015

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝The way they smiled at each other's presences in the crowd, even the stars could tell they were in love❞ - Muskan Kaur.

♫  Until I Found You ♫

 

 

6:08 am

 

The calm silence was still around the house, the sun had risen just a while earlier with the chirping birds flying over the bluish yet with a hue of yellow shade in the cloudy sky welcoming the morning with much of their flapping wings as if enjoying their time. 

 

The leaves of the trees around the garden were swinging with the gentle breeze leaving a calm but a loud sound yet it wasn't enough for the people sleeping soundly to wake up through it, the empty bottle with the bowls were still scattered around in the middle and then there was a couple sleeping comfortably in each other's embraces, too comfortable to even lean away from the warmth. 

 

However, the woman had felt too comfortable to snuggle in the warmth as the cold breeze was enough to wake up from her slumber but as soon as Gayoung's forehead had made a contact with something soft yet it didn't felt like a blanket and her ear could hear a certain rhythm behind which was enough to have her eyes fluttered open to find her head on Baekhyun's chest with her forehead against the curve of his neck leaving her heart to stop for a second only to beat in a rapid manner with warming cheeks. 

 

Taking a deep breath silently, she gulped to slowly lean away her head softly to not to disturb his sleep but as soon as she had raised her head, her eyes stopped to stare at his peaceful sleeping face and unknowingly her eyes just peeked through his features to find a mole right on his cheekbone and over the corner of his upper lip and as she gazed more, a sudden glimpse of their close faces had crossed her mind leaving her breath hitched. 

 

A frown plastered between her eyebrows in confusion, and before she could try to recall about last night, Baekhyun had shifted suddenly to the side towards her and since her arm was still around his waist, her head had fallen back on his arm with his hand stopping right on her hip to slid up to her waist leaving her breath in as her hand tightened against his hoodie to let out a shaky breath softly to carefully grab his hand but as soon as she had pulled his hand away, his lips had made a contact with her forehead, making her eyes to close in the moment as a warming sensation ran through her spine. 

 

The next second, she had rolled over her other side with her rapid heart beat loudly behind her chest and a warmth around her as she sat up quickly to calm down to look back at him with a pouty frown as the person behind her this state didn't even know about it until another glimpse of their close inches lips with his face in her hands leaving Gayoung with a subtle gasp. 

 

"What was that?" She mumbled, cupping to look at him with widened eyes as she swallowed. "Did we… No, did I…" She stuttered, with a sudden warmth yet a nervousness rushing into her heart with a feel of fear about the outcome now but was still left confused if it happened or not. 

 

Standing up from the mattress, she immediately walked quickly inside to their room in her tangling thoughts. 

 

Barely an hour had passed, Baekhyun stirred in his sleep to stretch his arm beside to feel the cold place under his palm, enough for his senses to work as he opened his eyes to find no sight of sleeping Gayoung but everyone else was still asleep. Sitting up slowly to run his fingers through his messy hair, he straight looked right inside the living room where he could see Granny and Dodo in the living room but surprisingly, they weren't bickering like usual as it was rather faint noises of their chit-chats. 

 

The next moment, he found himself walking inside to his room, not before greeting the elders who just laughed tenderly at the youngsters spending their night joyfully as it reminded them of their days where Baekhyun excused himself since their conversation continued. 

 

As he climbed few steps to the stairs, his steps halted the moment a figure stopped in front of him as he looked up only to meet Gayoung's widened eyes, and as his eyes focused more to notice her damp hair and clad in a waistline checkered pink dress but the next second, she looked away and it felt too familiar to even forget but this time it felt different, more like an avoidance of their eye contact which was being avoided by her only. 

 

For a moment he was confused, and got a little bit hurt when she was about to walk past him but he blocked her with their fingers brushing on the railing where Baekhyun tilted his head. "Gayoung?" 

 

"Hm?" She looked at him only to look away as he frowned but still spoke softly. "Look at me." 

 

She met his soft eyes but all could she think of was the glimpses of last night, which left her with the awkwardness yet nervousness of not remembering it vividly but a confused thought crossed her mind to find him being nonchalant, as if he didn't remember or was just being casual about it and the thought pierced her on the spot. 

 

"Who emptied my Makgeolli?!

 

Granny's yell had snapped them out, and the next second Gayoung had climbed down the stairs leaving Baekhyun with a confused state to look over his shoulder with a frown to find her running outside in the garden where Dodo and Granny were waking the hell out of sleeping people. 

 

"What happened now?" He mumbled, only to widen his eyes as he leaned his back against the railing with a scratch on his nap with a nervous yet awkward feeling. "Don't tell me she remembered?" He pushed his hair back, feeling a bit hurt as he mumbled his next words. "Is she going to avoid me the whole day now?" 

 

"Granny, Ji-hu and Woo-Jin brought your bottle!" 

 

He heard her exclamation only to chuckle the next second with a shake of his head. "As if I would let her." 

 

____________

 

 

If Baekhyun thought he was confident enough to stop her avoidance, then he was wrong about it because his wife was exceptionally good at it. 

 

The moment he had come down in the morning, he hadn't exchanged a few words with her let alone make an eye contact with her because as soon as he was on the task of both, she was quick to dodge with every excuse she could find, even if it seemed impossible to believe like right now, she was making an excuse to be with Mongryong. 

 

Yeah, like he was going to fall for that ridiculous excuse. 

 

On the other hand, Gayoung was tired of avoiding him, not that she had no excuses left but now she was feeling bad, and guilty for doing this where he wasn't at the fault since she was the one who had initiated whatever happened last night yet she couldn't remember about it and she found it hard to even talk to him about it as she was embarrassed but was afraid of disappointing him as well. 

 

"What do I do?" She uttered, sitting on the bed of Granny's room with Mongryong on the floor having his meal joyfully as he looked at her to get back to his task of munching where Gayoung bit her lip. "I feel bad for avoiding him, but I can't help it, you know!" 

 

He just stared at her blankly with Gayoung sighing. "Right, you can't give me any ideas but thanks for listening to me because I can't do it with anyone else." 

 

"Where is Mongryong?" 

 

Woo-Jin walked in with a beaming smile following Areum and Seojun as he took him in his arms with Mongryong leaning into his touch where Woo-Jin looked at his sister's lost face. "What happened to you?" 

 

"What?" 

 

"Are you and Baekhyunee Hyung fighting?" He asked, with Seojun coming forward with his round eyes. "Are you and dad fighting, mommy?" 

 

Gayoung peeked through his innocent little beans to shake her head. "No! Why would we fight? We're not." 

 

"Then why is Woo-Jin uncle saying that?" Areum questioned, Gayoung smiled hugging both of them while giving her sharpest eyes toward her brother who flinched to look away as she chuckled at them. "Because, uncle is not smart but my little beans are, right?" 

 

"Yes!" 

 

"Okay, let's go out now!" 

 

Woo-Jin announced as the next minute Seojun and Areum ran outside with Gayoung giving him a warning look. "I'll throw you in the boxing ring if you teach my kids any weird stuff." 

 

"Why don't you work on your weird excuses, Noona?" He gave her a knowing look. "If you have got a problem or any fight, why don't you both talk about it instead of avoiding each other? Isn't that what you taught me? To face your problems and not to run away from them." 

 

Gayoung stared at him for a moment before pulling his ear softly with a smile. "Awe, since when did my little brother grow up?" 

 

"Let go." 

 

"No." 

 

"Let go, or I'm calling mom." 

 

"Fine." 

 

She let go of him as both of them have witnessed her mothers anger which has taught them not to see it again. 

 

Woo-Jin had walked away from the room leaving Gayoung in her thoughts as his words grasped her mind to stop her avoidance until she found him walking from the distance to gasp as she hid behind the headboard of the bed only to whine to herself. "You were not supposed to hide, Gayoung-ah." 

 

"Oh, really?" 

 

"Yeah." She uttered, in a daze only to look up at the familiar voice to find Baekhyun, dressed in his black button down and jeans while leaning on his shoulder by the headboard with his crossed arms as he raised his eyebrows. "Are you finally done with your avoid mission?" 

 

She blinked a couple of times before chuckling nervously. "I was not avoiding you." 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"Yeah, I was looking for my earrings." She trailed off, looking around only to flinch when took a seat next to her on the floor with his back against the headboard and before she react, he leaned towards reaching out to tuck her hair behind her ear softly enough to have her breath hitch as she stared at him. "What are you doing?" 

 

"You're wearing earrings though." He met her nervous filled eyes as he pulled his hands away to sigh. "Were you going to avoid the whole day? Or even more than that? If it's true, then I'm really going to get hurt, Gayoung." 

 

Gayoung stared at him surprised, the moment she saw his eyes flickering with the down emotion as she opened to deny, only to close it as she looked down with guilt."I'm sorry." 

 

"Did you remember something?" He questioned, tilting his head with Gayoung nodding then shaking her head as she was still looking down. "I do but I don't remember, I can't remember if it really happened or not? And I'm really going crazy over it because I can't recall anything and you were also so nonchalant about it so I got even more embarrassed so I didn't know what to do!" 

 

She burst out leaving with a whine as she hid her face in her palms unaware of Baekhyun's soft gaze and smile toward her as he bit his lip to bump his forehead lightly against her as he leaned away with a chuckle. "Gayoung." 

 

"Yes." She looked at him with an unknown pout with Baekhyun leaning his head back against the headboard. "Do you know there's no one like you?"

 

"I know." She nodded, making him chuckle. "Nothing happened." 

 

"Nothing?" 

 

"Hm, you passed out." He said before squinting his eyes at her with a playful look. "Did you want something to happen? I really can't tell because you have been checking me out nowadays so-" 

 

"What the hell!" She slapped his shoulder as he laughed softly before his eyes turned serious yet soft. "Don't avoid me again, and even if it's something embarrassing to talk about or you're upset about something, let's talk it out instead of avoiding," He paused, as he tilted his head. "Because I don't want what we have to ruin." 

 

"Me too." Gayoung uttered, looking in his eyes softly. "You said you can handle it well but-" 

 

"I can, I was just tired okay?" 

 

"Oh, so that's why-" 

 

"Stop!" She whined, pushing him away by his shoulder as his laugh erupted afterwards with his hand patting her head. 

 

"Where did she-AHHHH!" 

 

Ji-hu shouted, stumbling back the moment he spotted the couple behind the headboard, flinching as they stared at him shocked and earned the shocking look from him as well as he let out a sigh of relief. "What are you both doing here? Do you literally have no place to hide other than Granny's bed?" 

 

Gayoung gave him a look. "Why are you peeking in other people’s rooms?" 

 

"Peeking?" He scoffed. "Granny asked me to fetch her medicines but I didn't know I would find a flirting sight here." 

 

"Shut up!" 

 

He just chuckled, fishing out the medicine box from the nightstand drawer to walk away. "Continue flirting~" 

 

"That idiot." Gayoung mumbled, with a click of her tongue before looking back at Baekhyun to find already staring at her silently as her forehead creased with a wave of heat over her cheeks. "What?" 

 

"What?" 

 

"What? Why are you staring at me like that?" 

 

"Just seeing that this look doesn't suit you very much." He pointed with his chin with Gayoung frowning. "What look?" 

 

He reached out, caressing his thumb over her frown still looking in her eyes. "This frowning look." He withdrew his hand, before imitating her smile with much exaggeration. "I like your smiling face more." 

 

"I don't smile like that!" Gayoung exclaimed, only for Baekhyun to playfully exaggerate even more. "You smile exactly like that!" 

 

"Stop!" She let out a laugh, slapping his arm making Baekhyun laugh back before knocking her forehead softly. "That's more like Gayoung." 

 

She knocked his forehead back. "That's more like Baekhyun." 

 

"Did you just imitate me?" He let out a dramatic gasp and Gayoung shrugged. "You did as well." 

 

Both of them stared at each other only to giggle together. 

 

Gayoung stood up with her hand holding out for him as he grasped it but didn't get up as Gayoung looked at him confusingly. "Get up." 

 

"Make me." He uttered, staring at her with Gayoung raising her brows in amusement to nod with a playful look. "Make you? You can't get up? Did your legs fall asleep? I guess it happens when you get old, it's okay, I'll help-" 

 

He cut her off, immediately standing up with a sulky look. "You always do this, I'm not talking to you!" 

 

He walked outside with Gayoung laughing in amusement at how adorable he looked sulking like a baby. "Wait!" 

 

She followed him still laughing with Baekhyun just walking ahead but still couldn't hold back his lips curving up upon hearing her laugh as this is what he wanted to see, and was glad about it but there was something else itching his mind that he couldn't erase the scene from his mind as well. 

 

However, the more he thought about it, the more he felt a warmth with a thought of the kiss happening but it would have gotten awkward around them or distant which was the last thing he wanted yet deep down felt disappointed leaving him perplexed. 

 

 

____________

 

 

5:13 pm

 

 

"Grandma and Grandpa are here!" 

 

Seojun and Areum ran outside the minute they heard the horn of the car pulling over by the guest house with their parents following behind them as they walked outside to find them embracing their grandparents tenderly before Gayoung walked towards Mrs Byun to embrace her warmly. 

 

"I was waiting for you, mom." 

 

"I was excited to come here as well." She chuckled, patting her back as they stood beside each other still holding with Gayoung greeting Mr Byun who patted her head with an expectant smile. "I'm waiting for the tour." 

 

Gayoung smiled with a nod. "You got it." 

 

"Oh, my partner!" 

 

Sung-min exclaimed from the entrance to the door with a wide smile and the next minute Mr Byun was walking towards him with the kids not before patting Baekhyun's shoulder who was standing there but still felt like he wasn't since his mother hasn't take a glance at him because she was busy chatting with his wife. 

 

He pouted in a sulky look yet the sight felt so warm to watch until Mrs Byun looked at him with a smile. "Baekhyun-ah, why are you standing there like that?" 

 

"Oh, am I finally visible now?" He asked, giving them a look with Gayoung and Mrs Byun to look at each other with amusement to chuckle together as Mrs Byun spoke. "I told you he'd get sulky!" 

 

"You're so right about it!" Gayoung giggled, as both of them walked ahead with Mrs Byun linking her arm around Baekhyun as three of them walked inside together with Baekhyun frowning at Gayoung. "I'm not sulking!" 

 

"Awe~" 

 

Both of them cooed together only for Baekhyun to close his eyes with a whine. "Stop!" 

 

Entering the house, everyone got immersed in the conversation so well that it felt like they were long term relatives and friends of each other as the living room was filled with joyful laughter and gossip of the ladies. 

 

"I can't believe he's Baekhyun." Gayoung stared at the baby picture of Baekhyun with adoring eyes on Mrs Byun's phone as he looked too adorable where she looked at him talking to his dad before turning back to the picture. "This is cuter." 

 

"Because he's more handsome now." 

 

Mrs Byun commented, with a confident yet teasing smile toward Gayoung who stared at her confused to feel a wave of heat rushing into her as she couldn't deny this fact nor she wanted to where Mrs Byun chuckled at her expression to pat her cheek softly. 

 

"I'll bring tea for everyone." She said, getting up to walk to the kitchen before feeling a buzz in her phone to find Baekhyun's baby picture sent by Mrs Byun with Gayoung letting out an unconscious chuckle to stare at it warmly as Mrs Byun's words crossed her mind. "I guess." 

 

"Guess what?" 

 

"Oh goodness!" She stumbled back, with a startle only to feel a pair of hands holding her shoulder and she didn't have to flinch away from the touch because she recognized the familiarity of his hands as she stood straight to turn to him with a frown. "You scared me." 

 

"Nothing new." Baekhyun shot back. "What do you need my help with?"

 

"Help?" 

 

"Yeah, mom said you wanted my help." 

 

Gayoung stared at him confused, only to shake her head with a smile. "Seriously." 

 

"What?" 

 

"I'm not telling you, it's between mom and I." She shrugged, playfully turning back to face the counter while placing her phone on it as she fished out some cups from the cabinet before feeling him beside her as he began to help her. "So you've gotten close to her?" 

 

"If you can be their favorite then I can be too." She shot him a smug grin and Baekhyun tilted his head with an amused look as he nodded. "Not bad, professor." 

 

"I know and your jealous look is so awesome, Doctor." She chuckled, walking to the stove as she placed the saucepan to boil the water with Baekhyun placing his hand on the counter facing her with his other hand on his hip with a done look. "I am not jealous." 

 

"Sure." She nodded, but somehow him looking at her with full concentration had her heart flutter enough for her to avoid his look as she couldn't help but keep recalling the moment of last night and she was so immersed in her task like usual that she didn't realize Baekhyun grabbing her phone to frown. "This is me." 

 

Gayoung shot her head towards him. "That's my phone!"

 

"And that's my picture!" He waved the phone beside him with a smile. "You could have just asked me." 

 

"Mom sent it to me." She snatched her phone from his hand before looking at the picture as she nodded. "I heard how naughty of a child you were." 

 

"You're the one to talk." 

 

She rolled her eyes but instantly chuckled when she sent the next picture with him sitting down with a puppy in his hands as she showed him. "A puppy holding a puppy, isn't it cute?" 

 

"I'm not cute." He attempted to grab her phone only for Gayoung to hide it behind her back while stepping back with a giggle but Baekhyun was quick to pull her toward him by her waist leaving her gasp as her arm circled around his waist in the flow with Baekhyun frowning. "You should be careful, Gayoung." 

 

His gaze looked over her shoulder to the boiling water as Gayoung f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter