020

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home❞ - Stephanie Perkins.

 

8:13 am

 

 

"Let's check if they're awake since they have to leave in a few." 

 

Yixing spoke, stepping out of the elevator along with Yoora who gave him a contemplating look. "Are you sure about this? Aren't we gonna just disturb them?" 

 

"Disturb?" Yixing frowned. "It's not like they'd be sleeping hugging each other." 

 

"You're impossible." Yoora groaned, slapping his back as he hissed while walking down the hallway toward the room. "I am just saying since Gayoung has to discharge in a few minutes so they'd be awake by now and if not, then we'll wake them up, is that a bad thing?" 

 

"Yes, it feels like we're intruding," She sighed, giving him a done look. "I really don't know how Soo-Ah is handling your idiotic ." 

 

"Please, it's better than your boyfriend handling your demanding ." He retorted back, and got another slap on his back as he hissed, giving her a glare. "If only you weren't a woman." 

 

"Don't fret." 

 

Reaching the room, Yixing was quick to open the door and as soon as his eyes had adapt to the sight in front of him, his jaw dropped with a shocked face to immediately let out a huge gasp as a scream almost left his lips but Yoora was fast enough to palm his mouth as she, herself was surprised at the sight but couldn't let the idiot beside him to ruin it. 

 

There they were, Baekhyun and Gayoung, sleeping on the bed and just like Yixing had said, sleeping hugging each other because that's exactly what they were seeing, with her lying on her back while him beside her facing her with his forehead against her temple and their arms tangled together along with their hands on her stomach. 

 

And the beautiful sight only indicated one thing, and as soon as both Yixing and Yoora got it, both of them met each other's eyes with a smile of relief and contentment. 

 

"I can't believe this." Yoora commented, her lips widening her smile and Yixing shook his head with a smile. "Holy sh-" 

 

Yoora was quick to slap his mouth softly before he could have swore loudly and Yixing was far bothered by his mouth getting smacked as he had fished out his phone with an excited expression to walk to the bed as he hovered the camera over the sleeping couple to immediately begin to take some pictures of them while popping his face between with a hooray face. 

 

Yoora could just groan internally while the pair was unaware of their doings happening around them. 

 

However, the next second, she reached out grabbing him by the collar of his white coat to instantly dragged him out of the room with herself with her grumble behind at the man who wouldn't stop gushing over them. 

 

"They'll just wake up on their own, so let's get out." 

 

The sound of the door closing shut went through Gayoung's ear as her mind began to adjust to the world to open her eyes with a slow flutter to feel something against her temple, something warm before feeling an arm around her with their hands entwined, and her head tilted to the side only for her nose to brush against his nose, and a fluttering warmth crept through her chest to her cheeks at the position, yet her lips graced in a shy yet beautiful smile. 

 

It was strange that the sound of the door woke her up but not him, the one who is actually the light sleeper as if the deep slumber was way too precious to be awakened from the sound and the thought had her chuckle silently. 

 

Another strange thing was that now they didn't have to be awkward after waking up in their arms, but it would be totally opposite of it, and this strange thing seemed pretty good to feel, and pretty good to have. 

 

Gayoung's eyes took a notice of his peaceful sleeping self, staring at him with soft yet adoring gaze and before she knew it, she leaned in pressing her lips on his forehead to lean away with a smile, but her eyes turned panicking ones when she felt him moving, and in the flow his face nuzzling against her as his nose brushed right against her ear which left a shuddering sensation in her resulting her breath hitched for a second. 

 

She let out a deep exhale with a mumble leaving her lips. "I gotta get used to this now." 

 

"Used to what?" 

 

She almost gasped the moment his husky whisper escaped, as his lips brushed over the shell of her ear which had her heartbeat quickened, as she was still frozen, before he leaned away as she let out her holding breath with his head raising from the pillow slightly to greet the side profile of her.

 

He blinked, once, twice, and thrice before her head tilted toward him, meeting her eyes as his eyes bored into hers silently yet intently before a lazy yet beautiful smile graced his lips. "Good morning." 

 

It would be a lie if Gayoung wouldn't admit that how her heart skipped a beat, as she couldn't help but admire his morning messy hairstyle, and all she could think was how can someone look so adorable and y at the same time as she stared at him awestruck. 

 

Oh, she was literally done for good. 

 

At last, snapping out from her admiration, she broke out in a soft smile. "Good morning." 

 

He attempted to get up but his arm under her neck stopped him as a frown plastered on his face before he heard her soft chuckle as the next second, she was getting up too, with his hand palming her mid back as both of them ended up sitting together to look at each other with their little smiles. 

 

"We have got a messy bunny here." He reached out, tucking her hair away from her face as her nose scrunched, and her eyes widened the next second, as well as his too, as he pulled away his hand pretending to wipe it off with his jeans by his thigh. "Greasy hair." 

 

And earned a good smack from him as he hissed, with a narrowed look towards her. "Are you sure you're a patient?" 

 

"No, but I can hit more than this so be careful, doctor." She gave him a confident look and Baekhyun's forehead creased. "Is that a challenge, professor?" 

 

"Certainly." 

 

He chuckled, before his eyes softened. "Did you sleep well? Did you feel comfortable with your arm?" 

 

Gayoung nodded. "Yes, I slept well and you did too." 

 

"Yeah, I slept well." His eyes bored with an intent gaze, yet with an adoration of how he was relieved to be able to be by her side, and his eyes were enough to convey those emotions as Gayoung felt her heart melted as a smile curved on her lips. "Let's go home, Baekhyun." 

 

His eyes turned blank for a moment to turn playful. "You can't wait to wash your hair, right?"

 

She let out a giggle with a nod. "Yeah, I can't wait to go home with you." 

 

His heart skipped a beat, and the way her giggles erupted softly had his heart warm as a smile curved on his lips unknowingly before nodding. "Yeah, let's go home, Gayoung." 

 

Soon enough, Baekhyun was quick to get off the bed to walk to the bathroom to wash up quickly since he had to do some paperwork for the discharge while Gayoung was seated still, before a sudden thought crossed her mind of how she woke up from the sound of the closing door as she grasped the scene to widen her eyes. "Wait, so someone literally saw us like that?" 

 

Her cheeks heated up with a blush as her eyes closed with a whine until a knock erupted on the door as she let out a faint come in, with the door opening slowly to find Yoora, Yixing along with Woo-Jin and three of them had a cheeky grin on their faces. 

 

Gayoung stared at them confused, yet smiled. "Hi." 

 

"Good morning, happily hugging couple." Yixing sang in a tone, and earned a glare from Yoora as Woo-Jin just shook his head while Gayoung was left baffled, blinking confusingly. "What?" 

 

"You wanna see something?" He approached her bed, with a widest grin on his face and Gayoung being oblivious, just smiled at his excitement with a nod as the next moment, he was sitting at the edge of the bed in front of her yet keeping a distance as he pushed the phone in front of her. "Here." 

 

Her forehead creased with confusion, as she took the phone only to flush with a blush over her cheeks as she saw the pictures of her and Baekhyun sleeping while in a cuddle position as she gasped. "What the hell?!" 

 

Yixing and Woo-Jin burst out laughing and Yoora hit both of their backs along with Gayoung with her fine hand, as she glared at both of the males yet she couldn't hide her blushing self. "Oh my god, why would you do that?!" 

 

"I just wanted to capture your happily married moments." He shrugged, wiping the happy tears from the corner of his eyes and Woo-Jin took a seat beside his sister with a teasing smile as he looked at Yoora and Yixing. "I walked by their room last night to meet her before going home but guess what I saw?" 

 

Yoora blinked. "What?" 

 

"Yeah, what?" Yixing uttered behind, and Gayoung stared at him confused, yet somehow getting a sense of it as she gulped with Woo-Jin wiggling his eyebrows teasingly. "They were hugging like there's no tomorrow." 

 

Yoora and Yixing gasped, the gasp of happiness yet excitement along with Woo-Jin before three of them laughed after, as they found Gayoung looking away from them, probably because of her radiating reddened cheeks from the blush of hers, not long after, she felt Woo-Jin hugging her as she turned to him to find him smiling at her. "I'm happy for you, Noona." 

 

Gayoung knew the meaning behind his words, and she smiled back but pulled his ear making him hiss as he whined. "It hurts!" 

 

"How dare you make my kids watch the train to Busan?" 

 

"They what?" Yoora questioned, gasping and Gayoung nodded, giving his brother a well deserving glare. "And you won't believe that they actually enjoyed it, and found the zombies cool!" 

 

"Because they don't take after you." Woo-Jin retorted, and hissed, feeling a twist on his ear before Gayoung let go of it with a huff as she peeked through Yixing. "So you were the one who came by earlier?" 

 

"You heard us?" 

 

"You sleep like a dead person though." Woo-Jin uttered, as Yoora and Yixing chuckled but got a glare from his sister as she sighed. "Anyway, delete those pictures, I don't even look good." 

 

"You both look adorable." Yoora commented, smiling warmly at the pictures and deep down, Gayoung couldn't agree more with it, as the more she stared at the pictures, the more it gave a peacefulness through it as she smiled. "Fine, but don't show it to anyone else."

 

Yixing sighed. "Too late, because I already sent it to Soo, Yoora and Woo-Jin."

 

Woo-Jin scratched his head with a sheepish grin. "And I already sent those to our family group chat." 

 

"WHAT?!" 

 

Gayoung gave him a death glare, and before she could have hit the heck out of him, the bathroom door opened, revealing Baekhyun stepping out with a frown on his face. "Could you all get louder?" 

 

"Hyung!" Woo-Jin beamed. "You saved me!" 

 

Baekhyun gave him a confused look, before meeting Gayoung's eyes who just shrugged looking away as he walked towards them to stand by her bed while fishing out some tissues to wipe his face. "What's happening? I literally could hear your shouts." 

 

"Oh, you need to see this-" 

 

"No!" Gayoung was quick to snatch the phone from Yixing as they exchanged a look leaving Baekhyun with a frown, and deepened with a sudden wave of jealousy hitting him. "What?" 

 

"Oh, you can ask your wife about it." Yoora snickered, signaling Yixing and Woo-Jin to go out since she was going to help Gayoung in changing and the other stuff as they stood up to walk out but stopped as Baekhyun was standing still, his eyes stuck at Gayoung with a frown who gave him a frowning look back.

 

Yoora gave him a look. "Are you going to watch me help her in changing?" 

 

Baekhyun's eyes shot up at her with a baffled, yet surprised look as he felt a wave of heat rushing up to his ears along with Gayoung who looked away with heated cheeks before she poked his waist. "Go." 

 

Baekhyun slightly flinched, but immediately cleared his throat as he nodded, with a brush of his fingers through his already messed up hair, before taking his watch and phone to walk out with the two other males where he had to listen to their teasing words till they were in the elevator but it didn't end there as well. 

 

"Gosh, you adorable beings!" Yoora laughed, with a happy heart while grabbing Gayoung's face with a gentle tug as her cheeks squished to which she scrunched her nose with Yoora smiling afterwards. "Let's get you changed before your husband comes in accidentally." 

 

Gayoung blushed. "Yoora!" 

 

And Yoora's laughter was heard in the room with Gayoung's whines. 

 

Not long before, Gayoung was done changing her clothes, and washing up as Yoora left her alone since her duty time was going to start though she wanted to stay a bit longer as the women's chattering was just getting interesting with Gayoung couldn't even insist as she was already thankful for her time, hence, she was sitting by the bed alone waiting for her husband to come so they could leave. 

 

As if their telepathy had worked yet again, the door opened, with Baekhyun walking in as he shot a smile at her before taking a notice of her dressed self, wearing a blue button down paired up with denim jeans while her hair tied in a ponytail with her few strands of hair over her forehead, hiding her bandage over her eyebrow. 

 

It was just a simple dressing, and he had seen her dress up simply which he found beautiful before like he says; simple is beautiful yet somehow, she looked way too beautiful, enough that he couldn't take his eyes off for a moment, let alone stood there with his intent yet mesmerized gaze. 

 

"What happened?" 

 

Gayoung's eyes rounded, finally asking after blushing furiously under his gaze as she couldn't hold it longer and Baekhyun snapped out, immediately uttering out. "You look beautiful." 

 

Her already rounded eyes, rounded even more as she felt her heart hammering behind her chest loudly with a warmth crawling through her as she looked down to look at him to find him still staring at her as she chuckled, nervously. "I know." 

 

He chuckled back with a roll of his eyes as he walked to her to immediately crouching down as she stared at him confused, only to find him tying her shoelaces and her lips curved in a soft smile at his gesture and before she knew it, her fingers brushed through his messy hair as he slightly flinched, looking up meeting her surprised eyes. "Oh, your hair has gotten messy." 

 

"Better than the greasy hair." He chuckled, standing up as she gaped at him. "Just let me get home." 

 

"What was Yixing telling you?" He asked, as he couldn't hid his curiosity yet little jealousy and Gayoung tilted her head. "He didn't tell you." 

 

"He asked me to ask you." 

 

"Oh." 

 

"Oh?" 

 

"So?" 

 

"So, tell me?" 

 

"No." 

 

"No?" He frowned. "Why?" 

 

Gayoung just gave him a playful shrug since he always teases her so wanted to get 'back at you' to him and Baekhyun rolled his eyes with a deepened frown and for some reason, she was enjoying this before looking at the lavender flowers in the vase to look back at him. "Are we taking these home?" 

 

"No." He replied, without any hesitation with a serious expression toward the flowers and Gayoung frowned. "Why?" 

 

He tilted his head, placing his hands either side of his hips with his frown look toward her. "We don't need lavender at home." 

 

Him being jealous at the most unexpected things had wanted to laugh out loud, but seeing him serious with his standing posture had her one thought that how hot he looked right now and Gayoung was loving all of it. 

 

Unknowingly, a smile was gracing her lips slowly as she stared at him and Baekhyun's eyes squinted. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?" 

 

"Yes." She chuckled. "You're fun to tease with." 

 

"Are you trying to flirt with me, Gayoung?" He uttered, his heart wavering with a fluttering sensation and Gayoung tilted her head with a playful grin. "You can't flirt so someone has to do the honors, you know." 

 

Baekhyun stared at her, amused as she stood up with a giggle only to stop as the next moment he stepped closer, close enough to tower her figure, enough to wrap his arm around her waist as his palm rested on her mid back with her breath hitching, with her arm holding his forearm in reflex to stare at him surprised, yet nervous. 

 

His head tilted, with a teasing smirk as his eyes flickered to her eyes to her lips for a mere second before meeting her gaze. "Are you sure about that, baby?" 

 

Her eyes widened, as a ticklish sensation erupted in her stomach with a warmth through her chest as her lips parted. "What?" 

 

"What?" His hold on her firm yet gentle, as he leaned his forehead against hers with a smile curving on his lips and Gayoung leaned her head back as her blushing cheeks were right at his sight, and for a moment he was awestruck until Gayoung pulled away from him with a deep exhale. "You can't just do it so suddenly!" 

 

"I was letting you know how wrong your assumption was." He shrugged, not even hiding the satisfied grin on his lips as he took the paper bag where the other stuff was packed in, and Gayoung frowned. "But this is not the only way." 

 

His head tilted with a teasing smile. "Then what way?" 

 

"Baek, stop." 

 

Both of them stopped for a moment, as Gayoung realized, and a soft smile curled his lips as he held out his hand. "Let's go home, baby." 

 

Another whine escaped , yet she couldn't stop her lips curving in a beautiful smile at the nickname as her palm slipped through his warmly as their hands interlocked together softly with their eyes meeting with a warm look as Gayoung nodded. "Let's go home." 

 

Walking out of the room, they walked down the silent yet empty hallway with their hands in hands, stealing glances with their happy smiles to step in the elevator to lean back against the handrail behind and that's when Baekhyun got a flashback in his head which had him chuckle to himself but enough for Gayoung to hear as well. 

 

She tilted her head towards him with a confused look. "What happened?" 

 

His eyes met her curious ones and as he opened his mouth to say nothing, Gayoung was quick to raise her eyebrows. "Don't say nothing." 

 

His forehead creased, surprised. "Was that obvious?" 

 

"Because I understand you." She uttered, her eyes turning soft. "Now, tell me." 

 

His head tilted with a playful grin. "What if I don't?" 

 

Gayoung stared at him with squinted eyes, knowing what he was trying to do as she sighed. "Fine, I will tell you so tell me now." 

 

He let out a chuckle, tugging her closer by their entwined hands as their shoulders brushed, where his thumb caressed her knuckles softly bringing a ticklish sensation in her stomach while his eyes bored intently. "I was reminded of the first time we met here." 

 

Gayoung blinked a couple of times, before the flashback of their strange meeting crossed her mind which had her lips curl in a smile. "Oh, I remember you stopping the elevator for me." 

 

"Yeah, because your wonder woman shirt really stood out when you were running here." He chuckled, recalling the day and Gayoung chuckled back. "That's my favorite shirt." 

 

Baekhyun nodded. "I can tell." 

 

Gayoung just gave his shoulder a playful nudge which was enough to make him laugh softly, as his head shook and it was enough to bring a smile on her lips as their smiling eyes bored together, having the same thought of how the little coincidence meetings of theirs brought them together like this. 

 

And strangely enough, the thought never crossed their minds was how their confession had happened in the hospital, something so unexpected yet to be grateful for. 

 

Soon enough, they walked out of the elevator as they were walking down the lobby but Baekhyun was walking unusually slow while Gayoung wanted to just walk right through the entrance door since the gazes of the hospital staff who were greeting him while passing by, had made her cheeks warm enough to feel embarrassed when she thought about the talks of females yesterday evening. 

 

"Do we have to walk like that?" She questioned, almost whispering and Baekhyun met her eyes confusingly. "Why?" 

 

"Everyone is looking at us and it feels weird, so walk fast." She attempted to do it only to stop by him as he pulled her back to him while giving her a look. "First, why should we feel weird because of the stares? Second, you're my wife so why the hell should we care about it?" 

 

Her cheeks heated up. "Still-" 

 

"If you don't want to end up being carried to the car, then don't say anything about it." He uttered, making her jaw drop as she squinted her eyes. "Not like you want to do that?" 

 

And the next second, he pulled her closer as he leaned closer enough for her breath to hitch, and found his lips curving in a playful grin as he whispered. "Oh you have no idea, baby." 

 

And Baekhyun let out a soft chuckle at her flustered expression, something he wants to see every time now, before walking through the entrance door as he opened the passenger's door for her as she sat inside comfortably but he didn't close the door to which she looked up at him to ask only to hold her breath the next moment, as he bent over with his torso leaning inside, close enough, as his side profile was in her sight, as he reached out, buckling her seatbelt. 

 

As she thought of him leaning away, but she was wrong the moment his head tilted toward her, making their nose to brush slightly as Gayoung bit her lip unconsciously and her heartbeat quickened when his eyes followed her this actions as she noticed him swallowing to meet her eyes again, and there was a different glint behind it, the glint she had seen it before, and which was enough to send a fluttering sensation in her stomach. 

 

However, he backed away, not before kissing her forehead as the door closed, and Gayoung let out a deep breath with her cheeks burning with the warmth yet somehow a little disappointed over their almost moment as she leaned back with Baekhyun taking the driving seat as he smiled at her. "Shall we go-" 

 

"Don't say-" 

 

"Baby." He uttered, softly yet affectionately as he giggled, reaching out to pat her head but got a highfive instead, as he frowned. "Seriously?" 

 

Gayoung gave him a shrug as he tried to do it again, only to get the highfive again to which he began to do it again and again only to get the same thing with Gayoung laughing. "I got the best reflexes." 

 

As she hit his palm to retreat it back again only for him to hold her hand instead, as he met her eyes. "And I got the best catch." 

 

Gayoung stared at him for a moment to smile playfully. "Unfortunately, you can't drive with the best catch right now." 

 

A disappointed pout formed on his pout as he let go of her hand with a dejected sigh. "Point, we gotta get you home safe since you're banned from driving now." 

 

Gayoung's head shot at him. "What?" 

 

"What?" He asked, starting the engine as he rounded the corner and she frowned. "You were serious when you agreed with Jae?" 

 

"His suggestion was good."

 

"Bull." 

 

"Language." 

 

"Still a fact." 

 

"Still a good suggestion, baby." 

 

"And I'm not agreeing with that suggestion, Baek." Gayoung stated, looking outside the window with a grumpy look on her face completely unfazed about his baby word from him and Baekhyun giggled, completely liking the way his name rolled over her lips for him as he slightly tugged her ponytail with a gentle tug. "Are you upset, baby?" 

 

Gayoung gasped, turning to him only to slap his arm. "Baekhyun!" 

 

He just laughed, and Gayoung couldn't get mad at him anymore because of his laughing face and the fact he looked way too hot while driving didn't help either as she mumbled to herself. "Unfair." 

 

"What?" 

 

"Nothing." 

 

"I can listen to that nothing." 

 

"Oh, we reached!" Gayoung exclaimed, dodging his words and Baekhyun understood as he squinted his eyes before pulling over the car as he unbuckled his seatbelt to do it for her but she was quick to do it for herself as the next second, she stepped out of the car leaving the latter confused. "This woman, seriously." 

 

Gayoung walked around the car to walk ahead towards the home but stopped, when she didn't see Baekhyun by her side to look over her shoulder only to find him still seated in the car as she frowned. "Baekhyun, aren't you coming?" 

 

Baekhyun stared at her for a moment as his eyes softened, forgetting about the grumpy mood as seeing her standing by their home had brought a wave of warming bliss in his heart. 

 

The next second, he stepped out of the car walking to her with a smile as his palm slipped through hers with a gentle tug. "Let's go." 

 

They walked in through the door, and Gayoung felt a warmth through her heart the moment she stepped in, her home, with her favorite person's hand locked in her hands together as they exchanged a smile. 

 

"Gayoung!" 

 

Averting their eyes, Gayoung found her in-laws welcoming her with a pleasant smile as she smiled, immediately wounding her arm around Mrs Byun as her hand detached from Baekhyun's hand who pouted unconsciously with a frown. 

 

"Mom!" She hugged her as Mrs Byun hugged her back. "How are you?" 

 

"I'm good now that I am home." Gayoung giggled, pulling away before Mr Byun patted her cheek gently in a fatherly manner with a smile. "Don't worry us now, okay?" 

 

Gayoung let out a chuckle with a nod. "Yes." 

 

Her eyes darted toward Mongryong in Mr Byun's arms who was looking at Gayoung with his ever puppy look and Gayoung reached out, hesitantly, as she patted him gently. "Strange, but I actually missed you too." 

 

Mongryong leaned into her touch, making her giggle as she looked at them. "Are the kids off to school?" 

 

"Yeah." 

 

"Then I'll surprise them later." Gayoung squealed, as she laughed along with her in-laws before Mrs Byun looked over at her son with a smile. "Oh, Baekhyun-ah." 

 

"Wow, so I'm finally visible." He let out a scoff, placing his hand on his hip with a grumpy look earning an amused look from his parents and Gayoung let out a giggle, tugging him by his arm toward her. "Come here." 

 

Mr and Mrs Byun stared at the pair with so much tenderness as they were happy that their kids had finally found the happiness which they deserve. 

 

Their little talks continued, and the little gossip of the ladies of the house as well, Baekhyun was realizing it yet again that how much Gayoung's presence in the home brings a sense of joy, yet a completeness which felt incomplete for the past two days and his eyes just stared at her, seated on the couch with his mother while he was in the kitchen to have some tea before he leaves for his work but all his attention was on his certain woman, his wife to be precise, Gayoung to be said. 

 

At the moment, his father stood beside him helping him out as he turned to him with a smile, and his soft smile turned into a thankful one, the moment he crossed the days of their earlier marriage days where his father was the one who had made him understand, who had given him the courage to take the courage of where he was right now, happy and grateful. 

 

Mr Byun probably had gotten the meaning behind his smile as he smiled back at him with a pat on his shoulder. 

 

After a few minutes, Mr Byun took the tray filled with cups in the living room as he began to chat with Gayoung and his wife, whereas, Gayoung averted her gaze to look for him in the kitchen only to find him coming to her as her eyes lit up but as she found a first aid kit in his hand, a grumpy look crept on her face and Baekhyun understood it well enough to let out a silent chuckle. 

 

"Excuse me, ladies," He stopped by them, standing over his wife's figure sipping her tea and faking an oblivious act of not seeing him as Baekhyun tilted his head. "And you, look at me," He pau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter