and daughter immersed in their task of taking care of the garden as usual while their dad, and her husband was still not back from his work. 

 

After the event night, everyone had left for their respective homes next day, since the weekend was over with their one week leave, and Granny's guest house had to be run again and it's been just a few days, yet everyone was missing the days of their stay there as those days were filled with nothing but joy, comfort and peace with lots of love and laughter. 

 

Mrs. Tae had fetched the kids from the school today, since it was a half day at their school but Gayoung got too busy with her work as well as Baekhyun who had texted her about him getting late because of the lined up surgeries and checkups he had, hence, they had asked her who didn't mind as always to be thankful for her. 

 

Gayoung and Areum slowly began to hum to some Disney songs together with Seojun and Mongryong looking at them with a done look since both of them weren't really good singers, let alone singing with a high note was enough for him to cover his ears, enough for him to not to notice his dad walking inside to stand at the door frame of the garden with a surprised look. 

 

"Let it go~" 

 

Gayoung turned around, singing her heart out only to get startled, seeing Baekhyun standing in the doorway, not so far away with a surprised look enough for her to stop with a stumble of her foot resulting her to fall down back on the grass with a yelp leaving her lips, flinching the trio as Areum exclaimed. "Mommy!" 

 

"Dad, you scared mommy!" 

 

Seojun yelled, with a pouty frown as he stood up to walk to her and Baekhyun was quick to follow toward his wife on the grass with a crying expression while holding her foot with Areum by her side hugging her neck until he also crouched down in front of her to hold her foot. "Is it hurting?" 

 

"Not this foot." She narrowed her eyes, and Baekhyun pressed his lips together to hold back his laugh as he took a hold of her other foot with Gayoung flinching to look at him in disbelief. "Are you seriously laughing right now?" 

 

"No," He cleared his throat, rubbing her foot as he met her eyes. "I just can't erase your singing out of my head." 

 

"You're just jealous that I'm talented both in singing and dancing." She scoffed, looking away to find Seojun looking down cupping his mouth as he and Baekhyun exchanged a look with an almost breaking out laughing look with Gayoung rolling her eyes. "I can't believe this!" 

 

"Don't bully mommy!" 

 

Areum glared at the males adorably and Gayoung cooed to kiss her cheek. "Gosh, that's my little bean." 

 

"Okay, come on, get up." 

 

"I can't get up as you can see that a certain someone has a habit of scaring me and so I think I got a cramp in my foot to even stand up." Gayoung stated, with a much sarcastic smile and Baekhyun bit his lip, nodding. "That's an exaggeration." 

 

"Still a fact." 

 

She shrugged, holding out her hand for him to grab it to help her stand up but to her surprise, he lifted her in his arms, effortlessly, with her arms wrapping around his neck with a subtle gasp as he walked inside, with the kids behind giggling to themselves as they continued playing around leaving Gayoung with a shy warmth around her cheeks. 

 

"Why didn't you become a stuntman instead of a doctor?" She asked, unconsciously clutching his collar of his button down as he made her sit on the couch with Baekhyun frowning as he walked away in the room while asking. "Why?" 

 

"You just love showing off your strength in front of our kids." She shrugged, pursing her lips as she leaned back with a wince where Baekhyun walked out with a spray in his hands as he kneeled down in front of her with a smile. "So our kids can look up to their strong dad who can lift up their mommy." 

 

"I can't tell if you're calling me fat or just bragging about yourself." 

 

"I wouldn't want to be beaten up." 

 

"Yeah, right." 

 

He just let out a chuckle, before taking a hold of her foot only for Gayoung to pull it back. "No, it will sting." 

 

Baekhyun looked up at her. "It will be just for a second." 

 

"But-" She gasped, when he held her foot gently to spray on the aching place with her scrunching her nose after feeling the stung to feel a cold impact right after as she relaxed, with Baekhyun grabbing the pillow to place it on the table to put her foot on it for a rest. "Now, stay still for a while." 

 

"What will I do sitting here alone?" She asked, giving him an innocent look which was her indirect way of asking him to sit with her as a smile curved on his lips, as he nodded. "I'll be back." 

 

He walked in the room, with Gayoung looking outside in the garden with a smile to find Areum and Seojun enjoying their time to avert her gaze back to him when she felt his faint steps as he stood in front of her with a book being extended to her while a laptop in his other hand. 

 

She took it, with him taking a seat next to her as their shoulders brushed, but the contact was comforting enough for them to be used to it, as the next minute, they were immersed in their own respective task yet the silence between them, Areum and Seojun giggles echoing in the house was peaceful enough to enjoy the moment by themselves. 

 

Soon enough, as Gayoung was reaching to an important point of the plot of the book she was reading, a sudden weight falling on her shoulder had her flinch, to tilted her head to the side slowly to find Baekhyun's sleeping, as she blinked a couple of times without stirring or moving to not to disturb his sleep as she knew how much busy he had gotten from the day they were back from the trip to even get a time for a peaceful sleep. 

 

A smile graced her lips, to turn back to the book while trying not to move too much until Seojun and Areum ran inside with their giggles with Gayoung hushing them as they were quick to follow as Gayoung gestured them to get a blanket to wrap it around him and they were quick to run into their room to bring the small blanket of theirs, as the trio helped together to do the task to protect the man from any cold since the weather was changing its seasons mow.

 

Gayoung gave a flying kiss to her little beans as they returned to run inside their room with Mongryong following suit, and left the couple alone. 

 

A few minutes later, Gayoung had finished the book with an excited gasp as she liked the ending but forgetting for a moment that her husband was sleeping beside her, she moved a little enough for him to stir as the next second, his arm wounded her over her stomach with her breath hitching to freeze the next moment as he snuggled against her neck. 

 

Her hand clutched tightly on the book, as she tried to move a bit but it was enough for him to wake up as his head raised a bit with a squint of his eyes to greet her side profile, something he had been seeing a lot yet he would find it admirable every time but something different displayed in his eyes to find a crimson shade around her cheek as he frowned, to lift his head up fully to place the back of his fingers around her cheek to feel a warmth. "Are you having a fever?" 

 

Gayoung tilted her head towards him to meet his concerning soft eyes, as she shook her head slowly, not even trying to flinch away from his touch. "No." 

 

"Really?" His head tilted, as he pulled back his hand to casually place it behind her on the headrest with his arm still over her stomach which he seemed to have no idea about, as Gayoung nodded, slowly still feeling her rapid heartbeat behind her chest with his face close to hers. "Really." 

 

"Okay," He nodded, patting the back of her head gently yet affectionately as she looked away with a shy warmth. "My foot, I think it fell asleep." 

 

Baekhyun let out a laugh. "What?" 

 

"You are not laughing, I can't move my foot, Baekhyun!" 

 

"Okay, okay." He chuckled, shaking his head as he leaned forward with his arm pulling away from her stomach to which he realized it, as he froze for a moment to meet her eyes with a shy feeling to remove the blanket from him as he took a hold of her foot with Gayoung gasping. "Wait-" 

 

"What?" 

 

"It feels ticklish." 

 

"It's normal." 

 

"But it's still ticklish." She whined, closing her eyes the moment she felt the ticklish sensation in her foot before feeling a soft knock on her forehead as he laughed. "You're such a Gayoung." 

 

Gayoung looked at him with a giggle. "Obviously." 

 

He carefully tried to grab her foot but she squealed enough for the kids to walk out of the room with a concerned face only to laugh at the scene to find their mommy being a little baby as they joined Baekhyun helping out only to make her yelp again to which they just laughed, enjoying the moment. 

 

And their little family moment had continued, a loud one but filled with so much joy and warming laughter. 

 

_____________

 

 

7:01 pm 

 

 

Chatters and chaos was usual in the hallway, and the lobby of the hospital of the doctors and nurses along with the patients who were being treated in the emergency room as a familiar doctor was spotted among them, Lee Woo-Jin, working hard in his profession with much professionalism. 

 

Then, there were some senior doctors who were being called to help out through their experience as Zhang Yixing and Byun Baekhyun were present there, as Woo-Jin stood by them peering through the monitor of the CT scan of the patient who was brought here in emergency with their discussion continued to come with the conclusion after as the evening was getting even more busier than they had imagined as they had a place to be. 

 

And Byun Baekhyun was one of them, who had to be at a Bakery Shop to meet his family as this evening was decided to be spend with a newly hobby of Areum and Gayoung baking cookies and for that, they had rented a Bakery Shop of her friend where Baekhyun was soon to join them but it seemed difficult task to do so. 

 

However, Just when he thought he was free to leave, a sudden commotion erupted in the ward which he was present to not to notice, nor wasn't able to ignore it and it took him to resolve the issue with him needing to call Min-Jae since his profession, and he himself was needed here as well. 

 

After the chaos had calmed down, he took his tired steps to his cabin after hanging up the call of his emergency surgery of the brought up patient before plopping on the chair to lean his head back against the chair with a sigh leaving his lips indicating his tiredness to rub his eye gently to rest for a moment but Gayoung and the kid's face flashed in his mind to have him lean forward to call them. 

 

But, at the moment, his phone rang with Gayoung's name appearing on the screen and he couldn't help but be surprised about the unexpected telepathy as he was quick to swipe up the call on the video call mode only to greet Seojun's toothy grin. "Hello, dad!" 

 

A chuckle left his lips at his adorable little one. "Hey, little Spiderman, what's happening?" 

 

"Mommy said to call you to ask when are you coming?" 

 

He asked, his eyes getting round as always melting his heart but before he could answer him, he switched the camera to the back where he was greeted with the females of his house as there was his other little one Areum, sitting on the counter with her ponytail and her cheeks floured then his eyes averted to his wife, Gayoung, clad in her black sleeveless turtleneck which clung perfectly to her curves with her high ponytail while her face covered with flour like Areum. 

 

The sight looked way too adorable for him not to smile as Areum waved at him to pout. "When are you coming, dad?" 

 

"Sorry, I think I'll be late, princess." Baekhyun pouted back, genuinely feeling guilty for not making it on time, with Gayoung looking up immediately to find him still in his scrubs. "Is everything okay there?" 

 

Seojun handed the phone to her which she took it before dusting off her hands as he was sitting on the stool by the counter with Mongryong on the counter beside Areum, with Gayoung walking a little away from them to talk to him as Baekhyun sighed. "I don't think I'll be able to make it there." 

 

"Why?!" She exclaimed, only to close with an embarrassed look since she was really looking forward to it, and Baekhyun stared at her with amusement to chuckle afterwards. "I get it that you can't handle your clumsy self without me, but I still have a surgery to do and I don't know when I'll be finished to come there." 

 

"Oh," She mumbled, and Baekhyun tilted his head with a guilty look. "I'm sorry, I know you all were looking forward to it but I didn't know things would get hectic like this suddenly." 

 

Gayoung gave him a soft smile. "That's okay, they need the genius doctor Byun Baekhyun there and we can plan it out next time!" 

 

She understood, recalling when he came home to rest for a while only to leave after getting an emergency call from the hospital and she could see he was tired as well. 

 

Baekhyun chuckled, nodding. "Yes, I promise." 

 

"Mommy, we have to put the cookies in the box!" 

 

"It's a stove!" 

 

"It's an oven!" 

 

Gayoung corrected them, looking at them with a chuckle to look back at him with a smile. "Then, we'll see you at home and I'll text you, and good luck!" 

 

He nodded, "Yeah, but clean up yourself before going out unless you want to scare people." He pointed towards her cheeks with Gayoung's jaw dropping at his comment to which he giggled, as she mimicked him to hang up with a chuckle of bye. 

 

Baekhyun bit his lip with a smile, tapping his phone with a mischievous thought running into his mind until a knock erupted at his cabin door to find his colleague calling him for the surgery as he stood up and walked outside with the best luck by his side. 

 

Back to Gayoung, who sighed, with a pout to look back at her little beans as they pouted as well, knowing but she smiled afterwards, making them understand while being the understanding kids, they did, to continue with the task of keeping the cookies in the oven to bake as they got busy without knowing how the time was passing by. 

 

Seojun had no interest in the activity, but he wanted to join and all he was doing the whole time was to bother his mother and his sister along with Mongryong as Gayoung kept getting scared of him for letting him walk around freely or would ruin Areum's cookies which she had tried hard to make resulting him to get scolded by both females. 

 

Pouting, he hopped off the stool carefully as Gayoung was watching him, to ask him to be careful and not to run around since they had yet to clean up the mess around the kitchen of the Shop as he walked to find the switchboard on the wall as a naughty smile curled his lips as he reached out, turning off and on the lights. 

 

Gayoung, who placed the tray of the baked cookies on the counter, gave a sharp look at his naughty little one. "Seojun, stop playing around." 

 

"This is fun, mommy!" 

 

"Seojun, it's not our shop, so don't mess up with them, or you'll get hurt." She warned him, as he kept doing it only for her to pace towards him with a whisk pretending to smack him with that, as Seojun let out a squeal of giggles to run away from the spot towards the counter, leaving the lights off as it got dark with Gayoung huffing. "Gosh, you little Spiderman!" 

 

"Both of you stay still wherever you are, I'll turn on the lights!" 

 

"Yes mommy!" 

 

"What do I do with him?" She mumbled, fishing out her phone to turn on the flashlight, walking towards the spot where Seojun was standing earlier while touching the wall beside her only to spot a pair of sneakers down the flashlight as her heartbeat quickened anxiously with a wave of fear to immediately scream with a flow of her whisk swinging by whoever was standing as the person fell over with a loud groan. 

 

She immediately the lights and Areum and Seojun exclaimed together. "Dad!" 

 

"Dad?!" 

 

Gayoung turned to the direction with a gasp to find Baekhyun on the floor, holding his head while hissing in pain as he looked at her with his narrowed eyes. "Not yours, obviously." 

 

"Oh my god!" cupped, with the widened of her eyes as she crouched down in front of him with her hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter