Chapter 1

The Demon Beast's Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 1

 

 

Haein knew it was a stupid decision from the start. He felt it in his gut that it was a trap. But there were lives at stake, lives of his people. And so they went, four of his trusted men and himself. It's been a month since two families from his clan went missing. They searched day and night. Finally they learned the families were captured by the Black Gate Clan. The clan is notorious for capturing people and turning them into slaves, selling them and even killing them if the prisoner is not cooperative. There was no time to lose. His people might be brutally tortured, sold or even killed if he did not do anything. 

 

The plan was simple, infiltrate the Black Gates and find his people. And then they will look for a way to escape.

 

Still it was a stupid decision. He only brought four seasoned warriors and a boy who can help them with cooking and washing. The boy was too enthusiastic, dreaming to be a warrior himself. Instead of hiding himself when the enemies sensed their presence, the boy fought as if he had the chance to win. The boy's mother was a old woman in the tribe who nursed Haein when he was still a child. She begged Haein to protect her son. And so when the enemies got hold of the boy, a blade on his throat... Haein had no choice but to surrender to the hands of the enemies. 

 

What a shame. He could have fought till the end. He together with his four warriors against more than thirty of the enemies, it would have been a heroic death. 

 

But now they are inside the dungeon. 

 

From what Haein observed, there were many rooms in the dungeon. Indeed Black Gates is like a slave factory, they keep on capturing people and keep them inside these prison cells until thry are sold as slaves.  

 

There were so many screaming and shouting, Haein knew pain was everywhere. This place will give him nightmares. Black Gates should make sure he dies in here, or they are going to regret keeping him alive. 

 

And then he heard talking just beyond the door of their dungeon room.

 

"I knew he would come. The Demon Wolf will not let his people be harmed. I told you he would come soon."

 

It was a voice of an old woman. 

 

"Trapped." whispered Bobby. "They set you up. They wanted you, Haein."

 

Haein's jaw cleanched. All these... they did all this things to his people just to get him. They captured his two families with children! Now they hurt his warriors and imprisoned them... all because they wanted to capture Him!

 

"Cowards" Said Haein, his jaws cleanched as bitter anger rose in his chest. 

 

"We tried not to hurt him too much. But the fool was not easy to tame. He was fighting us all night." Said a guard.

 

"Don't you make any damage to him! We need him alive and well!" Shouted the old woman. 

 

Hmm... and what might they need him for? It would not be because of the legend, right? That is only a heresay. He does not transform into a giant Demon Wolf! His forefathers might have, but the ability was for sure lost along the way. In his clan, no one has shifted into a full wolf for generations! 

 

"They are fools if they believe that old tale." Whispered Eric

 

"Well Demon wolves are good weapons. If they plan to use you as a killing machine though, they are going to get dissappointed." Said Mark.

 

"I can't believe there are still people who believes that tale until now." Said Suga

 

And then the door opened. The old woman stepped in. Her hair all white, her eyes all white... she looked like a ghost. Some of Haein's men gasped in shock. 

 

A Seer...

 

This... is not good. 

 

"Ahhh there you are." Said the old woman. 

 

There are two kinds of Seers. One that sees the future and one that reads minds...

 

Haein's men exchanged worried glances. 

 

"As you can see, I can not physically see you. But my eyes are clearer than any of yours. I know what runs in your head. There is nothing you can hide from me." Said the Seer.

 

Haein's jaw clenched. A mind reading Seer. Tsk! 

 

What does a Seer need from him? The last time he encountered one was a few years ago. Seers keep searching for him and he had made sure to be out of their reach. 

 

Now he is in the grasp of one of them! Is he now going to find out why they keep pestering him?

 

"Soon. Very soon you will know why, Demon Wolf." Said The Seer

 

Curse that mind reading!

 

The Seer smiled.

 

"Just so you know... I have cursed it so many times before too. But it never went away. Sometimes, you just embrace what you are gifted no matter how much you hate it." Said the Seer.

 

Haein spoke loudly.

 

"Since you can read my mind, there is nothing for me to hide. Let my men go! Let the families you abducted go. I am the one you need. You have me." Said Haein.

 

The Seer laughed.

 

"Oh not so fast, Demon Wolf. I have you here but you will not obey what I have in mind for you. Trust me I need a leverage against you. You will rebel against what I want you to do. You will fight it to your death."

 

Haein could only imagine the hedious things they will make him do. Will they order him to hurt people? Will they order him to kill? He despise doing both to the innocent.

 

"But while I have your people here, I am certain that you will obey anything I order you to do." Said the Seer. 

 

The Seer went near Haein's ear as she whispered.

 

"Especially because I will kill each of your tribes people with each disobedience. And I will start with the boy. Trust me... I don't threaten with words. I do as I say." 

 

Haein's usually golden eyes started to glow red as his face started to change. His teeth became sharper and longer as he growled.

 

"You are not going to hurt my men." Said Haein, his voice changing.

 

"You are not in any position to order me. I am not the one chained to the wall." Said the Seer.

 

Haein struggled with his chain. With just a few tugs, the wall seemed to give way. In a few seconds, Haein will be able to free himself.

 

The guards were frightened. But the Seer only smiled.

 

"Fascinating... the change has started but you have not fu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter