Chapter 9

The Demon Beast's Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

**I am sorry this took a while. The next days are going to be much busier for me. So please be a bit more patient. I have no idea when I can write the next chapter after this. Thank you for you comments, Guys! ;) 

 

 

Chapter 9

 

Lisa watched Jisoo cry all night. And it pained Lisa to see her friend suffer so. It's the first time Lisa had seen Jisoo in so much suffering, emotionally. Since the time Lisa was captured by Black Gates, Lisa had never seen Jisoo cry. Jisoo looked shy and timid, but inside she's a survivor who is strong and brave. Lisa had relied on Jisoo so many times, and Jisoo had never left Lisa's side. Even when it could get Jisoo into trouble, Jisoo stayed beside Lisa as much as she can. That is why... Jisoo had always been the reliable friend in Lisa's eyes.

 

Last night though, Jisoo looked so broken and vulnerable. Lisa did not know what to do. She tried to ask Jisoo what happened. It took a while for Jisoo to open up. And Lisa's heart broke for her friend when she learned what made Jisoo suffer.

 

Jisoo decided to stay in Black Gates instead of going with the man who offered her a clan, the man who her... Well actually... It seems like Jisoo liked the man... liked the man to the point that refusing to go with him broke her into pieces. 

 

That may not just be a simple "liking" ... it is definitely not as simple as that. Lisa could see the depth of Jisoo's feelings for the man. That man is so lucky to have gotten Jisoo's heart. It seems like Jisoo had fallen in love with him...

 

Lisa actually understands why Jisoo decided to stay here. Jisoo being Jisoo, the most sacrificial of everyone Lisa had met in her life. Jisoo will never want to cause trouble to any one, especially to someone who became important to her. If Lisa was in Jisoo's shoes, she would have cling on to the man. It's her only way to escape this hellish place. She will be selfish. She will not think twice.

 

But Jisoo is not like her. Jisoo will go through pain just to see the people she cares about happy.

 

Lisa sighed. 

 

Jisoo told Lisa who the man is...

 

That man... a Chief of a demon wolf clan... 

 

Can it be?

 

Lisa had met the Wolf King twice. But Lisa had not met anyone else in the Wolf King's family. She heard the Wolf King had several cousins who lead their own clans. But this is interesting. Centuries ago, the legendary Wolf King of the West was a demon wolf. It was originally expected that the King who will inherit the throne should also be a demon wolf. But eventually that proved to be too risky. A demon wolf can go berserk any time. Giving him the power of the Kingdom is just not the type of risk anyone would want. So eventually, a separate clan was given to the Demon wolf to lead.

 

Lisa never thought that clan would still be around. People hunted the demon wolf clan so that they can kill the demon wolf even before he becomes a full demon wolf. 

 

But it seems they survived. 

 

There won't be any demon wolf anymore right? Wolves hardly shift to full wolves these days. 

 

Lisa's eyes widened.

 

Then could it mean...

 

The man Jisoo fell in love with is the King's distant cousin? 

 

Hmm... well... Even if they are distant cousins, they may not really know each other. It's been hundreds of years since the wolf clan was divided so that they won't have power struggles on the kingship of the West.

 

Lisa sighed as she turned to see Jisoo staring at nothing, looking so lost and devastated. Lisa wanted to comfort Jisoo but she does not know what to say.

 

Until when is Lisa going to wait here in Black Gates? Lisa's hand clenched. What is taking her brother so long to find her? She's been here for months! Her brother is one intelligent man, but why is he not doing anything to save her from here? Did he forsake her? Did he decide to just forget about her?

 

Did he think she's already dead?

 

No! Why will he just accept that? 

 

It's... a possibility though... She's been here a long time. 

 

C'mon Brother... Don't give up on me...

 

 

-------

 

"This is bad... the rich men are here, Jisoo." Said Lisa. 

 

Jisoo woke up with a start. Lisa was shaking her. 

 

"They're ordering everyone to go to the grounds again."

 

Jisoo can hear the guard's voices from outside.

 

"See they will start selling slaves again." Said Lisa. "This will never end."

 

Jisoo held Lisa's hand.

 

"We will just do what we usually do. Do not worry." Said Jisoo.

 

Lisa sighed.

 

"How are you feeling? If you are tired, you should just stay inside." Said Lisa

 

"No, Lisa. I will go with you like I usually do. Do not mind me. I am..." Said Jisoo. "I am well."

 

Lisa can see the sorrow in Jisoo's eyes. Jisoo is far from well. But being locked up here may not be good for her.

 

Lisa and Jisoo left their rooms which was opened. They went to the grounds. 

 

"Do you think he's here?" Asked Lisa

 

Jisoo closed her eyes tight.

 

"He could be. But... it's better if we do not see each other." Said Jisoo. "I have nothing else to say to him."

 

Lisa nodded.

 

"Well... You're right. There's no sense in keeping in touch." Said Lisa. "It's better to just forget everything that happened."

 

And then Lisa heard a familiar sound. She looked in the sky and found a large bird with blue and red wings. her eyes widened. 

 

"Keep your head low, Lisa." Said Jisoo. "Do not let your face be seen. You are too beautiful not to be noticed." 

 

But Lisa's eyes went around as if looking for something.

 

"What's the matter, Lisa?" Asked Jisoo. "What is wrong?"

 

And then Lisa's eyes widened as she looked at the rich men entering the grounds. Jisoo looked at them. There were an old couple, a stout man with long beard and a man who is well built. The well built man is still young, probably less than five years older than her and Lisa. He looked cold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter