Chapter 10

The Demon Beast's Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

***I am so sorry this took a really loooooong time... Life is so busy... waahhhh!!! Sorry to keep you waiting. I don't know when I can write again. 😔 

 


Chapter 10

 

 

 

Jisoo saw Lisa being led away. It took two guards to pull Lisa from Jisoo. Lisa was crying and begging the aristocrat man to not separate them. But the guards were firm. Jisoo looked at the aristocrat. And when their eyes met, Jisoo begged him to treat Lisa well through her eyes. The man just nodded as he left. 

Lisa knew the man. Lisa was certain the man will be able to save her. That means Lisa will now be safe. Jisoo sighed in relief. It is the first time a friend of hers will safely get out of black gates. Lisa had been the closest to her. Jisoo can endure the loneliness as long as she knows Lisa is safe and free. 

And then Jisoo felt warm hands touching her arms, pulling her up to her feet. She gasped when she saw whose hands they were.

Haein

Jisoo knew Haein was near, she saw his anger and the change in his eyes and face while he was on his way to them. But she tried to ignore him, focus her attention on Lisa. There is no sense for her to pay attention to him. But she could not stop her heart beating fast, her eyes betraying her resolve as they go to him from time to time.

 Haein seemed to stop advancing towards her when the guard declared that Jisoo was not for sale. But his eyes was still burning red and he was still looking at her with so much intensity, Jisoo felt she would turn to steam. 

When the people started paying less attention to her, when Lisa was dragged away, Jisoo was not mentally and emotionally prepared to be pulled up and be held in the same arms she thought she will never be in ever again. 

Haein's scent... his warmth... being inside those strong arms.. how she longed for it the past days... how many times did she remember and wish that time had stop that second night being held by Haein? How many times did she ask for that night to repeat itself, even when she knew that will never happen again?

And now she's standing, Haein's hands are on her arms, they were so close that Jisoo's face almost touched Haein's chest. She had to look up or she would not see his face. 

So close... Jisoo could feel Haein's breath... He's breathing so deep as if he's in pain. 

"What's wrong?" Asked Jisoo. "Are you hurt?"

Haein's lips lifted on one side.

"You were the one I lifted from the ground, and yet you are the one asking if I was hurt." He said. 

Jisoo looked away, lowering her eyes to his chest. Haein's voice made tingkes on her stomach. Well then... If he's not hurt... then they have no business with each other.

Jisoo tried to free herself from Haein's hold but Haein pulled her closer, his arms wrapped around her back, making Jisoo's face touch Haein's chest. 

Jisoo was so surprised it took her a moment to realize that Haein is now embracing her. Jisoo knew the people's attention is now on the other slaves, but they are still in the grounds with so many people around them! Why is he doing this?

Jisoo tried several times to get out of Haein's arms but his arms were immovable!

And then Jisoo felt it... heard it... 

Haein's heartbeat...it was fast... it was so fast Jisoo felt really concerned. What is wrong with Haein? Is he perhaps sick?

"Stop... Please... Just stop struggling for a moment..." Haein whispered on the top of Jisoo's head.

His voice was deep, his breathing felt labored... Something tugged at Jisoo's heart making it ache. Jisoo stopped moving. 

Haein buried his face on Jisoo's head. He breathed her in. Finally... Jisoo's scent... finally... it's as if he can now really breathe again...

Jisoo felt each deep breath Haein was making...

What is happening...

It took a while... and then Jisoo felt Haein's breathing started normalizing. 

"Haein..." 

Jisoo felt Haein sigh. 

Jisoo noticed people around them started to go away. It seems the slave sale is over and it's time to go back to the chambers.

"I need to go." Said Jisoo

"Stay with me." Said Haein.

Jisoo's eyes widened. Her chest squeezing in pain. How can Haein say words so carelessly like that? Those words... O how she wanted to hear those words from him... But what does he mean? He does not even love her. He's confusing her. Moreover, she can't accept those words for his sake! Why is he torturing her like this?

"There is no reason for me to stay with you, Haein. I have freed you from any responsibility you may feel towards me." Said Jisoo. "Now please let me go."

Jisoo felt Haein's arms tightening around her.

"I can't..." said Haein. 

Jisoo sighed.

"That does not make sense. Even if you care for my safety, surely you know this is for the best. It is for your clan's best interest. Now please release me." Said Jisoo, her voice more demanding and at the edge of anger. It does not matter any more if his eyes are still red and his face is changing. Jisoo has to get away from him to salvage the little sanity she has left. 

And then she felt Haein slowly opening his arms. 

Jisoo felt the bittersweet feeling of their parting. She controlled herself from reaching out to cling on Haein. 

But as Jisoo was stepping out of Haein's grasp, Haein grabbed her hand and started walking fast taking her with him!

"Haein! Let me go! What are you doing?"

Haein stopped and faced Jisoo. 

"If you don't want me to turn this place upside down with all the guards I am going to fight, you will stop struggling, Jisoo." Said Haein, his voice calmer now despite his threat. 

Jisoo noticed Haien's eyes were no longer red. He is back to his usual self. 

"Haein, please just let me go..." said Jisoo

"Do you trust me?" Asked Haein. "Jisoo, do you trust me? You know that I will never hurt you, right? I will never hurt you, Jisoo. "

Jisoo's throat moved. Of course... Jisoo trusts Haein with her life. But...

"I... I know. And I trust you. But Haein..."

"No buts Jisoo. If you trust me then stay with me." Haein placed Jisoo's hand on his cheek. "I... I need you, Jisoo..."

Jisoo saw something in Haein's eyes... gentleness... intensity... desire? It was as if he's begging her.

And then Haein turned his face so that his nose touches Jisoo's wrist as he took her scent in.

"Come with me Jisoo..." said Haein. "Just forget everything and come with me..."

Jisoo's breath caught. She felt a melting feeling inside, the heat is invading all her senses. 

"You are...confusing me, Haein." Said Jisoo. "Why are you...why are you doing this?"

"Because I need you, Jisoo. Because I want you. Because you drive me crazy. I can't stop thinking about you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter