Chapter 7

The Demon Beast's Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 7

 

 

Haein was frustrated and agitated the rest of the day. He wanted to know what Jisoo and the Seer talked about. Did Jisoo put herself in danger in order to protect him? He doesn't like the idea. He would rather be the subject of the Seer's manipulations.

"Goodbye, Haein."

Those words from Jisoo comes back to his mind over and over. And he hates it. His chest burned in anger and pain. Why did she speak those words as if they are never going to meet again? 

They will meet again. Jisoo is not yet pregnant, right? They still have to spend more time with each other. The Seer will surely see to it.

But until night time, Haein heard nothing.

After the entire day's work, Haein was led by the guards. But instead of  turning right on the hallway leading to Jisoo's room, they turned left.

"Where are we going?" Asked Haein. "This is not the direction of the woman's room."

The guard shrugged.

"The Seer's order changed." Said the guard 

"Changed?"

"You are not to meet the girl for the time being." Said the guard.

Haein tried to hide his shock. The Seer was determined for him to bed Jisoo as many times as possible to make sure Jisoo gets pregnant. What did Jisoo do to make the Seer change her mind? 

Haein's fists clenched. He wanted to see if Jisoo is all right.  What if the Seer had hurt her?

"Did something happen to the woman?" Asked Haein.

"Hmm... I don't think anything happened in particular. It seems like she told the Seer that she is afraid of you.The Seer had compassion." Said the guard. "Would you believe that? The Seer actually had compassion over the girl after what she made you do to the girl!"

Jisoo told the Seer she's afraid of him. Haein's jaws clenched. 

Is Jisoo still afraid of him? She was drenched in fear that first night... But he thought those fears had already dissappeared when they shared passionate lovemaking last night. Her moans... the way she reacted with his touch, the way she kissed him back...

Haein felt himself hardening at the memory, his desire rising...

No, she was not afraid of him last night. Last night, both of them shared passion and an indescribable connection... an intimacy he had never experienced before... It was as if they were becoming one as pleasure took hold of them. He had not felt like that in his life... He could not get enough of it... of her...

What happened after that?

Did he scare her too much this morning when he couldn't control his anger? That guard hurt Jisoo. The guard pulled her hair. He saw her pain and he couldn't just stand and watch. Did the physical changes in him scare her? He couldn't control changing like that when he's angry. The Seer reads minds... so Jisoo's fear must be real...

Haein closed his eyes tight in what felt like dread as if everything around him suddenly felt dull and lifeless.

Jisoo... is afraid of him... so afraid that she doesn't want to see him again.

Damn!

Haein reached the room his warriors occupy. He was locked inside.

"Haein!" Said Eric. "It's good you're back. I am so relieved. Finally the Seer stopped ordering you to... do her evil deeds." 

Haein sat on the floor, his back on the wall. 

Like Eric, he should be relieved that he is now free from the Seer's orders...

But... He doesn't feel relieved at all.

"Are you all right, Haein?"

Haein sighed.

"I am fine. Just tired. You should rest. I am sure you are also tired, Eric." Said Haein. "Bobby and Suga would have already escaped their buyers. Any day now. We should be always ready every early morning just in case our warriors attack."

Eric nodded.

Haein closed his eyes. When the warriors come, they will finally be out of this place. He can finally take his people home...

And that includes Jisoo. She's his responsibility now. She has no people to go home to. He will give her a home. She will be part of his people. 

-------

It had been days since he was last sent to Jisoo's room. Haein didn't know what is wrong with him. He couldn't sleep much. His mind has a life of it's own, it never stops thinking... and usually it goes to one subject matter... the subject that makes his blood boil in desire and his chest ache in pain.

Jisoo.

Right now... he can deny it no more...

He wants to see her... he wants to hold her... he wants to touch her... kiss her and feel her in his arms...

What he wants is not just any woman. What he wants is Jisoo...

He wants Jisoo. 

And he needs to see her... He wants to see her. That goodbye... still haunts him.

Haein has also lost his appetite the past days. He couldn't eat as much as he used to. Everything just seems to be tasteless for him nowadays. He gets tired easily and he gets irritated and angry fast. 

His warriors have noticed the changes but remained silent, enduring him. But Haein knew there is something wrong with him.

"You. Come with me." The guard ordered Haein.

Haein lowered the wood he was holding and followed the guard.

"There are buyers coming tomorrow. The flowers are being arranged. There are new golden vases that arrived for them. I need you to bring the vases to the garden." Said the guard.

The task seems simple enough 

"The vases are a bit too heavy. The women can't seem to lift them." Said the guard.

Ah... so that was the catch.

Haein saw the gigantic golden vases. They are as tall as a human being! Did they really expect the women to carry these?

Haein lifted one of the vases. It was indeed heavy. But despite his lack of appetite and weakening body, Haein can lift them. No problem at all. He followed the guard. He had not been to the garden before. As they approached the garden, he was reminded of a flower field in his clan. Their flowerfield is much larger and more beautiful than this garden. But Haein would agree that this place is beautiful. Already, Haein could feel his mood changing a bit. It must be because of the beauty of the surrounding... or the scent of flowers. 

"You there! Where should the vase be put?" Called the guard. 

A tall woman turned to the guard. And answered.

"Here!"

The tall woman is pretty, a woman who can easily catch any male's attention. But right now, Haein has no interest over any woman. The past days, even the women who would usually make him interested, did not interest him even a bit.

"Jisoo, should we asked the vase to be put here beside us so that it's easier to decorate?" 

Jisoo...

Haein's entire body tensed as his eyes focused on the woman sitting on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter