012

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝But falling in love is always a pretty crazy thing. It might appear out of the blue and just grab you. Who knows? Maybe even tomorrow❞ - Haruki Murakami.

 

 

12:34 pm 

 

"Dad, you put it wrongly!"

 

Areum exclaimed, placing the piece of puzzle in the right place before looking at Baekhyun with a knowing look where Baekhyun just pouted before frowning at Seojun who chuckled. "Dad is silly!" 

 

"Silly?" Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, "You little-" and pulled his cheeks while Seojun whined to Baekhyun just giggling along with Areum before continuing playing their game till Baekhyun had time before he could leave for his work. 

 

The father and the kids squad had gathered to play the puzzle game in the living room while settled on the floor surrounding the table with much concentration while Mongryong sitting by Areum's side who kept caressing him. 

 

"What's mommy been doing since a while?" Baekhyun asked, as his eyes went to their room which was open but no voice of Gayoung which was kind of surprising and that's why he was curious about where Seojun pouted. "She's shopping." 

 

Baekhyun nodded with a hum. "Shopping." 

 

"WHAT DO I DO?!" 

 

The squad flinched as the half solved puzzle got scattered all over the table by Baekhyun who immediately palmed his chest. "That scared me." 

 

"Dad!" Areum and Seojun were quick to exclaim as Baekhyun blinked confusingly at their adorable glare to gasp at the doing of his as he immediately pointed towards the door with a whiny face. "Mommy did it!" 

 

"Baekhyun!" 

 

"What did I do now?" Baekhyun let out yet another sigh after hearing Gayoung's voice again as his shoulder slouched down before finding Gayoung walking out of the room with a quick space panicking. "I need your laptop!" 

 

Baekhyun's forehead creased. "My laptop? Why?" 

 

"Hurry up!" Gayoung stomped her foot where Baekhyun couldn't help but somehow enjoy the sight as he chuckled, with Gayoung immediately marching toward him to take a hold of his hand with a glare. "Don't laugh, and come here!" 

 

"Okay-wait!" He couldn't even complete his words as Gayoung made him stand up to drag him to their room leaving the kids to look at each other to sigh and pout afterwards as they had to complete the half puzzle again. 

 

"What happened?" He asked, and Gayoung pointed towards the laptop on the study table with a crying expression. "My laptop broke!" 

 

"Oh." 

 

"Don't oh me and help me!" 

 

"Excuse me, lady." He said, with a formal tone giving her a done look. "I'm not an engineer but a neurosurgeon," before letting out a sigh with a shake of his head. "You came to the wrong person." 

 

"Ah, seriously!" 

 

"Ah, seriously?" He tilted his head with a look. "Is this how you ask for help?" 

 

"Please." Gayoung immediately uttered, trying to show her desperate puppy eyes. "I'm really in need of help and I need your laptop." 

 

Baekhyun bit his lip with a smile. "Okay." 

 

Gayoung was quick to hop on the chair of the study table to slide her laptop to the side as Baekhyun put his laptop on the table to open it as a password was shown with Gayoung immediately speaking up. "Hurry up and type the password!" 

 

Baekhyun placed his hands either side of his hips with a squint of his eyes at her where Gayoung gave her a sheepish grin. "Sorry, but it's really urgent." 

 

"This woman really has no patience." He muttered, as he bent over with his one arm behind the chair while the other on the laptop as he was bending over beside Gayoung who immediately looked at him with a serious expression. "This woman- did you just do this woman me?" 

 

"You don't want your work to be done?" He looked back at her with a look and Gayoung smiled, "Of course I want to," as Baekhyun smiled back at her. "So be quiet." 

 

She mimicked, before looking at the laptop before a chuckle left her lips. "Don't tell me your password is Areum's birthday?"

 

Baekhyun chuckled, typing the password. "Is it obvious?" 

 

Gayoung hummed. "Because mine is Seojun's birthday as well." 

 

Both of them looked at each other with a smile before Gayoung was quick to open the website of the shop where she was online shopping from as Baekhyun peered at the screen confusingly. "Is that why you were panicking? I thought something big happened." 

 

"What do you mean?" Gayoung mumbled, with a look toward him. "Of course it's important, I'm buying heels and they almost sold out a minute ago." 

 

"But you can't even walk in heels." 

 

"Not for me but for mom and they are not even that high." 

 

"But aren't we going to the mall later to shop?" Baekhyun asked, with a confused look at her and Gayoung nodded, nonchalantly. "We'll shop from there as well but this heel is more important," She smiled, "Ah, when are you leaving for work?" 

 

Baekhyun checked the time through the screen. "After an hour, why?" 

 

"Okay, we'll pick you up then." Gayoung exclaimed, with an excited smile. "We're going to make a grand entrance like shooo~" 

 

"Please, don't." He spoke, almost immediately, which made Gayoung laugh before she pressed the enter button as the order was placed to let out a sigh of relief where Baekhyun chuckled. "Are you that relieved? I thought it was some money problem like the way you screamed." 

 

"No," Gayoung chuckled, logging out of the website. "But if it was then would you lend me some money?" 

 

She joked as she almost chuckled but stopped when he replied as Baekhyun shrugged. "Of course, you're my wife, you have the right without any questions." 

 

A few seconds it took him to realize as he froze, before slowly tilting his head towards Gayoung to find her already staring back at him with a blank stare yet it made his heart feel like it would burst because her stare didn't feel disapproving. 

 

"I mean," He his lips while looking away only to look back at her hesitantly. "You don't have to ask for it- no- I mean, we're married so- it's not wrong-" 

 

"Baekhyun." Gayoung uttered out his name softly, making him stop as he stared at her confused before Gayoung smiled, placing her hand over his hand. "I got it." 

 

His lips parted, as a wave of relief rushed into him. "You do?" 

 

Gayoung nodded with a still soft smile on his lips bringing a smile on his lips as well with their eyes locked with an intent soft gaze. 

 

"Dad!" 

 

"Coming!" 

 

Baekhyun instantly stood up to walk out with a relaxed feeling yet somehow warming leaving Gayoung with an exact same feeling as she let out a deep breath to feel her cheeks warm as a smile rested on her lips. 

 

 

____________

 

 

6:08 pm

 

 

Baekhyun walked in his cabin to get his belongings after changing into his casuals as he grabbed his phone to find a message from Gayoung as he instantly checked it out. 

 

Gayoung - We are here so hurry up if you don't want to be left behind. 

 

Baekhyun lightly scoffed to himself as he mumbled. "As if." Before typing to reply back. 

 

Baekhyun - You wouldn't do that. 

 

Gayoung - Is that a challenge, Dr Baekhyun? 

 

Baekhyun let out a chuckle typing okay but immediately pondered over as he blinked. "What if she really leaves me behind?" 

 

The next second, he walked out of the cabin shoving his phone in his pocket to walk down the hallway quickly until a hand held his shoulder from behind to which he immediately flinched turning around to find his best friend Yoora with a jaw dropped look at his reaction with Baekhyun sighing hugely. "Why is everyone doing this to me?" 

 

"What? Scaring you?" Yoora questioned, before laughing out loud. "You got scared of Gayoung, didn't you?" 

 

He just rolled his eyes before walking again with Yoora walking alongside him. "You seem to be in a hurry, are you going somewhere?" 

 

Baekhyun nodded, entering the elevator as he faced Yoora standing outside. "Shopping." 

 

"Oh, shopping date!" Yoora nodded with a teasing smile before waving at him. "Go ahead, enjoy your date with your wife!" 

 

Before he could say anything, the elevator closed with Baekhyun just shaking his head with a smile slowly gracing his lips as he shoved his hands into his pockets with a mumble. "Wife." 

 

Soon, he walked out of the hospital to find Gayoung's car already standing by with the kids in the backseat as they waved at Baekhyun through the window making him smile as the next second, he hopped on the passenger's seat to look at Gayoung. "You didn't leave me behind, wi-" 

 

He stopped at the realization with Gayoung looking at him confusingly. "What?" 

 

"What?" 

 

"What were you saying?" 

 

"Nothing." He cleared his throat, feeling a heat rushing up to his ears as he looked ahead with Gayoung shaking her head with a sigh as she started the engine. "You have so much of nothing these days." 

 

"Where is Mongryong?" Baekhyun asked, as he didn't find him at the backseat as Areum and Seojun gave him a pouty look with Gayoung smiling. "We left him to Mrs. Tae because he wouldn't be able to come with us to the mall." 

 

Baekhyun nodded before giving a look at Gayoung. "No wonder you're relaxed." 

 

"Excuse me, mister." Gayoung took a glance at him. "Put on your seatbelt or don't blame me later." 

 

"Mister- did you just mister me?" Baekhyun scoffed, putting the seat belt on where Gayoung just shrugged rounding the corner as Baekhyun leaned comfortably against his seat. "Where are we going first?" 

 

"Oh, I have already made a list." 

 

"There goes the list again." Baekhyun mumbled, before taking the phone from her hand to see the list only to gasp. "Are we going to buy the whole mall or what?" 

 

"That'd be a wish come true moment." Gayoung sighed, nodding with Baekhyun shaking his head. "What do I do with this woman?" 

 

Gayoung just rolled her eyes before parking the car by the mall to four of them getting out to walk inside as the first thing they did was to stop by a boutique where they were going to buy some clothes for the event of Gayoung's parents anniversary which would take place in Gongju. 

 

Seojun and Areum's shopping was done which went half of Gayoung fangirling over them with Baekhyun just smiling over it whereas now, the mother and the kids were sitting on the sofa playing a video game in Gayoung's phone while waiting for Baekhyun who had gone to the changing room to try some clothes but somehow Gayoung couldn't focus on the task because of some female staff members who kept ogling at Baekhyun or would lightly squeal at whatever he changed into and Gayoung also could agree with the fact that whatever he wore just looked too good on him for some reason. 

 

However, she still felt bothered by it as she was just narrowing her eyes at them with a grumpy look but they wouldn't even know since their eyes were glued by the changing room which, at the moment, opened with Baekhyun walking out in yet another pair of suit and before Gayoung could even react to it, the squeals had her eyes closed with a huff. 

 

Opening her eyes, she found Baekhyun looking at her with a questioning look as if asking how he was looking since her opinion mattered to him the most with Gayoung sighing as she stood up with a shake of her head as refusing while walking towards another section and her eyes caught something more amazing to which she instantly handed Baekhyun. "Try this." 

 

Baekhyun gave him a frown before looking at himself in the mirror. "I think it looks good." 

 

"Because you look good?" Gayoung tilted her head with a hand on her waist as she stood beside Baekhyun who's lips curved in a satisfying smirk. "I wouldn't deny it." 

 

"Sure." She gave a nod before pushing him inside by his back with Baekhyun letting out a huge sigh as he looked up. "I don't want to!" 

 

"Go!" 

 

"This woman-" 

 

"I know." 

 

She turned around as the door got closed with her eyes averting to the female staff member who stood still by the section until a customer called out for her which she couldn't hear with Gayoung pointing out. "Excuse me, that customer is calling you." 

 

She blinked, glancing at the person then back to Gayoung with a smile. "Oh, but your shopping-" 

 

Gayoung smiled back at her, well she tried. "It's okay, I will help out my husband with it so you don't have to worry about it." 

 

With an awkward blinking of her eyes, she left to greet the other customer with Gayoung immediately having the realization of the childish doing of hers as she gasped, cupping . "What was that, Gayoung? Why did I do that? I must be crazy!" 

 

"Woah!" 

 

Hearing Areum and Seojun's gasp, Gayoung instantly looked over her shoulder to freeze for a moment to find Baekhyun standing there in the suit while fixing his blazer to open his arms a little. "How do I look now?" 

 

Gayoung blinked a couple of times before giggling. "A child." 

 

"What?" Baekhyun looked down with a pout only to realize that he had buttoned his shirt wrongly with Areum and Seojun giggling at the sight with Gayoung walking to him with a soft giggle. "Were you being chased?" 

 

"I didn't…" He cleared his throat. "Realize." 

 

Gayoung shook her head, reaching out to fix his sleeves to his collar with Baekhyun just staring at her softly until she reached up to fix his shirt as she ed the first button but the moment she realized it, she looked up at him only to find him staring at her with an intent gaze as she felt a warmth through her cheeks to step back the next second. "Now, it's good." 

 

"I always look good." He replied back, with a smile as he didn't break eye contact. "I know." 

 

Gayoung gave him a look before looking away still feeling the warmth with Baekhyun going back to change as she walked away to grab some dresses for her to try before feeling him standing beside her to find him peeking through the dresses with a focused look to grab a white dress as he turned to her. "Try this too." 

 

"White?" Gayoung gave him a confused look while looking at the dress with Baekhyun nodding with a soft gaze on her. "White looks good on you." 

 

And there was it again, the warmth around them, as Gayoung blinked at him suddenly finding it hard to look at him as she nodded, walking past him leaving Baekhyun to sit down on the sofa with the kids waiting while playing games with them. 

 

Gayoung took a few turns back and forth towards the changing room since the trio wasn't agreeing with anything until she tried the dress which Baekhyun chose to wear it out as she stood out with a nervous look where Baekhyun, who was leaning forward on his elbows averted his eyes to Gayoung only to feel his breath caught in his throat as for some reason he couldn't look away. 

 

The waistline dress reached up to her knees with a tail reaching behind her ankle with a sleeveless touch where Gayoung raised her eyebrows before cupping her cheek. "Do I look pretty?" 

 

Baekhyun looked away with a chuckle before looking back at her as he stood up to stop in front of her with his lips curving in a smile. "I told you white looks good on you." 

 

Gayoung bit her lip looking away before realizing something as she frowned at Baekhyun. "You mean to say I'm not pretty?" 

 

Baekhyun looked back at her with an innocent look. "Huh?" 

 

"Huh?" Gayoung tilted her head, as she nodded with a scoff. "So I'm not pretty but white makes me look pretty?" 

 

"No-wait!" He exclaimed, "I didn't mean that- Gayoung!" 

 

She walked back in the changing room to change with Baekhyun closing his eyes to turn around only to find his little ones shaking their heads at him leaving Baekhyun to pout as he scratched his nap. "How did it end up like this?" 

 

She walked out changing to find them ready to go as he looked at her to which she just squinted her eyes to walk past him toward the counter to pay for the stuff with him along with the kids trailing behind her where Areum took a hold of his hand. "Dad, mommy is upset now."

 

"I didn't know she would get upset." An unconscious pout formed on Baekhyun's lips with Seojun gesturing him to come closer like he always does whenever he has an idea to which Baekhyun immediately complied by bending over to his level as Areum also leaned closer where Seojun whispered. "Let's buy mommy a cheese burger." 

 

"Cheese burger?" Baekhyun mumbled, as Seojun nodded, taking a glance at her mother to see if she was listening before looking back at him. "When she's upset, Dodo always buys her cheeseburger." 

 

Areum and Baekhyun looked at each other with a slow nod of realization as Baekhyun nodded. "Okay, let's buy a cheeseburger!" 

 

"Yes!" 

 

Soon enough, they walked out of the boutique with Areum and Seojun suddenly whining to eat French fries as they winked at their father who seemed to be getting their sign to immediately drag their mother inside who couldn't resist their puppy eyes again. 

 

Taking a seat around a table, Baekhyun asked the kids their order again before looking at Gayoung who was about to refuse but her husband instantly mentioned her favorite food. "I have heard about the cheeseburger being really good here, would you like one?" 

 

Gayoung stared at him blankly to realize what he was doing as she lightly scoffed to lean a little closer toward Baekhyun. "Are you bribing with food?" 

 

"Is it working?" He stared back at her with an expectant expression as his eyes slightly widened with Gayoung looking away with a roll of her eyes to look back at him. "A lot of cheese and one coke." 

 

Baekhyun blinked a couple of times before chuckling with a nod as he stood up. "A lot of cheese and one coke, you got it." 

 

He winked at his little ones who just smiled back before patting Gayoung's head again to walk away with a smile. "That was easy." 

 

Gayoung pouted to sigh as she leaned forward with her folded arms while looking at her little beans. "Why do I have to love food so much?" 

 

Areum giggled. "Because it's healthy!" 

 

"And it's tasty!" Seojun exclaimed back. 

 

"Right." Gayoung nodded with a chuckle until Areum asked her something. "Mommy, are you upset with dad?" 

 

Gayoung was quick to shake her head. "No." 

 

"Then why were you doing this?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter